• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Alabama Republican Party: God Will Destroy America Over Same-Sex Marri

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Alabama GOP chairman Bill Armistead, posting on their official site.

"I have just returned from a week in Israel where I visited many holy sites from both the Old and New Testament. I walked where Jesus walked in Galilee, Nazareth, Jerusalem and other sites. I stood where Abraham stood at the gate at the City of Dan, the northern most city of the kingdom of Israel, where he rescued his nephew Lot. Scripture comes alive more than ever as you come to realize much of what you see of God’s chosen land is what was seen by Jesus and those who lived in Biblical times, like Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. It also solidifies the permanency of the teachings of the Scriptures.

"God’s word never changes. What He proclaimed thousands of years ago as truth is still truth in the eyes of true believers. So how is it that God’s truth can be turned on its head as the debate now rages in Alabama regarding the meaning of marriage? The answer is that we, as a society, have become our own god. We have made God in our image. But, God will not be mocked. The State of Alabama and the United States of America will reap God’s wrath if we embrace and condone things that are abhorrent to God, such as redefining marriage as anything other than a union between one man and one woman." - Alabama GOP chairman Bill Armistead, posting on their official site.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Which bible has this guy been reading? One man + one woman? Hello? The marriages in the bible were polygamous not monogamous.

The Ten Commandments don't say nuthin' 'bout "One man + one woman = marriage". It does say a lot about adultery, idol worship, stealing, swearing and honoring etc.

These buffoons have some big fucking balls to tempt diving wrath by twisting shit to fit their own agendas. So many things in the bible about treating your fellow man with love and generosity. So many things about not judging others - leave the judging to the boss.

What is it about Alabama? Do they have some kind of death wish mentality? Why is it always the last place to take a step forward?

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how privileged pricks can so utterly misinterpret a message of love.

Anyone still think there is no difference between Republicans and Democrats? THIS is official Republican policy. This guy is not at the fringe, this is NORMAL in the Republican party.

Sure - many Democrats are dick heads, but they are a million miles away from this kind of dangerous medieval thinking. Regardless of their many flaws, the Democratic party does not claim to speak for God.

B.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about the Democrats gb. Here in the Deep South this kind of rhetoric is a tool-of-the-trade for Democrats as well as Republicans.

The 'Bible Belt' politicians use the same 'divide and conquer' strategy no matter which political tent they sleep under/with.

It's not so much a Rep/Dem thing as it is a campaign tactic. Hate seems to sell politicians like sex sells everything else.

Look for code words like 'family', 'Christian', 'faith' 'traditional' and 'life style', 'choice', 'non-traditional' etc. Politicians of both denominations use them to separate Gays from themselves.

They talk out of both sides of their mouth if you are familiar with that expression.

But this prick is one of those who don't mince words. There's a lot of Rep/Dems just like him. In a way I respect these bullies more than the sneaky pricks who try to straddle the fence to get votes. At least they don't hide behind a curtain while they pull strings.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I could start my usual rant on the crazyness of USA of today, but this is just sad and scary... I think the American model of freedom of religion (= religion's freedom from the federal state) should be dumped, and the good old French model (= the nation's freedom from religion/i.e. freedom from Christian churches) resurrected.

Remember that in the early 1960s, "God had decided" that the races mustn't be mixed, which was manifested in Anti-Miscegenation laws in all but 2-3 states, and of course this explicitly racist interpretation of OT was the fundamental reason why racial integration in schools was so baaaaad.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Here in Texas democrats of that ilk are all but gone, they are almost all Republican because around these parts this type of Christian dooesn't believe you can be a Democrat and a Christian.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some statistics on population in Texas from the US Census:
  • Population, 2014 estimate - 26,956,958
  • White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2013 - 44.0%
  • Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2013 (b) - 38.4%
  • Black or African American alone, percent, 2013 (a) - 12.4%
  • Asian alone, percent, 2013 (a) - 4.3%
  • American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent, 2013 (a) - 1.0%
SOURCE

The 2 largest groups, Whites & Hispanics, seem to favor Republican candidates and policies.

The same statistics for Alabama:

• Population, 2014 estimate - 4,849,377
  • White alone, percent, 2013 (a) - 69.8%
  • Black or African American alone, percent, 2013 (a) - 26.6%
  • Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2013 (b) - 4.1%
  • Asian alone, percent, 2013 (a) - 1.3%
  • American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent, 2013 (a) - 0.7%
SOURCE

In the South (even though Texas isn't always considered part of the Deep South, that is to say the Old South) I think Whites and Hispanics identify as Republicans while Blacks identify as Democrats. Gays are more likely Democrat than Republican.

As far as religious affiliations go I think Hispanics are to the greatest extent Catholic. Whites and Blacks are more likely Protestants and Evangelicals.

The Vatican is strongly anti-Gay. Of that there is no doubt. Some Protestants denominations are accepting of Gays and support Gay Marriage and Gay Rights in general. Evangelicals are very anti-Gay. Of that there is no doubt.

The major city near where I live is predominately Black and the suburbs are Black. The local governments are a mix but mostly Black. The politicians are mostly Black. Democrats occupy most political offices locally. The atmosphere here is not even close to a move toward Gay Marriage equality or Gay Equality Rights in general. The state will never willingly change the laws. It will only happen by a Supreme Court decree. There isn't even any discussion of civil rights protections for Gays. It's never in the news. But there is plenty of religious stories in the news.

There is a long way to go before things change. A long way to go.

