• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What makes a man a man?

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Brilliant, kendo, brilliant.
The right singer, the right song, at precisely the right time.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Marc was not a drag artist but he had friends who were, from whom he found material for songwriting.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
This thread has a clear "chicken or egg" problem. You can name traits that are common in men. But these traits do not define men. The traits do not make one a man. They just often occur in men. For example, many men can grow a beard. That is common. However, they are not men because they can grow a beard.

I am a man. Whatever traits I have are the traits of a man because I am a man and I posses these attributes. I define the traits - not the other way around.

Some men wear trousers and some men wear dresses. Some men are aggressive and some men are passive. Some men are caring and some men are inconsiderate. Men are all these things.

As you meet more men in more places with different outlooks and life styles you realize how wide and varied the world is. What is the point of trying to fit this magnificent spectrum into a narrow pinhole of just three attributes? I say, go the other direction - open the aperture wide and see how much variety there is out there.

Just for illustration is here Tony winner and Emmy nominee Billy Porter at last year's Academy Awards.

billy-porter-oscars-2019-gown-red-carpet.png

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Billy Porter is an excellent example of what a man is.
Howabout this fella though?

Cardinal Raymond Burke is one of the worst homophobes on the planet. He has devoted his long career to the promotion of hate towards the likes of you and me. If only it stopped there. His tireless work on the cause of preventing the use of condoms by those who need them most has helped to spread HIV to millions in poorer countries, where treatment is limited, and so most of them died.
There are a number of words to describe a creature like this.
Not man. To be called a man is an honour that he does not deserve.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Ah yes this captures the transition. But when s/he is post-op then she is fully woman. But then of course there is no comparison with men left.....

Billy Porter is not s/he - Billy is a man. That is the point.

Dazbacca

Reaction score
Ah yes this captures the transition. But when s/he is post-op then she is fully woman. But then of course there is no comparison with men left.....

Transitional yes, but more so the transvestite. A homosexual transvestite. Though, the bulk of transvestites are heterosexual.

We have had such oddities since ancient times. In Egypt, the eunuchs were culturally, and indeed economically, very powerful, some were even made into GODS!

I don't bat an eyelid. The 'great revolution' of now is a stale repeat of the past. Nothing really changes. Gimmicks only, as civilisations begin to fade. But such and such a person will worship a gimmick without realizing they do so. They will use all kinds of fancy words and clothing and materialism to do so.

Last edited: