• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classical music [Youtube Clips]

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
@roamer: I love that waltz. To me it was one of those themes you know from some- and nowhere, till I heard it once on a BBC-space-documentry and then I went on a search.

This is Buxtehude, a master who lived and worked in North Germany. Bach went to see thim in 1705(?) to learn from him and stayed longer than planned. The bass line is very characteristic.

peter123

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
What about Czech classics?

Thx Sinerr, "Die Moldau" was one of the first classical musical work I was confronted with,...... and I liked and like it^^
Thx for sharing.:blushing:

Last edited:

ksuke36

Reaction score
lately into the Scriabin symphonies - really like big, overblown romantic-type music. Busoni, Scharwenka, piano concertos are among my favorites. enjoy chopin greatly. schumann, too

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Thanks ihno for starting this thread - and giving all of us yet another opportunity to prove that Gayheaven is the very opposite of narrowmindedness!

I think I´ll be posting quite a lot in this thread, and I´ll start with one of my most beloved composers - Franz Schubert !

peter123

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Thanks ihno for starting this thread - and giving all of us yet another opportunity to prove that Gayheaven is the very opposite of narrowmindedness!I think I´ll be posting quite a lot in this thread, and I´ll start with one of my most beloved composers - Franz Schubert !

That's it;) Thank you:)

Also THX to all contributors^^

Last edited:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Thanks ihno for starting this thread - and giving all of us yet another opportunity to prove that Gayheaven is the very opposite of narrowmindedness!

I think I´ll be posting quite a lot in this thread, and I´ll start with one of my most beloved composers - Franz Schubert !

The second piece is much like the first Song of the Winterreise. Thank you.

Oh yeah, Shoebird :D

@bigsal: The La Gazza Ladra overture always makes me smile, I just love it... :applause:

Last edited:

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Some renaissance music for solo lute, written by Shakespeares marvellous contemporary John Dowland (1563-1626).

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
Richard Wagner: Tristan & Isolde

No classical music collection without Richard Wagner.

Don't worry guys, I don't plan to share all the huge operas of him right here as you would need an iron butt in case of all the hours :rofl:

Here is one of the most famous pieces of Wagner, the so called "Love-Death" from "Tristan & Isolde" in the version just for orchestra but it is still making me cry every time.

Enjoy :heart:

Looking forward to post more very soon. I wish all of you guys already a nice Sunday :big hug:

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
Richard Wagner: Tristan & Isolde - Prelude

And to make it "complete" here is the also famous Prelude of "Tristan" with that mystic chord at the very beginning.

Tristan was my start to get deeper and deeper involved with the cosmos of Richard Wagner and this Prelude offers already most of the melodic material what is involved in the 4 1/2 beautiful hours of the whole piece:heart:

This is just pure emotion; tragic, passion, sensuality

Wagner's music just sucks you deeper and deeper and I am happy to be always an addicted
or as often said in the classical music scene - a "Wagnerian" :D

Enjoy :heart:

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
I tend to listen to more podcasts than music, but when I do listen to music then Classical is at the very top of my list.

I find it very hard to pins my tastes down, because they just keep changing. The first composer that spoke to me was Tchaikovsky, as a teenager there is something about including canons as musical instruments that really appeals :)

Then I mellowed out a bit and decided I liked Mozart, then I got bored of him and moved on to Bach.

Next I became obsessed with the piano, and went through a big Chopin phase, and then my eyes (or rather my ears) were really opened when a friend introduced me to Rachmaninov.

At the moment I'm in a Beethoven phase, the massive evolution of style over his 9 symphonies is fascinating, and I simply cannot get enough of the full version of his 9th. Ode to Joy's effect only really hits you when your arrive there after a journey.

Actually - that gets to my biggest thing - there is very little I hate more in life than abridged pieces and "best of" albums of classical music. You can't just slice out the "good bits", they only live up to their potential in context! I didn't really like Finnlandia that much at first because I was introduced to it on one of these cursed "best of" CDs in massively abbreviated form. A friend made me sit down and listen to it all and now it's one of my favourite pieces!

I've probably rambled on long enough - the short version is that I love classical music, and I pretty much enjoy anything but Opera, and I even like some of that.

B.

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
Actually - that gets to my biggest thing - there is very little I hate more in life than abridged pieces and "best of" albums of classical music. You can't just slice out the "good bits", they only live up to their potential in context! I didn't really like Finnlandia that much at first because I was introduced to it on one of these cursed "best of" CDs in massively abbreviated form. A friend made me sit down and listen to it all and now it's one of my favourite pieces!

B.

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Actually - that gets to my biggest thing - there is very little I hate more in life than abridged pieces and "best of" albums of classical music. You can't just slice out the "good bits", they only live up to their potential in context!

Yes, that's totally true. Plus: on those samplers you will only find bad or boring recordings.

BigBenni said:
No classical music collection without Richard Wagner.

Yes, Wagner. Wagner... Johannes Brahms wrote his first piano concerto between 1850 and 1859 and it was a huge failure, one of the many steps towards a symphony.

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
@ XMan101

Thank you so much :big hug: :heart:

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
@ihno

Yeah, both piano concertos of Brahms are definitely composed in symphonic style and the first concerto had even a very hard way to find its place as people in former times thought it doesn't fulfill the structures like Mozart or Beethoven had BUT at the time when Brahms composed his 2 concertos there has already started a new style of piano concerto and I think you see that pretty well when you look further to Rachmaninov as these concertos are also like symphonies which include the piano as an equivalent and not just shows pure virtuosity.

I especially like the lyrical slow movements of both Brahms concertos.
There you just have music making on highest level and the huge orchestra sounds like making chamber music - this is wonderful, e.g. the trio that the piano, cello and clarinet have in the slow movement of the 2nd concerto - aww, isn't that lovely? :heart:

Btw, the link with Helene Grimaud that you shared is one of my favourite recordings of Brahms' 1st piano concerto. Thank you for that :heart:

Last edited:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
I especially like the lyrical slow movements of both Brahms concertos.
There you just have music making on highest level and the huge orchestra sounds like making chamber music - this is wonderful, e.g. the trio that the piano, cello and clarinet have in the slow movement of the 2nd concerto - aww, isn't that lovely? :heart:

I like the first a little more than the second and with the first one I love the waltz-theme from the frist movement, esp. when it ends. The second is beyond words... and with the third it's the end again I especially like (at the moment :D ).

Btw, the link with Helene Grimaud that you shared is one of my favourite recordings of Brahms' 1st piano concerto. Thank you for that :heart:

Glad you like. :) But I didn't check all the recordings, just refrained from some other I didn't like. ;) Sometimes you really to search on youtube to find something nice.

@gorgik9: I went yesterday to get the Schubert's trio D929. :)

I think this thread is worth making a sticky ;)

I should have named it "ihno's classic thread" :D :p

Last edited:

Periak

Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator: