• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

KMPlayer update - possible malware

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
So I recently got a prompt to update my KMPlayer and so clicked on the button, it being what I considered to be a trustworthy site. I then found I had also downloaded something called KMPFaster, which ate into my CPU usage bigtime according to Task Manager so I uninstalled it. I then ran a scan with Malawarebytes it found 93 items of malware. Looking on some of the techie forums it looks like this KMFaster is causing some people problems and they also warned about the malware included with the player upgrade.

I'm not sure if there was a check-box to include/exclude KMFaster and all these other PUP/malware but if you upgrade be careful what you permit on your PC.

R

Ralph69

I had the same problem, I removed Kmplayer from my pc, thanks!

lukeguystalker

Reaction score
I uninstalled KMP also. Too many crashes, and upgrades or reinstalls include malware (which AVG catches). Now using VLC.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I've never used the KMPlayer, so I don't know about it's merits & disadvantages. My default choice is VLC player which I've found very reliable & handling almost any file. I also use the MediaPlayer Classic, mostly for making thumbnails and screencaps.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Bundling unwated software into free products is sadly becoming a popular business model. Among the biggest culprits for this are the formerly trustworthy SourceForge open source site. If you can at all avoid it, never download anything from SourceForge, and if you must, look VERY carefully at all the tick boxes in the installer - the installer may well be trying to trick you. You may even have to go into advanced mode to un-tick the evil tick boxes.

VLC plays just about everything, and is reputable.

The OS X player I used to love started bundling malware too recently, so, I deleted it, donated $20 to VLC, and emaild the receipt to the gobshite who made the player I used to like to tell him it could have been his if he had not become a dick.

Ironically, if you like quality safe free software, you should donate to the projects making it if you can.

B.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Similarly I used to use FreeMake to convert DVD to mp4 but after I had to do a full factory reset on the laptop I found that when I went to get a new download of FreeMake it now came with Opencandy - another bundle of unwanted PUP's; adware; pop-ups etc so declined.

btw - Does anyone know of a free & easy to use DVD to mp4 converter?

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
'Format Factory' can convert anything into anything else and it has given me no problems. You do, as always, have to be alert to untick the useless bonus downloads.

Thanks - I'll check it out

Jamoo

super dip c(?c?)?
Reaction score
media converting tools

dvdvideosoft(dot)com

you can load each tool separatly or the all in one app

DVDFab is also a good one, but no freeware...

havocs

Reaction score
VLC has a converter in it, under Media then Convert/Save. Ive never used it to convert a DVD but Ive used it to convert clips to mp3.

name_1

Streamer
Reaction score
I didn't have a good experience with KMPlayer either. There were multiple detections despite unchecking the check boxes for extra 'add-ons'.

I remember downloading and using it because of the screencaps function that it had. I haven't tried in quite sometime, but I recall that at that time, no other software had such a convenient function of generating and saving screencaps so quickly. Hmm, maybe it was recommended in the forum's help centre? :thinking:

Anyway, yes! I agree to the previous posts, use VLC, skip KMPlayer since it seems to be more trouble than it is worth. (Unless you want to make screencaps:p and I am not mistaken that this program indeed makes things very easy)