• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Fears mount that China's spymasters will cruise Grindr

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Fears mount that China's spymasters will cruise Grindr for personal data to 'out people' after a Chinese tech firm bought the gay dating app for $400m

Chinese gaming company Kunlun completed acquisition of Grindr last week
The popular gay hookup app has millions of users in the US and worldwide
Now fears are emerging that Chinese government could access their info
Company says it has safeguards in place and remains subject to US laws

The recent acquisition of gay hookup app Grinder by a Chinese tech company has sparked fears that China's spymasters could gain access to millions of users' information.

Kunlun Group Limited bought Grindr last week at a rumored valuation of $400million, ousting founder Joel Simkhai as CEO in favor of Kunlun chairman Yahui Zhou.

Grindr, an eight-year-old company based in West Hollywood, California, has denied that Chinese intelligence services will be able to use information from the app to blackmail or otherwise influence targets.

'The Chinese government will not have access to your account,' Grindr said in a statement after the deal was announced last year.

'[Parent company] Beijing Kunlun is not owned by the Chinese government. This sale doesn’t change how Grindr safeguards our user data.'

But some cybersecurity experts aren't so sure, and point out that the Chinese government is able to exert significant pressure and control on the country's private enterprises.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5264963/Grindr-sale-Kunlun-sparks-fears-Chinese-spying.html

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never accessed Grindr but if I had I would be unhappy about this development. I mean I have nothing to worry about as a private citizen and not some intelligence agent or in some other position that might make me a target.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
... I mean I have nothing to worry about as a private citizen and not some intelligence agent or in some other position that might make me a target.

But isn't that exactly what you would expect a spy to say? Hmm? :thinking:

Habukaz

Reaction score
None of the apps are private. There is no entry barrier. Anyone can download and use them. Everyone who uses them has to know their profile and pictures are public knowledge for everyone to see. Since the Snowden leaks everyone who uses the internet on a regular basis should know governments are constantly scanning everything that happens online.

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
I don't understand why a Chinese tech firm would buy Grindr.

The creepy reason has been suggested, but $400 million is LOT of money.
Is there is business reason for this?

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
I don't understand why a Chinese tech firm would buy Grindr. The creepy reason has been suggested, but $400 million is LOT of money. Is there is business reason for this?

I don't know what you are asking. How much do you think Grindr is worth?