• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

British Soap Star Blames Stress of Playing Gay

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
British Soap Star Blames Stress of Playing Gay Character for Sexual Assaults on Four Women

25652024c09d142d05ce03da7c2a65d50b4d0b35.jpg

Langley on right

His lawyer told the hearing: ‘Something happened that night, most possibly in relation to the character he was playing.’

It is understood his comments refer to the stress Langley felt being a straight man playing a gay character…

Passing sentence the judge told him: ‘On that evening your conduct was quite disgraceful and degrading. Both of the victims would have been extremely shocked and upset as a result of your conduct.

‘The fact that you were heavily intoxicated is not mitigation, it is a further aggravating feature.’

The judge said the convictions mean Langley will probably not work in the TV industry again.

The court heard Langley was “clearly intoxicated” when his first victim went upstairs to collect their coats from the cloakroom.

“As she walked back towards the stairs,” prosecutor Karen Saffman said, “Mr Langley grabbed her in the crotch area over her dress.”

“He grabbed me. Properly grabbed me. It was a rough grab. Lots of pressure… even though it was through a dress and tights.”

When the victim went to go to the restroom she was approached by another woman who had also been sexually assaulted by Langley. Saffman said the second woman told the first victim Langley had groped her “boobs and her bum.”

A statement issued by Langley read:

“I sincerely apologise to the people involved and affected by my disgraceful behaviour on the evening of 30th September. I have absolutely no memory of what happened because of excessive alcohol consumption and it was for this reason that I behaved completely out of character. However, I take full responsibility for my actions that night. Since this incident I have been dealing with, and confronting, some personal issues that I have never addressed, and I am also getting help for an alcohol problem, so that this does not ever happen again.”

His lawyer Simon Hancock, told the court:

“Clearly, this is an isolated incident, something that happened on that evening. It is alcohol fuelled. The court could see it in isolation, rather than a serial predatory groper. The issue being, this is clearly a man who has alcohol issues, his behaviour clearly crosses a barrier where he touches females. He did not target these females, and he did not fuel them with alcohol.”

Hancock added that his client is now unemployed and may have difficulty finding work in the industry again.

Last edited:

jeansGuyOZ

Smartarse from Down Under
Reaction score
Sounds like acting is not the profession for him. the thing about acting is that, by definition, it is pretending to be something you are not, and projecting that to the audience. Professional actors get paid to do that, just as a bus driver gets paid to drive a bus. If you find driving a large vehicle to be highly stressful, you'd be well advised not to apply for a job as a bus driver.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Sounds like acting is not the profession for him. the thing about acting is that, by definition, it is pretending to be something you are not, and projecting that to the audience. Professional actors get paid to do that, just as a bus driver gets paid to drive a bus. If you find driving a large vehicle to be highly stressful, you'd be well advised not to apply for a job as a bus driver.

You're right, acting is not the job for him He should be in politics...

#grab them by the pussy

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
He was in doctor who for two episodes, a short time companion.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Bruno Langley has a great lawyer. No jail time - just fines and community service plus house arrest.

I don't think his problem was acting. It was having to live with all the negative consequences of people thinking that you are gay, without any of the perks (like getting to have sex with men :thumbs up:). This is really homophobia stress, some of it internalized.

Anyway, he won't have to worry about acting for a good long while. The Coronation Street cast hates him and he's written out of the show. I doubt anyone will be anxious to hire him on another show.

prickles

Reaction score
Sounds like excuses to me.

"I'm not responsible for my own actions because... I was drunk... and my boss makes me do my job. Yeah, that sounds like a judge will believe that, doesn't it?"

Habukaz

Reaction score
Well that's a good argument against straight guys playing gay characters then. On another UK soap Emmerdale the actor who plays Aaron used to be very uncomfortable with kissing men and the production team yielded to him. He still quit.

Whenever these straight actors become too stressed out by gay roles they quit. It's happened in so many shows. Some characters barely get through the coming out story before they leave.

Langley fully knew what he was getting into. He had left the show. The character was already gay. When he came back for another stint he knew he'd play a gay character again.

jeansGuyOZ

Smartarse from Down Under
Reaction score
Well that's a good argument against straight guys playing gay characters then. On another UK soap Emmerdale the actor who plays Aaron used to be very uncomfortable with kissing men and the production team yielded to him. He still quit.
That's fine. He felt uncomfortable in the role, so he quit and let someone else do it. That's better than going and feeling up a woman afterwards to prove his masculinity.

As for straight guys playing gay characters, I have no problem with that per se. Tom Hanks did OK in Streets of Philadelphia, and Heath Ledger did OK in Brokeback Mountain. Sometimes I think those guys, if they bring the right attitude to the role in the first place, come away with a better appreciation of the kind of things gays have to deal with.

fkboy1

Reaction score
Don't know nothing about this fella or the work he does but me thinks this is another closet case who wanted to prove his heterosexuality! Maybe playing gay actually aroused something in him and he got scared of it and went on a pussy-grabbing spree!! Anything is possible!!

gregsanison

Reaction score
I am surprised Bruno has the audacity to say he can act! LOL

mikk33

Reaction score
Langley's problem is assaulting women in an unprovoked way.
How convenient of him to blame 'playing gay for pay' roles for his misogyny.