• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classical music [Youtube Clips]

loretta

Reaction score
change of mind

when i was younger i could not hear wagner at all, but now i start to fall in love with his music

one of the most wonderful choruses

and this:

most dramatic peace of music

princessbea

Reaction score
used to listed to complete etudes of chopin as a kid which inspired me to play the piano. am a non professional pianist but been playing mozart, bach and liszt these days. dreaming to play fantasie impromptu c sharp minor of chopin and the italian concerto of bach

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Yes, Peter123, it is. :)

I was really stunned when I saw today that even I Musici (The former "Kings of cheese" or "Serious Rondo Veneziano" ;) ) now perform "historically informed". They've stopped publishing new records in 1999 and went thinking behind closed doors for seven years before they came up with new stuff.

I commented and congratulated to the vid but I don't think it'll be up to read there because I wrote still prefer Il giardino armonico. ;)

Last edited:

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
I wanted to present two youtube finds of mine, two fantastic ensembles.

Ensemble Pygmalion

This is going to be bought. I already have two recordings, but this soooooooo marvellous. It's very fast but I've got two slow versions already. ;)

Purcell Quartet

Same here... It's very nice to have it the Rifkin-way (soloists instead of choir) and the voices are very characterful.

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
A sweet little musical joke

I'm very delighted to share this little treasure of Eduard Strauss.

He is usually the most unknown of the famous Strauss-Dynasty but composed so beautiful little pieces, such as the following little joke about the cell-phone :)

And as you will see, Mariss Jansons is gladly willing to play this little joke with finally smiling overall :D

Enjoy :heart:

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
Here is another beautiful little treasure and also a funny piece
of Johann Strauss named "Im Krapfenwaldl".

You will know what the piece is about when you hear it ;)

There are a few flying "friends" appearing within the piece

and Georges Pretre is so charming and having fun in there all the time :D

T

Tom

Can't remember if this has already been posted, but well worth posting again anyway. One of my favourite pieces of music!

Always been a great fan of Verdi!!

Not seen one of his operas I didn't like.

T

Tom

Don't know if this has been shared yet.
From the Opera Sampson et Dalila by Camille Saint-Saens

Last edited:
T

Tom

Franz Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody #15 Rakoczy March
By Vladimir Horowitz

Last edited:

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been shared yet.
From the Opera Sampson et Dalila by Camille Saint-Saens

In case of James Levine I heard fantastic news on radio because he could recover from his really severe health issues (he had several surgeries on his back)

Mister Levine said that he will be BACK on STAGE when the next season at the MET starts :thumbs up:

And for the sake of the Wagner and Verdi anniversaries which come to us in 2013 this will be wonderful to know that James Levine will be back and realizing some wonderful projects :heart:

@Tom - thanks for sharing this beautiful piece!

reasek1

Super Vip
Reaction score

Something different which I think is quite impressive... I would try something like this at home but I would not have enough glasses and with no musical talent... best not to.:p What this guy is able to do is in a word amazing!:thumbs up:

zlxking86

Reaction score
I would suggest Mozart's Gran Partita. Amazing piece of music

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
The Adiago is famous from "Amadeus", it's merged with the last movement there.

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score
The Year gets slowly to its end and I regularly get already in mood for the light
little pieces which are to be heard every 1st of January in the famous New
Years Concert in Vienna.

In 2013, Franz Welser-Moest will lead the Viennese musicians again and he'll
hopefully do this with the same delicacy as he did in 2011 where I want to
share a few things from time to time.

For today I want to share this really vivid piece of Joseph Hellmesberger
called "Gypsy Dance" which I feel is such a wonderful alternation to the
of course appreciated Waltzes and Polkas.

Enjoy :)