• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Ty Herndon Rocks Country Music World By Coming Out

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
tyherndon.jpg

Country star Ty Herndon’s music career took off in the mid-’90s when his hit song “What Mattered Most” put him squarely on the charts. Five years ago, Ty decided that what really matters most to him these days is sharing his story. In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, he revealed that he is gay and is in a committed relationship with a man.

Asked if either of his ex-wives are aware of his sexuality, he responded that they “absolutely knew.”

The 51-year-old singer also told People that he’s struggled with his true self since he was 10 years old, and that there were early signs his family picked up on.

“I was 10, sitting in church and horrified that I might be a homosexual. Whatever that word meant, I knew that I probably was one,” Herndon remembered. “And I know there’s a lot of those kids still out there. Telling my story is an opportunity to help just one of them.”

Ty’s path has not been without its bumps in the road. In 1995 he was charged with exposing himself to a police officer (the charge was later dropped in a plea bargain), and drug abuse played a role in his life as he attempted to live a lie.

“I have made a lot of mistakes in my life. They’ve been my mistakes, and I own them,” Herndon told People. “I’ve done a lot of work around forgiveness with people that I’ve hurt and people I’ve not been honest with because of my sexuality.”

He and his longtime partner Matt plan to one day start a family together, and Ty remains committed to his music career, though he is unsure of how his large fan base will react.

“[Being gay] is just an addendum. I’m a gay man, and I’m looking forward to living the rest of my life authentically and happy,” he said, adding, “I’m still the same person. Fans just know a little more about me now.”

Urban

Donator
Reaction score
stonecold, where did this come from? I'm just wondering why this was just put out recently if he came out 5 years ago.

Kizmaaz

Reaction score
Wasn't he caught masturbating back in the 90's and denied being gay at that time?

grant12

Reaction score
I am glad he came out because I didn't know of him until now and he has some great songs from the 90s. Also Billy Gilman come out the same day after getting inspired and he has a pretty good song that was released this year but I would like a version that was about him and a guy not a girl.