• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Where LGBT Americans Live...

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Surveys of 374,000 adults give us the clearest picture yet of where LGBT Americans live
VOX dot com | by German Lopez | March 20, 2015, 2:30 p.m. EDT

Demographic researchers have long been working to map the geographic spread of America's LGBT population. But analyses have been difficult to conduct since the US Census, the most comprehensive source of demographic data in the country, doesn't ask people questions about their sexual orientation or whether they're transgender.

A new analysis by Gallup, based on surveys of more than 374,000 adults across the country, gives the clearest insight yet for the 50 largest metropolitan areas. It shows that more LGBT people live in the West, even in conservative cities like Salt Lake City, but are less likely to reside in the South and Midwest.

20874474b1aeb24d83829f41417e8a2e8c40e5ff.png

As the New York Times' David Leonhart and Claire Miller noted, the larger LGBT populations in some metropolitan areas may show that people tend to relocate to one area in a region where they're more likely to be accepted. Rural places in Utah and Oregon, for example, are generally less accepting of LGBT people, which may convince gay, lesbian, bisexual, and trans people to leave their homes and head to cities such as Salt Lake City or Portland, Oregon, where they'll likely find more inviting communities, since cities tend to be more progressive.

But the survey also may reflect cultural attitudes that make it easier for someone to say they're LGBT in a survey. Oftentimes, it's a lot easier for someone in San Francisco, one of the most LGBT-friendly cities in the country, to come out as gay than for a person in Birmingham, Alabama, a city known for its social conservatism, to do so.

The report also found very little variation from city to city. The difference between San Francisco, which is first in the ranking, and Birmingham, which is last, is only 3.6 percentage points. So while some LGBT people may flock to more accepting places in the West, there are still sizable populations living in places for other reasons, such as jobs, family, or hometown attachment.

SOURCE

I'm not a statistician so what the percentages in the graphic represent isn't clear to me. For example: San Francisco shows 6.2%... what does that represent? Is it 6.2% of the total population of San Francisco or of poll respondents or what? I imagine it is the latter but that would mean the other 93.4% of respondents replied in the negative. So out of the 340,000 adults how many were from San Francisco and how many were from Birmingham? I'm sure the answer is simple and clear as a bell to someone, lol, just not me.

It's late and I'm getting tired. I just saw this and thought I'd post it.

Last edited:

Mardo

Banned
Reaction score
Very interesting. It seems to say that about 4% of people are GLBT. But to be balanced they would also have to poll rural populations.

I would imagine that you'd get a higher percentage of gays in cities.

That said I think homosexuality is a sensitivity for many people, and they might not admit it even in a poll that promises to protect identities. So who knows what the true percentages are.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
It just shows that the Christian conservative's worst fear has become reality...

Fags are EVERYWHERE!