• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Huckabee resigns from Country Music Board after complaints

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Republican politician Mike Huckabee joined the CMA Foundation board Wednesday but resigned a day later claiming ‘hate wins’
Republican Mike Huckabee joined the Country Music Association (CMA) Foundation board of directors on Wednesday.

He stepped down just a day later after a number of artists voiced concerns about his political beliefs and views.

Huckabee is a former Governor of Arkansas (1996-2007). He stood as a Presidential candidate in the Republican primaries in 2008 and 2016. He has repeatedly spoken out against LGBTI rights and against gun control measures.
2579784712bd3c84c4c561179662ea5d93f62bcf.jpg

The Country Music Association formed in 1958 and is one of the most powerful and influential bodies in country music. The CMA Foundation is its philanthropic arm.

Huckabee’s appointment was announced Wednesday by CMA chairman The foundation’s chairman Joe Galante.
Jason Owen and Sandbox

One of the most prominent people to complain was Jason Owen, who leads Sandbox Entertainment. The management company represents Faith Hill, Little Big Town, Kacey Musgraves, Midland and others.

Musicrow printed a copy of the letter Owen, who is gay, married and a parent, sent to the CMA Foundation.

In it, he says:

‘It is with a heavy heart that I must let you know moving forward, Sandbox and Monument will no longer support the CMA Foundation in any way (this includes everyone we represent collectively) considering the heartbreaking news shared today regarding Mike Huckabee appointee/elected to the CMA Foundation.

‘Further, we find it hard to support the organization as a whole as a result. As you may know I have a child and two on the way. This man has made it clear that my family is not welcome in his America. And the CMA has opened their arms to him, making him feel welcome and relevant.

‘Huckabee speaks of the sort of things that would suggest my family is morally beneath his and uses language that has a profoundly negative impact upon young people all across this country. Not to mention how harmful and damaging his deep involvement with the NRA is.

‘What a shameful choice. I will not participate in any organization that elevates people like this to positions that amplify their sick voices. This was a detrimentally poor choice by the CMA and it’s leaders.

‘I only wish the best for you and I know how hard you work for the foundation but a grossly offensive decision like this only makes your job harder and diminishes the foundation’s purpose.’
Huckabee: ‘Bullies care about themselves than kids needing music’

In his resignation letter, Huckabee talked about growing up ‘dirt poor’ in South Arkansas. However, discovering music had transformed his life and he wanted other kids to have the opportunity to play instruments.

He said: ‘I genuinely regret that some in the industry were so outraged by my appointment that they bullied the CMA and the Foundation with economic threats and vowed to withhold support for the programs for students if I remained.

‘I’m somewhat flattered to be of such consequence when all I thought I was doing was voluntarily serving on a non-profit board without pay in order to (continue) my decades of advocacy for the arts and especially music.’

Huckabee also took to Twitter to say: ‘Got home from 28 hour trip from Taipei that lasted longer than my time on CMA Foundation board. Read my FULL letter of resignation and see that “Hate Wins” and bullies care about themselves than kids needing music.’
Commenting on Huckabee’s resignation, Chad Griffin, President of HRC, said: ‘Mike Huckabee has staked his entire political career on undermining the rights of LGBTQ people and our families.

‘His cynical political attacks and discriminatory views do not represent the diversity of country music, and we thank all of the musicians, industry leaders and fans who spoke out against his appointment to this important role.’
Code:
https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/huckabee-resigns-country-
music/
Good news, surprised country music stood up to hate.

Last edited:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
When you are too conservative for Country Music - that is really saying something. Many country artists have been pro-LGBT (and some are actually gay), but few have been willing to go out on a limb publicly. This is smashing some of that stigma and saying that it is possible stand up for queer people, even in Nashville. It will be interesting to see where this goes next.

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score
The CMA (Country Music Association) is less detrimental and harmful to the people of Nashville than the SBC (Southern Baptist Conference) is. Both are headquartered there.

In recent years, the CMA has done more to promote acceptance, inclusion, and safety not only in their industry, but the city, and the State of Tennessee -- even if marginally. For every slight gain, the SBC has worked to set those back two steps in the city, the state, and the nation.

As a former Tennessean and frequent visitor to Nashville, I'm glad the artists and management teams stood up to the CMA and Huckabee, forcing his resignation. It also takes some, but not much, shame off the state -- which used to be a progressive voice of the New South, but lately has become more hateful and virulent.