• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

zortek's maxximum tuneage

zortek

An Obvious Enigma
Reaction score
ok ... a little thread (*) dedicated to some of my favourite tunes from the electronic realm, and from bands that walk the line between electronic and rock musics.

there'll be no wannabe popstars masquerading as dj's, and no cheap cheesy remixes here, but hopefully some tunes and artists that will prick your hears and invoke body movements of the second best kind :)

hope you join me on the journey, hope you enjoy :)

... and please ... always play loud ... of course

( * - the question is .... am i actually capable of running a 'little' thread? .. )

Last edited:

zortek

An Obvious Enigma
Reaction score
oliver koletzki - iyewaye

my tune of the year from 2015 ... classic berlin tech ... so much depth, beautiful production, such spacious trance inducing grooves ... and a very subtle floor filler .. once they know it, they keep coming back for the journey

zortek

An Obvious Enigma
Reaction score
modestep

a couple of tracks form my most played album of 2015. melodies and harmonies evocative of classic 70s rock and plenty of guitar smash into wild electronic breaks .. these two tracks are very similar structurally, but i love them both ... the album (london road) is a lot more varied ... and definitely worth checking out

machines

seams

Last edited:

zortek

An Obvious Enigma
Reaction score
today's post will differ from my usual practise of one artist per post, and will concentrate on a more 'thematic' association instead.

i suppose you could call both these tracks ambient, or maybe dark ambient ...

for me i imagine both tracks as a soundtrack for intergalactic travel ... in a huge spaceship travelling the untold distance between galaxies, the pulsing power counterpointed by the deep vibration of engines, each complementing and counterpointing the other. (yeah, ok, i may well have an overactive imagination)

at the very least they are both cathartic pieces... things of dark beauty, especially played through 30 000 watts... and a fantastic, imposing statement of intent at the beginning of a set

amon tobin - dark jovian

hybrid - polaris

more on both these acts later in the thread ... both are real favourites

Last edited:

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
ok ... a little thread (*) dedicated to some of my favourite tunes from the electronic realm, and from bands that walk the line between electronic and rock musics.

there'll be no wannabe popstars masquerading as dj's, and no cheap cheesy remixes here, but hopefully some tunes and artists that will prick your hears and invoke body movements of the second best kind :)

hope you join me on the journey, hope you enjoy :)

... and please ... always play loud ... of course

( * - the question is .... am i actually capable of running a 'little' thread? .. )

I guess that my capability of running short threads is about as lousy as yours ... but as they say in church: "- Your sins will be forgiven!" :D:D:D

zortek

An Obvious Enigma
Reaction score
lakker

a few pieces from my favourite album of 2015 - tundra by lakker
(i may have played modestep more, but i listened to lakker more deeply)
they are a duo from ireland, beyond that i know very little.

if you can imagine the music that a cyborg arvo part would create, you are probably close. spiritual vocal samples, noise, delicate melodies, massive drums all combine to create an otherworldly ambience. would be great on the spaceship .. lol

milch

mountain divide

three songs

zortek

An Obvious Enigma
Reaction score
thomas schumacher & victor ruiz

thomas schumacher is a longtime favourite of mine, both as a producer and dj. these tracks are from a recent collab with ruiz. satellite is great coming out of iyewaye from post 2

satellite

apollo

zortek

An Obvious Enigma
Reaction score
leftfield

a longtime favourite act as well, and responsible for the greatest electronic dance album ever ... but more of the history in a later post.

last year one of the guys resurrected the name, and made an album that was pretty good, but only a shadow of past greatness. for me the best dancefloor track associated with the album is actually the legowelt remix of the comeback single ... quite an achievement considering i have always dismissed legowelt as lightweight, trite and predictable. :eek:

universal everything (legowelt remix)

hhindd

Reaction score
Love that sparse Apollo track, it transports me!

zortek

An Obvious Enigma
Reaction score
robot koch

have to admit to not knowing much about this guy, i only became aware of him through last year's excellent 'Tsuki' mini album, and the following 'Hypermoment' album. his sounds are almost ambient, almost chill ... but with a deep latent urgency that compels movement. the first two tracks here are from tsuki, the third from hypermoment ... and for me, care is a fantastic example of abstract, almost ambient video married to music

nightdrive (ft schwarzmodul)

let me (ft curtain blue & born in flamez)

care (ft julien marchal)

zortek

An Obvious Enigma
Reaction score
sam paganini

rave - this track is a couple of years old now, but still gets a spin regularly. at first it sounds as if its going to be cheesy eurotrance, but at about a minute in it reveals itself to be a much deeper creature.