• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Music Makes Movies Magic [Youtube Clips]

xenos

Reaction score

"Non Nobis Domine" from Patrick Doyle's score for Kenneth Branagh's film of Shakespeare's Henry V.

Last edited:

xenos

Reaction score

"Non Nobis Domine" from Patrick Doyle's score for Kenneth Branagh's film of Shakespeare's Henry V.

I was recently introduced to the music of Patrick Doyle. This reminded me of the fact that there is a wealth of beautiful music composed for movies. GH already has threads devoted to classical music and musical theater. I think it is time for a thread devoted to movie scores.

I welcome other members of GH to add their favorites to this thread.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
I have loved Patrick Doyle's music since Kenneth Brannagh plucked him from the acting ensemble and asked him to create a theme for Henry V.

Here are two other favorites.

Cinderella

Hamlet

xenos

Reaction score
Topdog, thank you for "Cinderella." When I first heard of this movie I thought who needs another Disney version of the old tale. If, however, the movie lives up to Doyle's beautiful score it has to be worth seeing.:thumbs up:

xenos

Reaction score
"Conquest" by the great Alfred Newman

"Captain from Castile" is a swashbuckler about a man who flees from 16th century Spain after he offends the Spanish Inquisition. In the New World he joins the army of Hernán Cortés as he begins his conquest of the Aztecs.

This music accompanies the scene at the end of the film when Cortés begins his march toward Tenochtitlán, the Aztec capital.

Both the book and the film are recommended to fans of historical adventure novels.

Last edited:

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Nino Rota's The Godfather Theme from Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather (1972) with - among so so many other brilliant actors - Marlon Brando in one of his best roles. To me, the Godfather just is THE MOVIE, the best of all times, and Nino Rota's music is a very important part of the cinematic totality.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Magnificent Seven Theme

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
The Orgy - Conan the Barbarian Theme (Basil Poledouris)

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Vertigo -- OPENING TITLE SEQUENCE

xenos

Reaction score
Another Elmer Bernstein classic.

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD

I sometimes wish I had never seen this movie so I could have the pleasure of seeing again for the first time. I feel the same about the book.

xenos

Reaction score
Time for more Patrick Doyle

"Harry in Winter"

xenos

Reaction score
49th Parallel

I think this is one of the most beautiful melodies I have ever heard.

(Incidentally, the 49th parallel is the boundary between the United States and Canada.)

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score

Last edited:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score

greatest movie march ever!

gayest movie music ever!

xenos

Reaction score
"Laura" - 1944

This lush theme was written to accompany a scene where a detective, played by Dana Andrews, wanders through the Laura's apartment. He has been sent to investigate her disappearance. As the scene progresses the audience can tell that, although he has never met her, he is falling in love with her thanks in large part to the portrait hanging over the fireplace.

(Footnote: I once lived in a large apartment complex co-owned by Dana Andrews; and no, I never met him.)

xenos

Reaction score
The Big Country by Jerome Moross

Yee Haw! Ride'm, Cowboy!

Last edited:

xenos

Reaction score

One of prolific film composer John Barry's greatest scores. A great movie. If you haven't seen it treat yourself to a film about the home life of Henry II; Eleanor of Aquitaine; Prince Richard, later called The Lion Hearted; and Prince John who, as King John, was forced to sign the Magna Carta.

The arrival of Queen Eleanor at The royal palace/castle of Chinon.

Last edited:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Queen - Flash (Official Video)