• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Uganda Proposes Death Penalty For Gays!!!

puako_alam

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
We are so thankful we don't live in Uganda!!!

Politicians in Uganda have proposed a bill regulating the death penalty for gay Ugandans who are infected with HIV and the imprisonment of homosexuals!!!

The bill also says members of society who are friends and family of/associate with homosexual Ugandans could face the same jail sentence!

So, so disgusting!

Isn't it 2009????

The bill states anyone who "aids, abets, counsels or procures another to engage of acts of homosexuality" could face up to seven years in prison, while any member of society with "religious, political, economic or social authority" who doesn't "report" a gay Ugandan could go to jail for three years!

The most disturbing section of the bill would regulate a death sentence for "active homosexuals living with HIV or in the cases of same-sex rape" and life in prison for people "convicted of a homosexual act."

The bill came about after a number of preachy conservative Christians visited Uganda and informed the Ugandans that homosexuality could be "cured" with therapy!

Oh, really????

"In the beginning, when the missionaries brought religion, they said they were bringing love," said Ugandan gay activist, David Cato. "Instead they brought hate, through homophobia."

And on the homophobic side of the argument…

School teacher David Kisambria told reporters he believes the influence of the Western world has turned their kids gay!

"The youths in secondary schools copy everything from the Western world and America," said Kisambria. "A good number of students have been converted into gays. We hear there are groups of people given money by some gay organizations in developed countries to recruit youth into gay activities."

It's like a secret gay society!

…Except not.

Protests against the bill by gay-rights activists in New York and Washington have already taken place, while a protest in London is scheduled for this Thursday.

Let your voice be heard!!!

X

XMan101

Again it's religion being used to spread hate and intollerance and keep the people down!

G

goejavin

Its hard to even comment on that one...I dont know much about Uganda but if I'm not mistaken the West supports their government...WTF? And if thats the case, how can we send them a dime? Well, humanitarian gay issues are clearly not more important than occupying a country that will never thrive (at least in my lifetime) and is harboring less than 100 al-queda members. Oh well. crazy shit.

newage

Super Vip
Reaction score
it will prolly take years before anything significant is changed...in my home country it is illegal to be gay and even worse if seen committing homosexual acts, one can be beatened to death and the police wouldn't give a rats ass. Furthermore, rape cases occur frequently in all boys boarding schools, but since the act is deemed deplorable, they are rarely reported and even those reported go unnoticed..rather they are tucked under the carpet! When will africa learN???!!???

Blasebunny86

Reaction score
1 word: sad... simply sad to see such laws in our time.
this law is not only homophobic, it spreads a false impression about aids as well: old story named "aids is a gay-disease", totally bullshit and in countries such as uganda it is even more dangerous. X(

ERICOOL85

Shadow Treader
Reaction score
omg
i have no words
just feel sad and wanna cry about it
its just soooo i dunoooo....
:( :( :(

garth33

Super Vip
Reaction score
We are so thankful we don't live in Uganda!!!

okay but was there ever ANY TIME you wanted to live in Uganda? It's a dirt poor, dictator-laden, backwards country in AFRICA...apparently just trying make headlines. IGNORE THEM!!!

We can make much more headway fighting for legislation in western democracies than complaining about autocratic declarations in sh*tholes like Uganda...we need to fight on ground where we can win buddies! Pick your battles and knuckle up where you think you can win! Then start throwin';)

Peace (through minimal violence;))
g33

Last edited:

RUSS

Reaction score
uganda

1 word: sad... simply sad to see such laws in our time.
this law is not only homophobic, it spreads a false impression about aids as well: old story named "aids is a gay-disease", totally bullshit and in countries such as uganda it is even more dangerous. X(

More oppresion from the land of IDI( I EAT MY PEOPLE) AMIN Will the people of Uganda ever be free?

Winger

Reaction score
okay but was there ever ANY TIME you wanted to live in Uganda? It's a dirt poor, dictator-laden, backwards country in AFRICA...apparently just trying make headlines. IGNORE THEM!!!

We can make much more headway fighting for legislation in western democracies than complaining about autocratic declarations in sh*tholes like Uganda...we need to fight on ground where we can win buddies! Pick your battles and knuckle up where you think you can win! Then start throwin';)

Peace (through minimal violence;))
g33

Uganda is actually not a particularly good example of the kind of African country you are describing. There are far worse places, and Uganda has made some significant improvements in recent years. It's easy to generalize about Uganda (or the entire continent of Africa), but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

The reality is that homophobia is miles away from even being addressed in many developing countries. A couple years ago I lived and worked in one. It was one of the most progressive and successful countries in Africa, with a commendable human rights record (not only in not committing abuses but in preventing and prosecuting ones that happen), but homosexuality is simply not accepted there and it's not on the agenda of those human rights groups.

Don't get me wrong, what has happened in Uganda is disgusting and I am in no way making excuses for it, but unfortunately homophobia in Africa is simply going to take some time. It's not like similar laws are unheard of in history, Uganda is simply in a time and place where such prejudice and scapegoating still has some traction. Pick your battles may be the right approach for us, but I really don't think generalizing about Uganda and Ugandans, and insinuating something about an entire continent, is the right approach either.