• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Windows 10

zimbalist

Reaction score
I have Windows 8.1 and am satisfied with it, and now that Windows 10 keeps asking me to install it there is no way that I will willingly replace 8 with 10. But I know that at some point my PC will die and I will have to buy a new one with 10. I will never pay Mac's prices. Never.

ben2003

Reaction score
I use 10, works fine for me but then again I am probably not using to its full potential.

larrywar

Reaction score
I'm so angry at Microsoft's pushing Win 10 -- putting a cookie on my computer that
I can't seem to delete or erase -- that I'll stick with Win 7 as long as it keeps doing what I use my computer for.

pinklee1

Reaction score
get rid of the "cookie"

you will have to go to installed WINDOWS" updates to remove the cookie. you can find the update labeled "GWX" which some clever "Microsoft clerk" labeled it. (GET WINDOWS TEN). after you find the offending update simply right click your mouse on it and uninstall it. good luck and hope this helps.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Stop or roll back a Win 10 update

W1ndows 10 has been installing itself on PCs with W1ndows 7 or 8.1. If you want to stick with a previous version of Windows, you can in a few easy steps. -> LINK

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Just a thought - if you find yourself fighting against your operating system, maybe it's not the OS for you? Now might be a good time to consider making a switch to something else.

B.

down_the_street

Reaction score
I am a fan of Win10 and look forward to the Anniversary Update this summer. Lots of goodies -- including BASH!

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
A year later and I'm actually back to Windows 7 on my personal computer. Once set up, I like it more even though setting it up is a bit more work.

Having recently rebuilt or replaced all the computers in my household, as well as helping some friends out with their PCs, I find Windows 10 to be much easier to support and maintain.

zeropolis79

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Windows 10 but can't downgrade it to 7 as no drivers exist for some of the hardware.. I've got the software I like to use on it though...

McPherson

Reaction score
I wonder what kind of problems some people have with Windows 10, it works well

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
It is a bit different. My main reason for keeping Windows 7 on my personal computers is less that and more the fact the OS just isn't as refined. Multiple control panels, an incomplete interface, various glitches... I think they're moving in the right direction but I'll wait this one out and see what the next version looks like. However, as stated, it's so easy to maintain and support so I typically put it on computers I build for family members and friends. Also, for me personally, Windows 7 is just much more pleasing on my eyes and that's important because I spend a lot of time looking at my computer's display.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well last night my laptop died on me and so I am now playing with a shiny brand-new laptop with Win 10 - a couple of hours ago I was pacing the carpet and pulling my hair out but things have improved and I think I might get used to it quicker than I thought.

One major initial problem was that I just couldn't get all the bookmarked website to migrate across - I think that's sorted now but I still have to go into each folder and re-organise them as they have all defaulted to alphabetical order. I had some issues getting the mouse settings adjusted from a Win 7 to Win 10 OS... it was much to fast an far too sensitive

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
Welp, as of this past Friday, Windows 10 is no longer free. Hope everyone who wanted it but not bad enough to spend over $100 (over $200 for Pro) got it.

FWIW, it won't be until October of this year that OEMs are to stop shipping new machines with Windows 7 meaning for a good minute, you can still go out and buy a Windows 7 system brand new.

Last edited:

camyoo

Reaction score
After months of pestering me to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 I finally took the plunge and am quite happy with the new OS. No significant problems SO FAR....

lhardwick69

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with windows 10 at all--its the most stable version of windows out there and runs smoothly--I think a lot of this nitpicking windows 10 is its Microsoft but if don't like it go to Linux and try it--and trust me its not easy to use-- drivers don't install automatically for most stuff you have to manually install them yourself and hope it works in that version of Linux

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
In regards to my last post here, I noticed a few days ago that the Windows 10 installer still accepts Windows 7 product keys not previously used for Windows 10 and on systems that never previously ran it. This was with booting the computer from installation media and performing a clean install. I have not tested an upgrade install performed from within 7 SP1 or 8.1.

Last edited: