• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

George Takei Accused of Sexually Assaulting Former Model in 1981

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
This is getting more interesting by the day:

George Takei Accused of Sexually Assaulting Former Model in 1981

gettyimages-522765532_-_h_2017.jpg

Accuser Scott R. Brunton says he was groped by the 'Star Trek' icon at the actor's Los Angeles condo.

A former model and actor is accusing Star Trek icon George Takei of sexual assault in 1981. The accuser, Scott R. Brunton, who was 23 at the time of the alleged incident, claims that Takei took advantage of him when he was most vulnerable.

"This happened a long time ago, but I have never forgotten it," Brunton tells The Hollywood Reporter in an interview. "It is one of those stories you tell with a group of people when people are recounting bizarre instances in their lives, this always comes up. I have been telling it for years, but I am suddenly very nervous telling it."

Brunton says he was living in Hollywood in 1981, working as a waiter and beginning a career as a commercial actor and model when he met a 43- or 44-year-old Takei one evening at Greg's Blue Dot bar. The men exchanged numbers and would call one another from time to time as well as run into each other at clubs, Brunton says. When Brunton broke up with his then-boyfriend, he spoke with Takei. "He said, 'Let me know what your new number is' and I did. And not long after we broke up and I moved out, George called me," Brunton recalls.

Takei, as Brunton tells it, invited him to dinner and the theater. "He was very good at consoling me and understanding that I was upset and still in love with my boyfriend," Brunton says. "He was a great ear. He was very good about me spilling my heart on my sleeve."

The two men went back to the actor's condo for a drink the same night. "We have the drink and he asks if I would like another," Brunton recalls. "And I said sure. So, I have the second one, and then all of a sudden, I begin feeling very disoriented and dizzy, and I thought I was going to pass out. I said I need to sit down and he said sit over here and he had the giant yellow beanbag chair. So I sat down in that and leaned my head back and I must have passed out."

"The next thing I remember I was coming to and he had my pants down around my ankles and he was groping my crotch and trying to get my underwear off and feeling me up at the same time, trying to get his hands down my underwear," Brunton says. "I came to and said, 'What are you doing?!' I said, 'I don't want to do this.' He goes, 'You need to relax. I am just trying to make you comfortable. Get comfortable.' And I said, 'No. I don't want to do this.' And I pushed him off and he said, 'OK, fine.' And I said I am going to go and he said, 'If you feel you must. You're in no condition to drive.' I said, 'I don't care I want to go.' So I managed to get my pants up and compose myself and I was just shocked. I walked out and went to my car until I felt well enough to drive home, and that was that."

THR spoke to four longtime friends of Brunton — Norah Roadman, Rob Donovan, Stephen Blackshear and Jan Steward — who said that he had confided in them about the Takei encounter years ago.

Takei's rep, Julia Buchwald, tells THR, "George is traveling in Japan and Australia and not reachable for comment." Takei, now 80, rose to fame playing Hikaru Sulu on the original Star Trek television series. He is also an author and activist and has been an outspoken advocate for LGBTQ rights.

Brunton claims that he met up with Takei years after the incident in Portland, Brunton's current home, while the actor was there on a book tour. "I wanted to see him," Brunton says. "I always wanted to ask him — I just felt really betrayed. I thought I was a friend and here I am later, just another piece of meat. So I called him up at the hotel — I figured out which hotel he was at — and he said 'Hi, Scott. I remember you.' I wanted to ask him why. We met for coffee, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It was just too uncomfortable."

Brunton says he considered going to the media with the story for years, but he assumed no one would take him seriously. "Who's going to believe me? It's my word against his," he says.

Brunton's reasoning changed after the Harvey Weinstein scandal, and specifically when Takei spoke out regarding allegations leveled against Kevin Spacey.

On Oct. 29, Anthony Rapp, an actor starring in the latest Star Trek series, claimed to BuzzFeed News that Spacey sexually assaulted him while he was a minor in 1986. Spacey later apologized and came out as gay in response. "When power is used in a non-consensual situation, it is a wrong," Takei said of the Spacey claim in a statement to THR on Oct. 30. "For Anthony Rapp, he has had to live with the memory of this experience of decades ago. For Kevin Spacey, who claims not to remember the incident, he was the older, dominant one who had his way. Men who improperly harass or assault do not do so because they are gay or straight — that is a deflection. They do so because they have the power, and they chose to abuse it."

Brunton says he found Takei's response infuriating. "I don't want anything from him but an apology," he says. "I am sure he'll disown all this, I don't know, maybe not."

Source

There's more to come folks. This is only the beginning.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
George Takei ‘Shocked And Bewildered’ By Former Model’s Sexual Assault Allegation
A day after a former model said George Takei had sexually assaulted him 36 years ago, the “Star Trek” actor strongly denied any wrongdoing, saying that he was “shocked and bewildered” by the claims.

On Friday, Scott R. Brunton recounted in detail the night of the alleged assault, saying that he woke up to find Takei groping him without his consent.

Takei responded to Brunton, whom he claims not to remember, in a string of tweets posted Saturday morning.

“The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now,” the actor wrote. “I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do.”

“But I do take these claims very seriously, and I wanted to provide my response thoughtfully and not out of the moment,” Takei added.

Brunton, who was 23 at the time of the alleged incident, said he had developed a friendship with Takei, then in his mid-40s, through the gay nightlife scene. One night, he said the two went back to the actor’s home for a drink, which left him feeling dizzy. Brunton claimed he came to with Takei “groping my crotch and trying to get my underwear off.”

