• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Pride movie

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
This should really be in movies but I can't navigate there so here is where it has to go.

When this film becomes available you must see it, really you must.
This is how it was, it's a lesson in recent history.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'm totally sure I'll see this movie!!! Thanks for the info, dargelos!!!

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Thank you Dargelos for the hint to this film. I've just googled and learned that PRIDE will start in Germany on October 30, 2014. And sure I will see it. Once more thank you

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score

Spot the difference.
In the original pic the banner can be seen saying 'lesbians and gays support the miners'
On the box cover for the US home video release the slogan has been shopped out.
Mark Ashton has been moved out of centre so the eye point is now Big Ben.
The blurb, where it used to say 'lesbian and gay', now has been changed to say 'London based'.

In the era of Noel Coward, people would whisper 'they say you are, err, a bit you know, musical...'
Are we now going to say 'I've heard you are, err, like, London based...'

Well, I know for a fact that I'm not the only London based person in our community...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Two comments 1) Dargelos I love your wit !!!!!!!

2) Americans....:(:duh:

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
A straight colleague in work pointed me at this American disgrace - he was disgusted.

I think the movie distributors don't give Americans enough credit. They're not helping themselves, the movie, or anyone by trying to hide the nature of the movie in its publicity.

jeansGuyOZ

Smartarse from Down Under
Reaction score
The movie is being heavily advertised localy but the advertising says nothing about the gay activism which is essential to the story, hope nobody walks out in protest.
That has been a major criticism leveled at whoever is responsible for the advertising. "A group of London based avtivists who support the miners." They were gay activists, actually, so why not say so? Apart from the issue of sweeping "gay" under the carpet, it seems to me the whole point of the movie was the support given to one group by another when the stereotyped view would be that those groups have little in common and might normally even be expected to be antagonistic towards one another.

It's a bit like if you were describing the movie Titanic, and didn't bother to mention there was an iceberg involved at a certain point.