• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

puting cat outside

W

wardell

does it make me as bad person for wanting to put my cat outside. I would still feed her and give her water and bring her in in bad or cold weather. but I can not live with her inside any more she stopped using the cat box and now does it everywhere. she has been to the doc and all is fine, she will just not use it. nothing has changed it's all the same but now my flat smells so bad no matter how hard a clean. I don't want to give her away or anything like that but she can not stay in ~X(. Does it make me a bad person if I put her out. and any of you had this problem with a cat

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Before you do that I highly recommend you google "My Cat From Hell" and check out the teachings of the king of all Cat Gurus - Jackson Galaxy. You should look up episodes of his show "My Cat From Hell" that discuss why your cat isn't using her litter box. You will be astonished at his insight and expertise. He seems to mind-meld with cats and to know what they need to be happy. You will find out more than you ever thought you would know about cats.

They are amazing creatures and offer so much more than just companionship.

Please don't put her "outside" until you've done some research on the problem with Jackson Galaxy. Please.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
It is usually some change that one may not notice and seems of no consequence but is a major change for the cat, do you change the box every day? Set up a quiet room for the cat to do his business in, a room that is quiet and out of main traffic areas. I had a cat that refused to use an expensive litter that had changed some chemical in the mix, if you use the high dollar stuff try the plain old fashioned clay litter. Putting the cat outdoors would be a last resort and would depend on where you live. I have some rescue cats that have lived outdoors for years and do extremely well but they have lived together for years and watch out for each other. I also have a chain link as well as a wood privacy fence all around my property and provide many ways for them to get up high quickly if a wild animal comes around. I also have thick golden bamboo over most of my property which also provides security for them.

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score
My cat doesn't like, nor do I, litters with a scent. I also scoop the box 1-2 times a day and change it regularly, about 10 days. It's one cat and he's older. When I change it, I always wash with vinegar -- it neutralizes the urine and feces -- and he's less prone to marking around the house. If he's mad at me for some reason, though, he will sometimes pee on the comforter or poop in the tub.

Some good ideas from others here, especially "My Cat From Hell" -- he knows. Check the box placement. Try to keep a schedule and schedule playtime into it. It could be many things.

You'll also need to clean the house where kitty's been peeing. Check out Drs. Foster & Smith online. They have a great assortment of products just for that. Their prices are reasonable and service is excellent.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
My oldest male siamese cat Dobie 17 yrs old who is the alpha cat in our house can sometimes get very jealous if I spend to much time with another cat or if he feels another cat gets more turkey breast at treat time. Dobie when he gets really upset with me will also poop on my comforter He has me trained well as it happens no more then maybe three times a year. My cats also hate the high dollar scented cat litter as I do also and with so many cats it is a good thing.

taurus2904 thanks for the tip on vinegar I will give that a try as of now I just use power house each time to clean box.

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score
taurus2904 thanks for the tip on vinegar I will give that a try as of now I just use power house each time to clean box.

I use 1 to 1 1/2 cups of white vinegar, about the same amount of hot water, and a squirt of dishwashing liquid. Soak, scrub, and rinse well with hot water -- then dry with paper towels.

White vinegar is a couple of dollars for a gallon jug. I use it to clean all over the house. It's a natural anti-bacterial and leaves no scent when it dries/is rinsed. It's also great for cutting kitchen grease!

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
I swear by organic apple Cider Vinegar with mother for our health as well as for the cats, I also buy regular white vinegar by the gallon for cleaning windows so I am going to give this a try. I have been using lysol cleaner for general cleaning but will give white vinegar a try since you stated it is also antibacterial. Thanks again.

W

wardell

I swear by organic apple Cider Vinegar with mother for our health as well as for the cats, I also buy regular white vinegar by the gallon for cleaning windows so I am going to give this a try. I have been using lysol cleaner for general cleaning but will give white vinegar a try since you stated it is also antibacterial. Thanks again.

what is mother?

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (like Bragg's) also contains "mother," strands of proteins, enzymes and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky, cobweb-like appearance

Apple Cider Vinegar has been highly regarded throughout history. In 400 B.C. the great Hippocrates, Father of Medicine, used it for its amazing health qualities.

garth33

Super Vip
Reaction score
I have neighbors who have let their cats run around the neighborhood. One disappeared after a few months and another was scraped off the road in front of my house the other day by animal control after being run over...that's the danger I guess. I prefer dogs.

peace,
g