He said he quickly left the apartment and ceased contact with Takei, except for a coffee meet-up years later. The former model said he was “too uncomfortable” at the time to confront the actor.

While Brunton said he’s shared the story with friends over the years, he said he chose to come forward now because of Takei’s strong condemnation of Kevin Spacey, who’s at the center of his own sexual misconduct scandal.

“Right now it is a he said / he said situation, over alleged events nearly 40 years ago,” Takei continued on Twitter. “But those that know me understand that non-consensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful.”

The 80-year-old went on to note his appreciation for the support of his partner of more than 30 years, Brad Altman, during this time.
Code:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/george-takei-denies-sexual-assault-allegation_us_5a071b14e4b0e37d2f37b615?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I was as surprised as anyone to hear this allegation. But I'm not ready to discount this man's claims automatically. It is entirely possible he's telling the truth. I think his story warrants further scrutiny.

He didn't claim George raped him only that he touched him inappropriately and without his consent.

The possibility of his drink being drugged to cause him to be more pliable was also mentioned. That is not beyond possibility either.

I suppose we'll learn more as time goes on.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Yeah, it's really terrible. You go to a Night Club in the gay scene and you'll end up with someone who's after your pants. And if you get drunk someone must have done something in your mineral water.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I know. It's like there just weren't any 'safe spaces' back in those days. It's just awful to think what might have happened had George not been drunk. He might have taken that poor man's virginity.

What a world, what a world ...

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
I think we need to begin to separate in our thoughts the experience and needs of the victims from the guilt and morality of the perpetrator.

In Bill Cosby you had women being harassed, assaulted, drugged and raped. Their experiences and the consequences were individually overwhelming. And then turning to Cosby you had a serial abuser that did this for decades - all the while being admired by millions as the embodiment of parental care. It was deeply morally disturbing.

With Kevin Spacey none of the incidents that we know of really go to Cosby-levels of rape and assault. And if there was just one of them and not a pattern, you might write it off as drunken bad behavior. Although - and this is an important point - even a one-off evening of drunken bad behavior can leave a victim assaulted and emotionally scarred. The wound to the individual victim is just as real whether he is the first or the 100th victim. But the moral stain on the perpetrator is not quite so deep.

Of course, Space & Weinstein were far from one-off incidents. They were part of a pattern that like Cosby spanned decades.

Which brings me to Takei. As far as we know, this was a one-off incident. Unlike the other bad boys, Takei does not have a reputation for abusing people. For me, that makes a difference. The incident is still wrong, but unless there is more it is not indicative of an overall pattern.

Still, as I said, to the individual victim it is just as harmful. His story is valid and should be told. But how I feel about Takei after this story is different from Weinstein, Cosby and Spacey.

We are going to hear a lot of this. If we are asking victims to speak out, we are going to hear about a lot of bad behavior. If we lump all the perpetrators into a single morally equivalent group, we will be doing them and ourselves a disservice.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I have always regarded George in high esteem. His voice is automatically recognizable. I remember his appearances in so many tv shows from the 50s & 60s. Perry Mason, Twilight Zone, Death Valley Days to name just 3 shows of the dozens he was in. Star Trek was a ground breaking event and he was a huge part of the diversity Star Trek portrayed to a world in conflict and chaos. I've never had any thing but respect for him.

That's why this story was important to me. I don't want to discount this man's claims about George but it's hard for me to reconcile it with my mental image of George as a man with such an honorable background and reputation.

I also admired Kevin Spacey. I could hardly believe he was a sexual predator but it looks like he is. So I won't dismiss this man's claims about George.

In the words of that great orator "W": " ... fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
...I don't want to discount this man's claims about George but it's hard for me to reconcile it with my mental image of George as a man with such an honorable background and reputation.

I also admired Kevin Spacey. I could hardly believe he was a sexual predator but it looks like he is. So I won't dismiss this man's claims about George...

This is exactly the heart of what I find important here. Absolutely do not discount a victim's claims because they clash with the reputation of the alleged perpetrator. Not with Cosby, not with Spacey, not with Takei.

However, for me, Takei is not in the same moral category as the other abusers. There is a significant difference between one incident and a pattern of incidents. What we have here is one incident. That is bad and needs to be called out.

But a predator is someone who does this over and over. That describes Cosby, Spacey, Wenner, and probably Goddard and Singer. But so far, not George Takei.

Takei did real emotional damage to a young man and there should be consequences for that, but he does not fit the pattern of a predator. Both those things are true.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
topdog
Takei did real emotional damage to a young man and there should be consequences for that, but he does not fit the pattern of a predator. Both those things are true.

We or at least I do not know that.
We're at a point where all it takes is an accusation, and you're ruined. No proof needed, and it's next to impossible to prove that it didn't happen, especially the cases where it allegedly happened decades ago.
Can we now do away with our court system and find everyone guilty of an allegation decades old with no proof of any kind. I will wait to pass judgment until many others come out or least some type of collabarating evidence appears.
Takei may turn out to be guilty and maybe in time that will come out but as of now I think he is owed some due process.

Last edited:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Who needs this schmock like "in dubio pro reo" and "statutes of limitations" anyway? The public and the prison-stakeholders love it because it means money and makes you feel superior.

Last edited:

dysion

Reaction score
He has come out and said that his bits on the Howard Stern show were in bad taste to some but was a caricature display not him being himself. While I don't disbelieve the claims I also don't believe it either. It's been 36 years, its hardly possible for either party to remember all the details so does it truly matter in any regards other than pride.