• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What book do you read recently?

Jase

Reaction score
BJ Alex (The coverart is my avatar).

P.S. The BJ stands for Broadcast Jockey and not blowjob. lol

anarren

Reaction score
Just finished "Cosmos" (Carl Sagan) ... It's as wonderful now as it was then!

biwayne

Reaction score
Killing Johnny Fry: A Sexistential Novel
by Walter Mosley

Jase

Reaction score
24-020519182051.jpeg

A Thousand Cranes
By Jung Seokchan

This one is an awesome, a thriller turned steamy gay romance... :heart:

Craig has been thinking a lot about death lately. Working thirteen-hour shifts to pay off his father’s insurmountable debt, taking care of his little brother in between, exasperated and ready to collapse, Craig can’t help but wonder: would it be easier to end it all? It was just an ordinary day like this when Craig stumbled onto the scene of a bloody murder. Now Craig is on the run, pursued by a criminal organization’s most lethal member: Dean. In the hunt, however, the two soon find themselves chasing anything but death.

Totally recommend this one.

tomcat34

Reaction score
The Day the World Ended: The Mount Pelée Disaster: May 7, 1902 by Gordon Thomas and Max Morgan-Witts

sussen1977

Reaction score
French WWII book

Hello everyone,

I am currently reading a WWII novel.

The book is titled:

HHhH.

What means: Himmlers Hirn heisst Heydrich.

Greetings to you all,

Tom

waplo

Reaction score
Jill Lepore , These Truths, history of the US, with an interesting approach and well written.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
The Joy Of Gay Sex Third Edition

This is available as a free download, thanks and thanks again to defiance0

http://www.gayheaven.org/showpost.php?p=2846487&postcount=1
I first read this as a hand me down first edition, the world has changed a lot since then. It is interesting to compare the old and new versions. Some paragraphs have not changed at all, others are completly changed. I cannot reccomend that anyone read the first edit today, it was written before the gay mens health crisis, in some ways it describes life on another planet, it was a world so different before that bastard virus came along and spoiled everything. The newer edit swings if anything too far the other way, the safe sex advice is so very cautious that some younger readers might think the writer is crying wolf. If you'd lived through what he lived through, you'd be extra cautious too.
The book is presented in an easy to read format, even if you don't like books you will find this a painless way to pick up a few tips and ideas, why not take a look.

larryisreal

I believe!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday I read GENDER QUEER - A Memoir by Maia Kobabe.

E is a very talented cartoonist and I loved every page of this graphic novel.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Just now I'm re-reading Patti Smith's "Just Kids", her 2010 memoir focused on her life with Robert Mapplethorpe.

I bought and read it the first time in 2011, and it's as good now as it was then.

Her deep love for Robert shines through so beautifully - it just such great writing!!!

harry15

Reaction score
Very cliché, but I love smutty gay romance novels. Currently reading The Magpie Lord (fantasy genre) but would also recommend Cut & Run (crime / thriller). Weirdly these kinds of books are mostly written by women.

Rigor100

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am currently reading a WWII novel.

The book is titled:

HHhH.

What means: Himmlers Hirn heisst Heydrich.

Greetings to you all,

Tom

Also on the topic of ww2 I am reading:

The Phoney Victory: The World War II Illusion
by Peter Hitchens (brother of Christopher Hitchens)

waplo

Reaction score
Edmund White, City Boy, his bio covering 60's and 70's in NYC. Love his writings.