• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Let's Talk About Phones

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
In the past we've had threads about individual phones, announcements, issues, etc. I'm creating this as a central discussion for all things mobile - phones, tablets, watches, fitness trackers, etc..

But I also have a selfish motive. I am going to need a new mobile phone before long. Now that Windows Phone is no longer being developed by Microsoft, I need to find out what other people are using and what they like / don't like and want to have. So please share your experience.

• What phone do you use? (Add a picture if you can - what does your home screen look like?)
  • What phone would you like to get? Are waiting for? Interested in?
  • What are your most used apps? Let us know so we can use them too!

Last edited:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Here is my primary phone - Microsoft (actually Nokia) Lumia 950. I love it, but... the screen is cracked, the back cover needs to be replaced, my bank no longer has a WM app for the phone, and developers are slowly abandoning other apps leaving them without support / updates.

Lumia950_375.jpg

On the positive side it's camera is the equal of the current Apple, Samsung, and Google flagships. Nokia was always ahead of the curve in camera technology. And it is very secure - constantly updated by Microsoft. That's quite the opposite of the situation most Android phones find themselves in where updates are left to the whims of the manufacturers and carriers. And then what hacker would waste their time trying to hijack Windows Phones? There are so few of us out there it would hardly be worth the effort.

But the bottom line is its app functionality is only going to degrade, and a new screen and back cover would mean sinking another $150 into a good phone on a dying platform. I'm thinking it may be better to putting that money towards a new phone in a different system.

You can find past discussion of the Windows Mobile pros and cons here.

So what are you using and / or what would you like to get?

Last edited:

Eshton

Reaction score
i use Galaxy 7 and quite happy with it.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
255396457edce6f6db533b7208568288c431d620.jpg

ZTE Max X comes with Nougat 7.1 price 99 dollars
display 6-inch 1920 x 1080 LCD
Cameras (Rear/Front) 13-MP / 5-MP
Battery Life (Hrs:Mins) 11:53
One of the Max XL’s most appealing features is its big 6-inch screen. At 560 nits, its peak brightness is far brighter than such similarly priced phones as the Blu R1 Plus (364 nits). And because the Max XL’s screen features a full-HD resolution, instead of the 1280 x 720 display on Blu R1 Plus, pictures and videos look much sharper, too.
Around back, the Max XL's fingerprint button is a nice touch. It's easy to reach, works fast every time,
I've had it for a month and really like it.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
I like it a lot. I am sure it doesn't do near as much as the real expensive phones but it suits my needs. I had A Motorola e that only had kit kat on it for years so this was a big step up for me. I searched a long time to find the best price for a phone with no contract.

luvmuslmen

Banned
Reaction score
I a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, which I liked, but since I use an iMac computer, it's difficult for me to download my music, pictures, etc. Even though I've downloaded the software that it said I need, I still can't do that. Since my phone is older (they're out with the Note 8), it doesn't have the latest OS and that's starting to be a problem. I'll probably go with an iPhone next time. One thing good about the Note phones is that you can write on the, with a smart stylus, but with an iPhone, I'll be getting much better functionality between it and my computer. Sorry about no pic. It's just too difficult to upload. I'm providing a stock photo in white, just like mine.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
I a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, which I liked, but since I use an iMac computer, it's difficult for me to download my music, pictures, etc. ...]

Yeah, the Note 3 was revolutionary with the stylus and super big screeen.

Of course the iPhone works seamlessly with the Mac computers. But to get a Note size screen on an iPhone Plus is very expensive.

Does anyone else use an Android phone with a Mac computer? Is the experience better with newer phones or are there apps that make it better?

luvmuslmen

Banned
Reaction score
You're right, of course, but since I still can't download my music or upload my pictures to my computer, I've reached the point where I want to have the two work together. Plus, I've always preferred the ease of use of my Mac to that of a PC, even thought I know that Windows has gotten a lot better (I've tried it), I still prefer my Mac. So, I would rather switch phones than computers. Also, one of the features that I picked the Note for, was that I could switch out the battery if it went bad, or was run down and I could just pop in my spare. But, because Samsung is now making its phones water resistant, you can no longer remove the back.

I also like the facial recognition feature of the iPhone X, but I don't know if I want to pay the additional price for that feature. It also has enhanced reality, a new technology, but I'm not really a video game player, so that feature isn't that important to me (although it's supposed to have other applications, as well). It may be to you.

Last edited:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well, here are your choices in big iPhones (US prices):

iPhone X 64 GB - $1000
iPhone 8 Plus 64 GB - 800
iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB - $770

All of them are considerably smaller than your Note 3 - though the iPhone X has a slightly larger screen. There is a cheaper iPhone 7 Plus with only 32 GB of memory, but that is pretty meager for someone who uses their phone for music (since the iPhone doesn't allow expandable memory).

They are expensive, but that is somewhat balanced out by the fact that the iPhone holds its value. If you try it and decide a few months later that it isn't for you, you can sell it for almost the same price you paid for it.

If you want to splurge on the iPhone X you may have to wait. Reports are that there are severe shortages due to the front screen being wrapped around the facial recognition sensor. If you want one then get on your computer at 12:01 a.m. PDT on October 27 and try to be first in line.

