• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Songs That Make You Cry

Jamie

The Restless Soul
Reaction score
It`s one song that`s the first one to make me cry when listening to it but it`s in my native language ... and the second one..I know it will sound weird but the song that makes me cry even now or at least it brings tears at the corner of my eyes is:

JonnyFantastico

Super Vip
Reaction score
Wow, Jamie; I had a friend once who used to cry whenever that song came on. It reminded him of his mother that passed... very sad.

I saw a Celine Dion video posted and it brought to mind of another song that brings tears to my eyes by her... it's so beautiful and her voice just blows my mind on this track.

bloop2

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
tlc - unpretty is a beautiful song that's always touched me!

Or..

shania twain - you've got a way ( which ps is going to be my slow wedding song with my hubby. when i find him xD ) HA!

drhbk

Reaction score
the song that make me cry before is that should be me justin bieber i knw thats funny but it touches me sooo well

b0dega

Reaction score
^Omg that is pathetic!!! haha jk sorry i cant stand Justin's Beaver.

chriskrak

Super Vip
Reaction score
My choice of the saddest song I can think of doesn't really fit into this collection of - it seems - sad, romantic songs about tragic love and the like. On the other hand, it comes at a very special time.

Tomorrow will be the 10th anniversary of the sinking of the Russian nuclear submarine Kursk in the Barents sea, in the result of which all 118 sailors on board were killed. The Russian authorities rejected offers of rescue attempts from specialized Norwegian and British teams, arguing that the whole crew had been killed anyway during the initial explosion that caused the sinking. However, when the wreck of the boat was recovered in the following year, hand-written notes and letters were found on the body of Captain Lieutenant Dmitriy Kolesnikov which showed that he had initially survived, and a total of 23 sailors had waited in the dark for the rescuers that never arrived.

Well, you asked for a song that made me cry (and still does so), so here we go... It's by Yuri Shevchuk and the legendary Russian rock group "DDT", and it's called "Капитан Колесников" (Captain Kolesnikov). Below I enclose an English translation of the Russian text (from the Internet, not mine), as well as the Russian original (for those of you who may know some Russian and want to follow the sung words in writing). The Russian text you see at the end of the video clip is a list of the 118 sailors who lost their lives.

Kapitan Kolesnikov

Who will say a few honest words about death?
Sadly, the sailors have no black boxes over which to say them.
The pencil breaks, it's cold and dark.
Captain Kolesnikov is writing us a letter.
The pencil breaks, it's cold and dark.

In the chilling depths only a few of us remain.
Two compartments have exploded, and three others are in flames.
I know there's no getting out alive, but if you believe in me,
You will find my letter in your heart.
I know there's no getting out alive, but if you believe in me,
You will find my letter in your heart.

The Kursk was yanked to the deep like an exploding grave by the blast.
In its farewell the Kursk severed all the cables of our broken veins.
While above the murky water, the ships and seagulls made their way.
On the bottom sleeps our sub, but oh, so far from land.
While above the murky water, the ships and seagulls made their way.
On the bottom sleeps our sub, but oh, so far from land.

Later they'll keep telling all kinds of lies about what happened.
Will the commission tell about how hard it is to die?
Who among us are the same? Who's a hero, who's a loser?
Who among us are the same? Who's a hero, who's a loser?

Капитан Колесников

Кто о смерти скажет нам пару честных слов?
Жаль нет черных ящиков у павших моряков.
Карандаш ломается, холодно, темно.
Капитан Колесников пишет нам письмо.
Карандаш ломается, холодно, темно.

Нас осталось несколько на холодном дне.
Два отсека взорваны, да три еще в огне.
Знаю нет спасения, но если веришь ты,
Ты найдешь письмо мое на своей груди.
Знаю нет спасения, но если веришь ты,
Ты найдешь письмо мое на своей груди.

Курск могилой рваною дернулся за взрыв.
На прощанье разрубил канаты рваных жил.
Над водою пасмурно чайки, корабли.
На земле подлодка спит, но так далеко до земли.
Над водою пасмурно чайки, корабли.
На земле подлодка спит, но так далеко до земли.

После о случившемся долго будут врать.
Расскажет ли комиссия как трудно умирать?
Кто из нас ровесники, кто герой, кто чмо?
Кто из нас ровесники, кто герой, кто чмо?

Last edited:

ERICOOL85

Shadow Treader
Reaction score
it doesnt make me cry, but it gets me all delirious xD, apocaliptica, nothing else matters and hope vol 2

theoneandonly

Reaction score
Dance With My Father Again by Luther Vandross absolutely breaks my heart. Probably because I never really had a great relationship with my father. It gets me everytime.

I love the Celine Dion version as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgLHVi40Gc8

Last edited:

salemish

Reaction score
Concrete Angel by Sarah Mclachlan definitely.

Another one is The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert. I'm not into country, but I can relate so much to that song. It makes me tear up when I watch the video ;-;

JonnyFantastico

Super Vip
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have seen the gay themed movie, "Shelter". If you haven't had the chance to do so, please do (there are links here on the Forum, but I have no idea if they are still active). The love story portrayed in the movie is emotional enough, but the main song of that movie is positively beautiful and heart-breaking at the same time. Just sit back and listen to what the singer, Shane Mack; is saying... we've all been there and it hurts so good... :heart:

JonnyFantastico

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'm actually listening to this for the second time and am trying NOT to cry at the moment. This song brings back a lot of memories; mostly those of my second mother... I remember sitting in her apartment and hearing her play this and watching her sing along.

The song says it all and I truly believe it's one of the more beautiful songs I've ever heard in my life.

JonnyFantastico

Super Vip
Reaction score
I can't believe I haven't shared this one yet... a little background:

I remember sitting in my room watching the 2010 Grammys; a bit bored at the night's performances. There were only two beforehand I thoroughly enjoyed: Lady Gaga's medley of "Poker Face", "Speechless" and "Your Song" (with Elton John) and Beyonce's "If I Were A Boy/You Oughta Know" mix...

... and then, something magical happened.

One of the most underrated artists in music, Pink; was announced. The piano intro kicked in and she walked down a long hall in a beautiful white-hooded dress. For the next 5 minutes and 9 seconds, I stood mesmerized by her voice and actions. The song was beautiful and the performance itself touched me in a way I hadn't felt for a while.

I was moved. Completely, utterly and totally moved.

THIS is what a true artist does. She didn't lip sync one note and to say it was memorable is an understatement. I searched feverishly for the song right after; thinking it was a cover of someone else... before realizing I had it all along on her "Funhouse" CD. Pink managed to do something I had been waiting for: she reaffirmed my love for music and true artistry. I sat alone the next morning and re-watched this performance and cried. I know it seems silly, but music has always been a major part of my life. It has always been there for every emotion I've ever felt and seeing this performance truly was an experience I'll never forget.

This was the night I regained my love of music and I'm forever grateful... but enough of my words. Check out Pink's unbelievable performance of "Glitter In The Air". :heart: x infinity....

Last edited: