• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

My thingies

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
Decided to do a new thread for my drawings etc. so they're not scattered all over the Graphics and Writing section.

These three I made using pencils and added some colour with program. Also good for making light/dark spots, since camera destroys the whitenes of the paper anyways, and darkest tones I usually do with black acrylic paint;) And these are not supposed to be anatomically correct or stuff.

The second one I posted earlier too, but since there's kinda "theme" going on:p

retro2263

Reaction score
Nice technique adding the watercolor effect. Did you notice how the mood changed as you were adding the colors to your drawings?

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
Nice technique adding the watercolor effect. Did you notice how the mood changed as you were adding the colors to your drawings?

Thank you, and I sure did. I have painted with oil colours as younger, but recent years I haven't had a place to paint(space and air condition issues) and the time it takes... Haven't got enough. So I have kinda been missing the colors, since with just pencils the drawings almost always seem a bit "light" if you don't add something else to the mix. But had - to be honest - forgotten how big influence just one color can do:eek:

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score

And by the way, there is no watercolor effect. Haven't found the effects yet:p I just did the drawings first with pencils, took a picture(once again with my crappy phones wga-cam;)) with camera. Then I brought the light parts back using some tool which name I don't know(since the cam killed the whiteness of the paper) and with the same tool made the dark parts darker, which I usually do with black acrylic paint when I have it. After that I circled the areas desired to be colored using somekinda layer tool and added color. And the "shapes" in the second picture are caused by that same tool which I used to darken/lighten the other drawings, but at that drawing I didn't know one can actually get it to makes soft edges, so I just bravely went overboard with it and I liked the outcome anyways:).

retro2263

Reaction score
And by the way, there is no watercolor effect. Haven't found the effects yet:p I just did the drawings first with pencils, took a picture(once again with my crappy phones wga-cam;)) with camera. Then I brought the light parts back using some tool which name I don't know(since the cam killed the whiteness of the paper) and with the same tool made the dark parts darker, which I usually do with black acrylic paint when I have it. After that I circled the areas desired to be colored using somekinda layer tool and added color. And the "shapes" in the second picture are caused by that same tool which I used to darken/lighten the other drawings, but at that drawing I didn't know one can actually get it to makes soft edges, so I just bravely went overboard with it and I liked the outcome anyways:).

Sometimes those "Happy Mistakes" are the best mistakes. Where art is concerned, anyway.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I seriously like your stuff, in particular the second picture - shiploads of Nordic melancholy ! That's my interpretation anyway ;)!

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
I seriously like your stuff, in particular the second picture - shiploads of Nordic melancholy ! That's my interpretation anyway ;)!

Yeah, it's the feeling we Nordics get when summer sun comes and the heat starts to rise, and you realize you don't have any nice summer clothes cause you thought last year, that what's the point of buying clothes just for few warm days. And because of that you are sitting depressed on the floor not wearing a thing:rofl: Just kidding;) Really nice that you spotted the melancholy, and especially Nordic melancholy, which I think is totally different from normal melancholy. It's a Nordic thing;)

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Yeah, it's the feeling we Nordics get when summer sun comes and the heat starts to rise, and you realize you don't have any nice summer clothes cause you thought last year, that what's the point of buying clothes just for few warm days. And because of that you are sitting depressed on the floor not wearing a thing:rofl: Just kidding;) Really nice that you spotted the melancholy, and especially Nordic melancholy, which I think is totally different from normal melancholy. It's a Nordic thing;)

I was actually thinking about a few contemporary masters of Nordic melancholy art, one of them being Lars Lerin, who at the same time is the great contemporary master of Nordic watercolor painting. To see a watercolorist as skilled as Lerin, you'll have to get back around the turn of the century 1900, back to artists such as Anders Zorn in Sweden or Henry Scott Tuke in England.