• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classic Cars

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
The craziest match ever : Citroen 2CV vs Ferrari 330 GT on Paris - Nice

Six years later, the motorway is barely finished between Paris and Nice, cars are differents, just because the magazine "L'Automobile" prefers to change. 2CV and big Ferrari V12 allways exist and we are still before speed limits age.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Citroen SM in movies

Cesar et Rosalie (Claude Sautet)

Columbo - season 5 ; episode 3 (jeu d'identité)

Folle à tuer (Yves Boisset)

Most of the time, in police series, I noticed that the murderer has a Jaguar, a Citroen or sometimes a BMW.

You missed the best one...

Burt Reynolds "The Longest Yard" 1974

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
I remember, this Citroën did really exist. It was a car intended for the marketing staff of the firm. "The car without frontiers" was the message for it first middle class model, the GS in 1971-72. Several hundred of cars were painted with some flags to insist on the world vocation of this big 2CV, maybe too sophisticated to become the french Toyota ;)

A nice message however :thumbs up:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Stay far of the Alpine, pay attention to virus ;)

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
October 1934 : at the 28th Paris Motorshow Andre Citroen presents his new FWD

Citroen stand with all the models of the scale

Andre Citroen presents the new car to the president Albert Lebrun

One of the first autoradio on board of the 7 (FWD models were 7, 11, 22)

Between Renault and Citroen face to face, a kind of cold war

Peugeot stand with 201, 301, 401, 601

golfdelta21

Reaction score
The history of chassis number 41.100 of the Bugatti Type 41 Royale

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Paris Motorshow 1964

Foreground, the cleaning staff in round set of the new Panhard 24 BT

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Some nice Peugeot motorshow models

1953 - 203

1957 - 403

1963 - 404 SL injection leather interior (the car of the doctor, the summit!)

1972 - 104

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Some famous Citroën on their set for the first time

1948 - 2CV

1955 - DS 19

1970 - SM - GS

1974 - CX

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Last Paris motorshows in amazing setting of "Grand Palais"

1959 - Citroën ID19 estate

1959 - Two historic models (classic cars today) face to face : Austin Morris Mini and Chevrolet Corvair. the Mini is splitted in half for showing his mechanical

1960 - New Peugeot 404

1961 - new Renault 4

1961 - Some lucky visitors can test suspension flexibility of the new Renault

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
By Panhard they didn't know what to invent for surprising the motorshow visitors

In 1957 they opened wide a Dyna

1961 - Two PL17 on one turning set, one time I see the saloon, one time I see the convertible, one time I see the saloon, one time I see the convertible, one ...

1962 - PL17 new generation appeared inside a big metallic flower that opened and closed

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

From 4 CV to Renault 4, all is changing except the engine
But happily, as you can see below, there are not only french constructors at the motorshow !

1953 - Fiat 1100

1954 - Beautiful spanish sport car Pegaso with plexiglas body. Visitors can see all the mechanical. The main activity of Pegaso is trucks building.

1954 - Foreground, a Triumph TR2

1955 - Fiat 600

1965 - MGB

1971 - Alfa-Romeo Alfasud

1972 - Fiat 126

1980 - Lancia Delta - Austin Metro - Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
DuZnmmYXQAABL71.jpg%20large.jpg

golfdelta21

Reaction score
1952 Citroën Traction Avant 15CV

France is known for its idiosyncratic automobiles built by forceful, determined individuals, including Bugatti, Renault, Talbot, Delahaye and Voisin, as well as equally unique coachwork from houses like Figoni et Falaschi and Saoutchik. None, however, combined innovation and individuality with any more effect than Andre Citroen. The Paris firm's innovations were many including early adoption of all-steel bodies. In 1934 Citroen introduced the Traction Avant which made anything built elsewhere in the world immediately outdated. As its name implied it was front wheel drive. The body was unit constructed with no separate frame. The engine and front wheels mounted to a separate subframe. The wheels were placed at the extreme corners of the car allowing the body to be dropped between them for the lowest silhouette of anything on the road, and a low center of gravity that delivered outstanding road holding and dynamics. Initially powered by a small 4-cylinder, the package was soon lengthened to accept an inline six. With 2,867cc displacement it had a French fiscal horsepower rating of 15 chevaux vapeur. Thus its model designation, 15CV. Popular throughout Europe for good handling, comfort, roomy accommodations and a surprising turn of speed, the 15CV and its smaller 4-cylinder sibling the 11CV have featured in hundreds of films and chase scenes.

golfdelta21

Reaction score
1936 panhard panoramique x73 sedan

Panhard et Levassor is one of the founding names in the history of the automobile, tracing its origins to Emile Levassor's 1891 prototype with an engine licensed from Gottlieb Daimler.

The layout of the modern rear wheel drive automobile was conceived by Panhard et Levassor, the 'Systeme Panhard' that today defines the longitudinal engine, gearbox and shaft drive that is universal.
Panhard pioneered Charles Y. Knight's nearly silent sleeve valve engines, four-wheel brakes, constant mesh transmissions and the transverse live rear axle locating link still known as a Panhard rod.
In the mid-Twenties Panhard's chief engineer, Louis Bionier, augmented his designs for speed record cars with advanced concepts of safety and visibility culminating the dramatic Panoramique in 1933 of which this 1936 X73 is a premier example.
Righthand drive, as all 'proper' French automobiles were during this period, it is a simply magnificent expression of the quality, refined design and distinction that characterized the automobiles of Panhard. The luxurious body is by Panhard's own coachworks with black paint and sumptuous beige cloth upholstery and interior trim.