Update: Check out the following article if you want an iPhone X
Want to score an iPhone X? Here are the best preorder tips - Here's how to avoid getting on the backorder list. - CNET

Last edited:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
...I searched a long time to find the best price for a phone with no contract.

Pre-paid or no-contract plans are the hidden money saver that many in the USA aren't even aware of. I think a lot of people are paying $100+ a month to a carrier and don't know that they could be paying $50/month for similar or even exactly the same service.

How does it work in other countries? Do you have to sign contracts for a year or two that lock you in with penalties for leaving early? Do you pre-pay a monthly fee, or do they charge you after the fact for the services you use?

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
How does it work in other countries? Do you have to sign contracts for a year or two that lock you in with penalties for leaving early? Do you pre-pay a monthly fee, or do they charge you after the fact for the services you use?

I can tell you how does it wok for my mobile operator: Si.mobil - Vodafone, since April 2016 known as A1 Slovenia (A1 Telekom Austria).

You have to sign a two-year contract. If you cancel before the contract term is up, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. For instance, if you signed up to an 24 - month contract and want to cancel in the fifth month, you might have to pay 19 months' worth of fees.

The most popular cell phone plan is called ''free'' (svobodni). The price of your plan depends on the amount of data you need to transfer. For example, the cheapest cell phone plan: 19,99 € a month, full LTE speed, unlimited talk and text, 20 GB data inside Slovenia and EU.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Since January 2016 I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Since January 2016 I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge

Beautiful phone! That phone really changed the marketplace. Now everyone tries to put out a bezel-less phone for their flagship, at least.

I can tell you how does it wok for my mobile operator: Si.mobil - Vodafone, since April 2016 known as A1 Slovenia (A1 Telekom Austria). You have to sign a two-year contract...

Interesting! Very much like the traditional post-paid plan in the US (although you get a lot more data - 20GB!) I assume the early termination fee is because they are letting you buy a phone at a discount when you sign your contract?

LoveAlwaysAC

Reaction score
I would recommend iPhones. It seems like there is always lots of more apps, features, and content that is made/suited for iphones than android.

Not to mention the android updates tend to complicate the features that they do have.

Im not complaining, but as someone with an Android device i wouldnt recommend them.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
I would recommend iPhones. It seems like there is always lots of more apps, features, and content that is made/suited for iphones than android. Not to mention the android updates tend to complicate the features that they do have...

The updates have become a serious flaw for Android phones. Apple and Microsoft both own their ecosystems so they can push out updates as necessary.

But unless you have a Pixel, Google has nothing directly to do with your phone. Updates have to come from Samsung, Motorola, HTC, LG, or whoever made your phone. And even then - often the carriers have locked the phones, so an update goes from, say, Samsung to Verizon and then Verizon has to push it out to you. And if your phone is two years old, why should Verizon care? They probably no longer sell your model and would rather have you buy a new phone anyway.

Consequently many Android phones are being used without the latest security updates. Or, to put it another way, people are walking around with easily hacked devices in their pockets. That nice man sitting across from you at the coffee shop that you think is checking out job listings may actually be downloading the contacts and list of apps on your 2014 Moto X.

If you want up-to-date security, Google and Motorola have the best reputation for keeping phones patched in a timely fashion. Samsung used to be terrible, but have done better in the past couple of years.

However, be aware that two years is pretty much the limit for updates. If your phone can't run the latest version of Android then it's days as a secure device are numbered. If your phone is on Android 6 (Marshmallow) or older, you probably are not getting any security updates at all at this point. It may be time to jump ahead to a newer phone.

Android_Version_Usage.jpg

Notice that only about 45% of all Android phones are on the latest version of the OS (Marshmallow or Nougat) and the rest all in a no-mans-land running Lollipop (5.0) or older. (As of August 2017)

iPhones (and Windows Phones) have a longer life because Apple and Microsoft don't have to wade through changes made by manufacturers and carriers. You can easily keep their phones secure for around four years or more.

Last edited:

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
OK, time to be the stupid youngster of the crowd. lol. I also have a Samsung Note 3. I use it for taking notes with the stylus since its easier than carrying around a notepad and pen, I use it for taking pictures, and downloading music and stuff. Here is the catch, I only use it on WIFI. I got tired of how much a data plan cost with the phone, not having enough data, and having an outrageous phone bill. My phone bill should not rival my rent bill! So for actually calling people I have a basic Samsung Gusto 3 flip phone. Yep, a flip phone. Yes, my friends ask me "what is that" when I pull it out. I've never been big on texting even when I was a teen and mom and dad were paying the phone bill. Since I've started paying for it, I've cut back a little. It was a challenge to get used to in the beginning since I did usually use a few apps when I was out and about that I couldn't use anymore. But hey, people survived without being attached to their phones before, I'm just trying to prove that it can still be done!

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
... So for actually calling people I have a basic Samsung Gusto 3 flip phone. Yep, a flip phone. ...

No need to apologize for the feature phone. Actually they are really chic right now. Stars have been showing up on the red carpet carrying classic Nokia slider and Razr flip phones.

Here's something you may be interested in.

Nokia's new 3310 has been available in Europe for a couple of months, and will come to the US next week. In the US they work on 3G data networks (if you have a data plan, that is).

I don't know what country you are in, but there are discount smartphone plans out there. My Verizon pre-paid plan is $40/month for unlimited talk/messages and 3GB of data.