• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What makes a man a man?

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Being born with a penis and two testicles.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
The three things are;
The first three inches,
The next three inches,
The final three inches.

But if you want to know what makes a MAN, not merely a man, listen to the heavenly voice of Levi Stubbs; in gorgeous mono.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
If this were Hetro Heaven then the question would be easy to answer.
The three things that make a man are;
Drink a lot beer,
Drive a large SUV,
Carry a powerful rifle.
Men like that wonder why they are involutarily celibate.

The song by The Four Tops that I use to illustrate this topic makes no reference to physical traits of masculinity, the lyrics celebrate strength of character. Peter Tatchell has loads, many men in the news have none. Its what's on the inside that counts.
]
If the answer has to be in three lines, then its
Strength
Of
Character

Mardo

Banned
Reaction score
If this were Hetro Heaven then the question would be easy to answer.
The three things that make a man are;
Drink a lot beer,
Drive a large SUV,
Carry a powerful rifle.
Men like that wonder why they are involutarily celibate.

The song by The Four Tops that I use to illustrate this topic makes no reference to physical traits of masculinity, the lyrics celebrate strength of character. Peter Tatchell has loads, many men in the news have none. Its what's on the inside that counts.
]
If the answer has to be in three lines, then its
Strength
Of
Character

But what makes a man a man, specifically?

Taking the example of a man trapped in a women's body. 'Strength of character' is the ultimate vague statement. So........... what makes a man a man?

Name three things.

What makes the man trapped inside a woman's body a man?

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
But what makes a man a man, specifically?

Taking the example of a man trapped in a women's body. 'Strength of character' is the ultimate vague statement. So........... what makes a man a man?

Name three things.

What makes the man trapped inside a woman's body a man?

But Mardo my friend, why does there have to be any-thing (one or two or three or 29 or 561 doesn't really matter...) we should call "a man"?

I suggest you grab a copy of Ludwig Wittgenstein's "Philosophical Investigations" to start questioning your own questions.

In philosophy as in life, getting the right question is always much more important than getting the answer...

garth33

Super Vip
Reaction score
I say testosterone! :p

I think you're onto something...having a rock hard cock is an inspiration!

to me a man takes the lead, protects the innocent, and f*cks the SHIT out of anyone within reach:blushing:

hey nobodys perfect...

peace
g

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
And those men who are pure bottom, they are real men too?

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score

What makes you think that a pure bottom is NOT a real man? I would be very interested for your detailed opinion!:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
2/3 ain't bad.

Courage yes and honor yes. But compassion I would be more inclined to put in the female column.

And here again the question from me: why a man cannot have compassion? Without compassion you are a person without empathy. Is it your opinion too that crying would be more inclined in the female column? Is it your opinion that crying really is unmanly?

Let me tell you: I love every man who can show his feelings because he is a human beeing and not a machine. And compassion is an essential element which should be common to all mankind. p:p

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
And here again the question from me: why a man cannot have compassion? Without compassion you are a person without empathy. Is it your opinion too that crying would be more inclined in the female column? Is it your opinion that crying really is unmanly?

Let me tell you: I love every man who can show his feelings because he is a human beeing and not a machine. And compassion is an essential element which should be common to all mankind. p:p

I'm totally with you on compassion!!! I'd even say that without compassion you really can't understand the point of either honor nor courage.

But first the most basic: compassion is a human feeling, not an either male or female feeling. I'm pretty fed up with all this dichotomous axgrinding. "Is it male or female to need water to drink? Neither - it's fuckin' human and something we share with other animals..."

If you're utterly without the ability to relate emotionally to other humans you're like a single satellite in outer space - and neither courage nor honor have any meaning for satellites beyond the Milky Way.

DBOL777

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think what he meant by compassion is an understand and consideration for the feelings and concerns of others...On our forum sometimes members have difficulty in choosing the correct English words to express their thoughts since English is not the primary language used by a great number of our members...and often there could be big misunderstandings due to this...which is something the staff must deal with all the time...compassion is not simply a physical reaction to something...it includes understanding, patience, and consideration for all...

Rigor100

Reaction score

We are dealing here with descriptors and it is a fact that some are more likely to apply if you are a woman versus if you are a man. The sexes are of course different in so many ways.

How else to explain the transgender, being trapped in the wrong body.

Women for example are more nurturing. Men more combative. Some men will be nurturing, sure. And some women combative. But I garan-fucking-tee you that if a war broke out tomorrow where you live, and the tanks rolled in, 99% of girls would hide in the basement, clutching the children and tending the physical needs of the elderly. 1% would grab a gun. Along with the 99% of men who would grab guns and charge onto the bloody battle field. 1% of men would be passavists. And they are brave and unique in their own way too.

The exception might me the woman who finds her young are threatened. There even the soldier must watch out. She will lunge at him with a kitchen knife, or claw his eyes out.

But, at the end of the day, one is 99% and the other 1%. You cannot ignore such strong patterns all through the layers of nature.

As for you, with your vibrant words, you would charge at any enemy I am sure. And man or woman in your aspects, we would be pleased to have you on our side. But 99% is still 99%. Nature wins out.

Rigor100

Reaction score
I'm totally with you on compassion!!! I'd even say that without compassion you really can't understand the point of either honor nor courage.

But first the most basic: compassion is a human feeling, not an either male or female feeling. I'm pretty fed up with all this dichotomous axgrinding. "Is it male or female to need water to drink? Neither - it's fuckin' human and something we share with other animals..."

If you're utterly without the ability to relate emotionally to other humans you're like a single satellite in outer space - and neither courage nor honor have any meaning for satellites beyond the Milky Way.

Well of course 'water to drink' is the same for all. Even the donkey.

No one is saying the sexes must be different in all things. Just some things, most of the time.

Is is obvious and natural. :) We do not want to become the would-be re-engineers of the communist era wanting to re-design humanity. We must accept reality.