• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Popular Broadway Songs [Youtbe Clips]

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Jim Steinman RIP

Taking a moment to remember the great Jim Steinman. He began writing for the theater, and then brought that sensibility to rock & roll where he really found success. Later in his career he came back to the theater to write lyrics for Andrew Lloyd Webber's Whistle Down the Wind.

Back in 2015 the night club 54 Below did a night dedicated to Broadway stars saluting Celine Dion, and Jeremy Jordan took on the Steinman opus "It's All Coming Back to me Now". This video has been viewed nearly 9 million times as I write this.

Last edited:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Evita

Happy Birthday Patti LuPone!

Patti LuPone turned 71 yesterday. Here is a little song from Evita - her breakout role.

In 1996 she tool over the role of Maria Callas in Terrence McNally's play Master Class.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
The Producers

Through the 80s and 90s musicals became serious - Les Miserables, Passion, Rent. Mel Brooks brought back comedy in a huge way in 2001 with The Producers.

Here are some excerpts of original stars Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick hamming it up.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Cats

Happy Birthday Barbra Streisand

Barbra celebrated her 79th birthday this past weekend. This is a track from her 1981 compilation album, Memories. Most of the album was previous recordings, but this was a new track produced and arranged for her by Andrew Lloyd Webber shortly after the show Cats opened in London.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
A Little Night Music

You know Rene Elise Goldsberry from Hamilton. Here she is doing Stephen Sondheim's "The Miller's Son" from A Little Night Music.

Last edited:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Rent

Leslie Odom put this song on his album last year, and I think it is stunning. From Rent - "Without You".

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Dear Evan Hansen

Out of the shadows
The morning is breaking
And all is new, all is new
It's filling up the empty
And suddenly I see that
All is new, all is new

You are not alone

That quote from Dear Evan Hansen seems particularly apt today because yesterday we got both the first trailer for the film (due out this September), and an announcement that the stage show will return to Broadway, London and it's US tour by the end of the year.

The movie stars original Evan, Ben Platt, and his castmate Ryan Colton playing Connor. Ryan was the original standby for Evan, Jared and Connor and went on to play each role many times.

It sounds like this video is narrated by Jordon Fischer - who had just started his run as Evan on Broadway when everything shut down. Hopefully that means Jordan will be back in the part in December.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Moulin Rouge! The Musical

The 76th Tony Awards (originally scheduled for June of 2020) will be presented on September 26 2021. Here is one of the nominated shows - Moulin Rouge! The Musical.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Carousel

We have made the transition from “The Lusty Month of May” to “June is Bustin’ Out All Over”.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Les Miserables

One of the new Broadway stars of the last decade is Ramin Karimloo - a beautiful Iranian-Canadian man with a beautiful voice. He has played both the Phantom and Raoul in The Phantom of the Opera in London, and originated the role of the Phantom in the sequel, Love Never Dies. He was Enjolras in the 25th Anniversary concert of Les Miserables, and in 2014 made his Broadway debut playing Jean Valjean in the revival. This clip is from an appearance promoting Les Miz.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
In the Heights

In the Heights opens today in the US. It is the film adaption of Lin-Manuel Miranda's first Tony-winning musical about his neighborhood - Washington Heights, the northern tip of New York City. It stars Anthony Ramos in the part Lin-Manuel played on Broadway (though Lin makes a cameo appearance).

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Falsettos

It’s Pride Month, so how about a gay love song? I am not exaggerating when I say that seeing Michael Rupert sing this in bed with a naked Stephen Bogardus changed my world. I had never seen one man sing a love song to another on stage before. Hearing it realigned something in my heart and said “You are OK; you will be loved”. (And I was!) :heart:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Sweet Charity

I just ran across this gem from the old Ed Sullivan TV show - Gwen Verdon doing "If My Friends Could See Me Now" from Sweet Charity. It's interesting if you have seen the movie how the choreography is almost identical which really shows off what a great dancer Verdon was - even here when she was over 40.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Whistle Down the Wind

The Andrew Lloyd Webber / Jim Steinman musical Whistle Down the Wind didn't make much of a splash, but Boyzone took this song and turned it in to a #1 single on the UK charts in 1998.

The song for me is touched with sadness due to the tragic loss of Stephen Gately in 2008. Stephen came out as gay in 1999 before the tabloids could out him. This was a time when being gay was seen as something that would kill a career - both for a singer and the whole band. But, that isn't what happened. Stephen was embraced by fans and Boyzone went on to score more #1 hits and headline The Prince's Trust live benefit concert that year. Three years later he married his husband, an IT executive.

Sadly, Stephen passed away unexpectedly from an undiagnosed heart condition. Before that he had made a new career for himself starring London musicals, including Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score

The best production of Mame I ever saw was at Papermill Playhouse in 1999 with Christine Ebersole. There was rumor that it would transfer to Broadway, but that never happened. There hasn't been a revival of Mame on Broadway since Angela Lansbury - and after the success of Bette Midler's Hello, Dolly! people have got to be thinking about a new one.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Sweeney Todd

Imelda Stauton and Michael Ball do the first act finale, "A Little Priest", from Sweeney Todd.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Dear Evan Hansen

Ben Platt appeared on America's Got Talent this week to perform "You Will Be Found" from DEH. The movie opens in the US on September 24.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Jane Powell

Jane Powell RIP

Jane Powell was known for her sparkling soprano voice in MGM musicals like Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Royal Wedding. After her career at MGM she turned to the stage, leading touring companies of My Fair Lady and The Sound of Music. She also toured in comedies like Same Time, Next Year and Neil Simon's Chapter Two.

I saw her last in the Stephen Sondheim musical Bounce (later retitled Road Show). In her later years she was a frequent guest on Turner Classic Movies and performed with the jazz group Pink Martini.

Jane was one of the last surviving stars of Hollywood's Golden Age. Here is classic clip from Judy Garland's TV show in 1963. Judy and Jane Powell are joined by Ray Bolger in a song that was cut from The Wizard of Oz - "The Jitterbug".

Last edited:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Wicked

Broadway Reopens - Wicked

"It's good to see me, isn't it?"

Wicked reopened on Broadway last week (along with several other shows). Kristen Chenowith came out before the show to welcome the audience back. An audience member filmed this, and the opening of the show with iconic entrance of Glinda (Ginna Claire Mason). She struggled to get the line out - the audience was cheering for so long.