• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

RPG for PS4 Suggestions

havocs

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am in the market for a RPG to play, I am hearing good things about Nier Automata, anyone has any other suggestions? I was also thinking Tales of Berseria as I have enjoyed the other 'Tales' games. Sometimes I wait until a game is out for a bit and then pick it up on sale.

havocs

Reaction score
I ended up getting Final Fantasy 15, it was half off. We'll see how it is....

yummycola

Reaction score
I think anything in the Tales series is always good. If you haven't picked up Persona 5, I suggest that if you are interested in turned-based games. I'm personally awaiting for the Star Ocean: The Last Hope HD Remaster. If you didn't play that during the last generation, It comes out on the 28th and it should be 10% off for two weeks on the PSN store after release if you are a PS Plus Member.

havocs

Reaction score
So far FFXV isnt bad, it's good for the way I play. Normally I dont have a lot of time during the week, I might log in and do a side quest or two. I am still getting a hang on the combat, the camera can be a pain at times. I don't dodge enough.

saManWikus

Reaction score
Well, where to begin ...
Witcher 3.
Skyrim.
Dragon Age Inquisition.
Persona 5.
Dragon's Dogma.
Those are the top one that comes to mind.

If you are a fan of Disney and have time, Kingdom Hearts HD collections are worth every penny.

Habukaz

Reaction score
I will never understand why gay and bisexual men will love, adore and recommend Witcher games. These games are massive popular among the herd of straight gamers. Witcher 2 was very homophobic. Witcher 3 less so but still it's explicitly made by heterosexual men for heterosexual men with lots of naked women the players can fuck.

Persona 5 isn't without issues either. It has pervy gay men harassing the player.

havocs

Reaction score
Well, where to begin ...
Witcher 3.
Skyrim.
Dragon Age Inquisition.
Persona 5.
Dragon's Dogma.
Those are the top one that comes to mind.

If you are a fan of Disney and have time, Kingdom Hearts HD collections are worth every penny.

Thanks for the suggestions;
I have Witcher 3, havent beaten it, will one day, my interest comes and goes with it
Dragon Age - have it on PS3 and enjoyed it
Persona - was never a fan of the series, tried to get into it but.....eehhh
Dragon's Dogma - i had this on PS3 and my save got corrupt and it pissed me off and i have never picked it up again!! :angry: I know they re-released it on PS4, if the price drops i may pick it up again.....maybe.....
Kingdom Hearts - Ive tried it, its was fun and a bit too kiddy for me, looks like a great story though; maybe Ill look for the complete story on youtube

havocs

Reaction score
I will never understand why gay and bisexual men will love, adore and recommend Witcher games. These games are massive popular among the herd of straight gamers. Witcher 2 was very homophobic. Witcher 3 less so but still it's explicitly made by heterosexual men for heterosexual men with lots of naked women the players can fuck.

Persona 5 isn't without issues either. It has pervy gay men harassing the player.

I havent played Witcher 2, only 3 so I can't speak on it. There are various elements to a game, the open world is usually what I like as I can roam around and do side quests to kill time. The fact that the game was made with a hetero character that has sex with women doesnt bother me. Unless a game has a character that can go either way based on the decisions the player makes (like in dragon age or skyrim) most of they are hetero. I usually dont let it bother me unless the game tries to prove a point about homosexuality.

Habukaz, do you have any recommendations for games that have a positive view of homosexuality?

Habukaz

Reaction score
Gay content is generally found mostly on PC, where indie developers can self-publish easily without being vetted by Sony or Nintendo. I'm afraid the gay pickings for PS4 are very slim indeed.

I think you are aware of Dragon Age Inquisition. Stardew Valley is one of those PC indie games that has been ported to PS4. It's a Harvest Moon style farming sim with some combat and crafting. There are skills to be leveled up. You probably at least heard of it. All bachelors are available for male and female player characters. So in the sense that they are treated equal it's positive. Instead of getting pregnant gay couples can adopt children.

The Technomancer is of those janky games between big publisher AAA and small indie. You play as the titular Technomancer Zach and you can have a relationship with a fellow Technomancer called Andrew.

Gameplay is a lock-on, mostly melee dodge/block, strike action type, though I mostly just stood back to spam electric Technomancer powers. I've played the original version which was a bit difficult at the beginning, then got easier as I progressed, but become bullet sponge hard towards the end. It's since been patched of course. It's not a game for everyone.