Last edited:

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Texas Hispanics are decidedly Democratic in their political party preferences, 46% to 27%, but that 19-percentage-point Democratic advantage is much smaller in Texas than the average 30-point gap Democrats enjoy among the Hispanic population in the other 49 states. And white Texas residents are decidedly more Republican (61%) than the average among whites residing in other states (48%), complicating whether Texas will turn into a "blue" Democratic state in future elections.
source
Code:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/167339/texan-hispanics-tilt-democratic-state-likely-stay-red.aspx

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about the Democrats gb. Here in the Deep South this kind of rhetoric is a tool-of-the-trade for Democrats as well as Republicans.

But it's not part of the Democratic platform. It's not official party policy.

The 'Bible Belt' politicians use the same 'divide and conquer' strategy no matter which political tent they sleep under/with.

But there is still a difference - in the Republic party those nuts are main-stream, in the Democratic party they are side-lined on the fringe.

It's not so much a Rep/Dem thing as it is a campaign tactic. Hate seems to sell politicians like sex sells everything else.

Look for code words like 'family', 'Christian', 'faith' 'traditional' and 'life style', 'choice', 'non-traditional' etc. Politicians of both denominations use them to separate Gays from themselves.

They talk out of both sides of their mouth if you are familiar with that expression.

I am, and it is indeed true of most politicians everywhere.

However, you should never ever judge a politician or a party by what they say, judge them by what they DO. What laws do they pass or try to pass.

When you look at the actual bills the Republicans try to pass, and the actual bills Democrats try to pass, you'll see that Democrats, at least at a national level, are trying to pass bills like ENDA to protect from discrimination, and Republicans are trying to pass bills to remove protections or protect those who discriminate.

It's a mistake to assume they are both the same. As I always like to say, the lesser of two evils is still less evil!

But this prick is one of those who don't mince words. There's a lot of Rep/Dems just like him. In a way I respect these bullies more than the sneaky pricks who try to straddle the fence to get votes. At least they don't hide behind a curtain while they pull strings.

Agreed - at least this kind of honest nutjob is easy to spot :)

B.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
As I said before. I have not voted for a Republican since Tricky Dick in '72. I vote for Democratic tickets. I did vote for an Independent once. Take a guess who it was. He promised to 'raise the hood and take a hard look at what is wrong in Washington, DC". He was an eccentric billionaire who took no public funds for his campaign. He was the butt of so many jokes. But he was not beholding to either political denomination nor lobbyists. He was just a funny little man. I knew he would not be elected but I hoped enough people would vote for him to get the attention of the sleazy, lying lawyers who run the country at the behest of the 1%, corporations, Wall Street, banks and the Federal Reserve.

I remember watching Larry King Live that night. I cheered out loud, lol. Some may think my vote was wasted but I made a statement that year... 1992. Unfortunately he self-destructed when chose Stockdale for his running mate. I remember those VP debates. Stockdale looked confused and lost. His opening remark was "Who am I? and why am I here?" Dana Carvey's spoof on SNL was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on SNL.

I think all politicians are crooks. It is part and parcel of the job.

I would vote for Bill Gates or Elon Musk for President if they should run... but they are too smart for that, lol

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
As I said before. I have not voted for a Republican since Tricky Dick in '72. I vote for Democratic tickets. I did vote for an Independent once. Take a guess who it was. He promised to 'raise the hood and take a hard look at what is wrong in Washington, DC". He was an eccentric billionaire who took no public funds for his campaign. He was the butt of so many jokes. But he was not beholding to either political denomination nor lobbyists. He was just a funny little man. I knew he would not be elected but I hoped enough people would vote for him to get the attention of the sleazy, lying lawyers who run the country at the behest of the 1%, corporations, Wall Street, banks and the Federal Reserve.

I remember watching Larry King Live that night. I cheered out loud, lol. Some may think my vote was wasted but I made a statement that year... 1992. Unfortunately he self-destructed when chose Stockdale for his running mate. I remember those VP debates. Stockdale looked confused and lost. His opening remark was "Who am I? and why am I here?" Dana Carvey's spoof on SNL was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on SNL.

I think all politicians are crooks. It is part and parcel of the job.

I would vote for Bill Gates or Elon Musk for President if they should run... but they are too smart for that, lol

Ah - good old Ross Perot - those were the days :)

Your Perot anecdote hits at a fundamental problem with US democracy. Why do you have so few parties? Because you have a first-past-the-post system which actively discourages anyone from voting for less likely candidates. It's a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy - Perot could never win, because people believed he could never win.

In Ireland we have lots of parties, because we have a single-transferable-vote system. If the US had an Irish-style system you would have ranked the candidates on your ballot for Perot, and as candidates are eliminated during the count, your vote would transfer to your second or third choice as needed.

When I got to vote here I can rank the candidates in order of preference. I put a 1 in the box next to my first choice, a 2 next to my second choice, and so on until there is no one else on the ballot, or no one else I want my vote to ever go to.

What that means is that I always vote independent first, then green, then labour, then centre-right, then stop.

Because voting for independents does not effectively void your vote, independents often actually win here!

Somewhat of a tangent I know, but I really believe that how you run your elections REALLY matters. They don't just have to be free and fair, they also have to accurately capture the wishes of the electorate, and IMO the US system passes the former, but fails the latter.

B.

fkboy1

Reaction score
Well.....what can one expect from a State whose police officers recently brutally assaulted an innocent 57 year old grandfather who came from India to visit his son and grandson, which left him semi-paralysed!!