• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Matthew Shepard 11th Anniversary

I

iFairylicious

This coming Monday marks the anniversary of the sad death of Matthew Shepard. I feel like I need to do a personal vigil or something. If you don't know who Matthew Shepard was a gay man who was gay bashed to death and now many anti-hate crime bills are now based because of this. Sadness yet good comes from this. At least now more anti-hate crime awareness is around!

Last edited:
G

glamfunk84

It's a shame anybody would kill anybody regardless of what it was. Just sad. Matthew seemed like a good responsible young man. And I heard his boyfriend was black. So he was very tolerant it seems. REMEMBER MATTHEW!

I

iFairylicious

His mom was on Ellen yesterday and I was seriously close to sobbing! That is just so sad. I have been verbally based before but never have seen the extremes that he went through in person. I have been bashed to his state in dreams but not physically in person. That is just scary! I feel so bad for his family but now they are fighting for more rights for us! :)

Last edited:
G

goejavin

It is amazing its been 11 years. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Not only was the act dispicable but the reaction and support for the killers from many on the far right, including clergy, politicians and god-fearing people, all hypocrits was equally discpicable. Just like Reagan and his republican cronies allowed millions affected with aids to die in the '80's so did Bush and his cronies ignore the cries of so many and allow the hate to continue.
Well, with the Matthew Shepard as the backdrop and after numerous attempts since his murder, the House has finally passed (still with republican opposition) the first expansion of the Hates Crime Bill since it was enacted after Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968. If passed, which it will, it will now be a federal offense for crimes based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. It eases restrictions on federally protected activities. It will allow the Federal Government to step in when a State is unwilling or unable to follow through on a purported hate crime...and god knows theres many States that are unwilling.
So, while sad, we thank you Matthew and your family for making a difference for so many.

X

XMan101

I can't really add to this but I hope some final good comes out of a tragic act. It often takes something like this to get things moving, however slowly.

Hate crimes are very much something not allowed over here in the UK.

I

iFairylicious

I just read the bill is going through final approvals and Obama is supposed to sign it soon! :)

I

iFairylicious

I want to go on his website and read the literature about the organization his mom and others have started. Did a little bit last night and was interesting. They have wrist bands like the "Livestrong" ones but his are purple.

H

hammervice

wow i do recall that it was a shame & it still is thanks for posting about it to keep it all in your minds.

Reaction score
I'm so sad I can't believe the hate that some people have for something that someone is and going to be. Will I'm not going to just stand for this and let them win (the includes the Family of Pastor Phillips)... Xp to them

I

iFairylicious

Yes I just love how Fred Phelps is from Kansas.....*pukes* His funeral will probably even be protested itself! lol

I

iFairylicious

Moment of Silence

Remember to take a moment of silence to remember Matthew Shepard today.

Last edited:
I

iFairylicious

What movies or books have you read about him?

Last edited:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
We will Glamberous..and hopefully Obama will sign the Bill ..so at least it won't have been a death in vain.

I

iFairylicious

Thanks dear and I hope so too! Clinton got us in some messes here and now after all this time it will finally be worked out along with new things!

I

iFairylicious

I couldn't sleep too well last night kept thinking of that stuff. Seriously its just plain scary how he was left like that.

G

glamfunk84

Yeah that was terrible what happened to him. He definitely didn't deserve it.