For world, story and characters it's like a scaled down Mass Effect or Dragon Age but before the new open world generation. It's an extremely rare case of two fully animated guys making out in a game. You can't play a female character so this relationship is strictly gay, not a gender-neutral one designed to fit males and females. Id's say in terms of positive portrayals of homosexuality it's a standout.

There are just a few other PS4 games with gay content, like Fallout 4. You start the game in a straight marriage and the main quest sends you to go looking for your son. Male characters can have relationships with male followers but those also mention stuff like dead wives, never dead husbands. It's very much by grace of the developers, who were nice enough to allow gay stuff, but they didn't really care too much about it.

Plus the game is not a RPG anymore. It really has turned into a dull shooter. Dialog options are very limited thanks to a voice acted player character who cut into the voice acting budget so much for no real benefit. Skills no longer exist. Fallout New Vegas had perks that not just allow special heterosexual dialog options, but another perk that let you be effectively gay. Fallout 4 has only the heterosexual versions again.
It's a complete disregard of the vision of the gay original creator of Fallout, who values player choice and exploring the morality of a postapocalyptic world over just shooting everything. I think it's a bad game in itself and homosexuality is very much a step backwards from Fallout: New Vegas which had multiple gay character in it's huge cast, one of them was even a follower. None of that is in Fallout 4. But that's just my opinion.

Mass Effect Andromeda is another game with gay relationships, but it too is not a good game. It's horrendously incomplete after a rushed 18 months development when the original plans for producerally generated planets finally had to be axed after years of trying to make it work.

Relationships were also cut down in the rush. As per usual straight guys still got 3 big and 2 small options. Straight women and lesbian got a bit less and gay guys were left with 2 tiny options.
It's filled with bugs and glitches. The worlds are not small, but big and empty. What is there is busy work.

Gameplay is almost as good as Mass Effect 3. For me personally it's slightly worse because you are only allowed to map 3 powers at the same time. You can switch to different, customizable sets of powers, but then everything goes on cooldown before you can use it, and cooldowns never go so far down as in Mass Effect 3.

The Last of Us was remastered for PS4. One of the side characters is gay. He is often described as this guy who manages to survive alone against the zombies. I've seen people gay and straight praise him for not being in your face gay. What I see is that him being gay is only implied, it's very much possible to fly over players heads unless they're paying attention and he's also a loner living outside of society, he has mental health issues. I wouldn't necessariy count his as a positive portrayal of homosexuality so much as a nuanced or neutral portrayal but of course plenty of people disagree.

As for the game itself it makes for a good movie but gameplay is your bog standard 3rd person stealth action shooter with perfectly acceptable Naughty Dog polish. The linear story where you don't have any control is the real strength.

Masquerada Songs and Shadows is another indie that has been released for PS4. I know it has a gay follower. As I recall his story was about being struck from history for not producing children. Player character is straight, no gay relationship for him. It was made in Singapore, which of course is homophobic, authorities there tried to shut the game down and ban it. I ultimately never played very far because it's very linear and some basic RPG features were missing in my opinion.

I've heard Horizon Zero Dawn has a very small side quest about a gay widower. I haven't played it.

The Sims 4 has same-sex marriage as usual.

I know Mafia 3 had a gay bad guy who is killed by the player character. Needless to say there is no gay good guy.

There is probably more for PS4 but that's all I know and can think of right now. Like I said gay content is mostly on PC.

Last edited:

havocs

Reaction score
That is a very through reply, thanks Habukaz! :big hug:

I dont play games on PC, only PS4. I have always been appreciative to game developers that offer gay relationships and gay characters in them (and I dont mean stereotypical characters). And you are correct, developers may not get funding if they have gay themes or characters in it. It really means a lot to be able to have game characters that we can relate to, I feel that way about gay characters as well as non-white characters.

I was never a fan of Fallout games, I am not a shooter at all and wont play a shooting game unless it is really entertaining (Uncharted). Oddly, I do like Infamous (not a traditional shooter yet it is..) and I did like Just Cause 3; similar gameplay with regards to blowing stuff up like Infamous.

Gasp X_X, you just ruined Mafia 3 for me!! :p

havocs

Reaction score
I could never get into the Persona games, not sure why......everyone seems to like them though......

mr_marvelous

Reaction score
Playing Dragon Quest 11 now. Story is kinda blah and shallow but the battles are enjoyably difficult and with a good amount of exploration.

mr_marvelous

Reaction score
Elden Ring is the move now. Its hard af and has a huge world to explore to get killed in over and over and over again:) :(