• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classical music [Youtube Clips]

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
Franz Schubert Piano Sonata D960

Sir Alfred Brendel was my start into the beautiful world of the piano music of Franz Schubert and since then he became one of my absolute favourite pianists :heart:

Here I want to share the beuatiful slow movement of the last piano sonata of Schubert.

Aww it has such a huge depth and Brendel KNOWS how to work this out so that the whole piece just catches you.

In case of Schubert Mister Brendel did an enormous effort even to make Schubert more popular and I am glad that we have so many recordings of Brendel which show his passion and even more his wisdom to play these wonderful jewels :heart:

kphvto

Reaction score
Youri Egorov plays Schubert

Youri Egorov was a great poet! Listen to this Schubert recorded live at the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam. It was one of his last performances. Youri died at his home in Amsterdam from complications of AIDS in 1988. He was 33 years old. He had made 14 recordings at the time of his death and several more were awaiting release. In 1989 Egorov was the subject of a VPRO Television documentary, "Youri Egorov 1954 - 1988" by Eline Flipse. The program won the special prize of the jury at the BANFF-televisiefestival in Canada and was nominated in 1990 for the Prix Italia.
http://www.youri-egorov.com/ (Dutch website)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sinnerr

EDIT:It's just kick ass song. I'm listening it since I've post it.
You can dance on it, and if you're not good dancer you can just headbang. :D :D :D

Last edited:

gerunc

Reaction score
me and my friend like classical music too. My friends favourite is Richard Wagner.

primera9

Reaction score
I love (and can recommend) the choral music of Eric Whitacre and Morten Lauridsen. Try listening to 'Sleep' by Eric Whitacre.

gopfem

Reaction score
I have listened to very diverse Dvorak recordings - smoe really do not touch me and other really want me to play the stuff.

X

XMan101

EDIT:It's just kick ass song. I'm listening it since I've post it.
You can dance on it, and if you're not good dancer you can just headbang. :D :D :D

Loved Dvorak for as long as I remember and his Slavonic Dances are just fabulous.

Love your description :p That's the way to treat classical music, too many set it apart from everything else, but it can be just as fun and funky as any other genre ;)

X

XMan101

Yay!! So true Sinnerr ;)

In the UK one of the most popular music stations is Classic FM. They play it like pop music , might not please the purists but we still have the serious listening programmes too , on that station and on the BBC.

It's just great to switch on sometimes and hear something bouncy, as much as i love opera and full symphonys, but not all the time ;)

S

Sinnerr

Yay!! So true Sinnerr ;)

In the UK one of the most popular music stations is Classic FM. They play it like pop music , might not please the purists but we still have the serious listening programmes too , on that station and on the BBC.

It's just great to switch on sometimes and hear something bouncy, as much as i love opera and full symphonys, but not all the time ;)

Czech radio, 3rd channel "Vlatava" also plays a lot of classical music. I personally listen music (any genre) mostly from youtube - I choose for what I have appetite at the moment.
Anyway, Jiri Belohlavek - conductor from this clip was conducting BBC orchestra past 7 seasons. I'm very glad He's back at home now and working with Czech philharmony. And also that they started trend to get young people nearer to classical music.

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
Some fresh pieces by Strauss

"On the Hunt" with Riccardo Muti 1993

"Love-Message" with Mariss Jansons 2006

Good Mood is always given with these sparkling pieces :)

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score

I often leave more or less serious comments on youtube, so sometimes I get a PM. Today I got this work "Adagio" sent to me by the composer Gerard Droszd from Poland (or maybe it was sent by an impostor, you can never know. :D ).

Anyway, I think it's nice and wanted to post it here.

Joy-Ann, erm enjoy... :)

Last edited:

creslinwest

Reaction score
Butterfly lovers concerto

I first heard this concerto on the violin (Vanessa Mae's China Girl album) and while I love that version I also really like this version on the erhu.

I also enjoyed Dvorak's Slavonic Dance (thanks for posting it Sinnerr), but my favourite Dvorak would have to be the Cello concerto or the Stabat Mater I'll have to see if I can find a good version on youtube to post here.

Last edited: