• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

'Free' to Play Games

Do you like 'Free' to Play games?

• Yes, I play them and purchase additional content

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Yes, I play them but don't purchase additional content

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Yes, I play them and only 'earn/win' additional content (no $$)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Nope, I purchase the entire game

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

havocs

Reaction score
How does everyone feel about free to play games? These are games where you can download for free and either has ads in them or lets you play a limited version (demo) of the main game but you have to 'pay' for more content?

For console games it is a good way to try before you buy; some types of games focus more on the multiplayer than the single player side; and if you dont do multiplayer why should you pay for it? You could get the base game for free and then just purchase the single player game and then activate the multiplayer if you want. The other side is that some people expect it to come with it, with more people being attached to the internet it is easier to simply download the content you want. Some people worry about some games moving towards a monthly subscription for the multiplayer options as it costs the company money to maintain servers for the multiplayer games.

What's everyone think?

havocs

Reaction score
do you mean games like from Google play

I meant console games, (PS4, XB1) and it could apply to phone app games too. Some phone app games advertise as free and have ads and want access to your information. Despite being free there always seems to be a 'price'.

I was thinking games like Marvel Hereos Omega and Dungeons and Neverwinter - a dungeons and dragons game. Both of those games you can download for free and are capped at a certain level. Similar to phone app games, you can buy additional content or in game currency.

LoveAlwaysAC

Reaction score
This has two factors from what I can see:

1. At least with mobile free to play games, some are fair and some are not. What i mean is, there are some "free to play" games that make it really hard to advance in the game without purchasing an in-app booster - and then there are games you can play pleasantly whether or not you buy extras.

Me, i prefer the latter because its more fair

2. The amount of money you pay for a in game purchase should provide you with an amount of extras/items that is worth what you paid for it. Ive seen some games where you can make a $10 purchase in the game, and with that $10 you can only get like ONE booster pack or something, which is kind of unfair.

But then there are other games where the amount of money you spend on a purchase can go a long way.

I like it when your in app purchase is worth spending the money on.

prickles

Reaction score
Not tried the console versions of free to play. I did try Star Trek ftp, but found it boring. Something like Eve Online wasn't free, but progress was so slow and expensive. Things like Clash of Clans I found quite good, because I can be patient and can progress solo-ing it (until it updated and crashed every time it loaded).

But one of my biggest annoyances was highlighted in Mass Effect 3. They got about £150 out of me because I bought each of the games when they came out. And in ME3 i felt they developed thing for it, then cut them out to get people to buy them as DLC. Since then I've refused to buy any form of DLC because if I put out £49.99 a pop I expect to get the complete package. And I'd never subscribe to a game, not worth it in my opinion.

But I tend to be solo, so like plot and good story mode. Wouldn't mind buying dedicated versions of games, so I could by story modes, and leave the multi player.

That ended up more rambling than I intended.

fkboy1

Reaction score
Yes, I play them and only 'earn/win' additional content (no $$)

The only exception being Star Trek Online (PC), where initially for a couple of years I was F2P but later on decided to be a LTS.

havocs

Reaction score
This has two factors from what I can see:

1. At least with mobile free to play games, some are fair and some are not. What i mean is, there are some "free to play" games that make it really hard to advance in the game without purchasing an in-app booster - and then there are games you can play pleasantly whether or not you buy extras.

Me, i prefer the latter because its more fair

I agree with you there, sometimes people spend so much money in the 'free' games that it is ridiculous. They limit the amount you can play or special items like you say, they rely on people's addiction to attention and they make bank for it. I dont know which is worse, that fact that it works or the fact that I didnt think of it first. ;)