• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Your Outing

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
This will be again a question from me to all of you:

When you have been outing yourself to your family, your friends? Are you living openly gay or are you still in your closet? How old have you been when you came out?

What was the response to your outing from your family and/or your friends?

Let's start with myself. I've outed myself after I've found my BF to my parents and siblings. I've been 17 to that time. And I think without the help of my BF I would be in the closet until today. He has really forced me to came out.

The Reaction of my Mom was great, my Dad's hmmmmmmm, my siblings reaction at first mixed.

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
Dad was suprisingly totally okay, mom suprisingly needed some time to really understand it. I thought the roles would have been different.

Non of my friends really reacted at all, even though it came as a suprise, since being gay is no big deal to any of them. My oldest friend was in bit of a shock, even though he accepted it immediatly.

I don't live in closet, and I'm openly gay. That means I don't hide it in conversation or don't think if some action is gay or not. But I don't shout it out loud on the streets or try to look gay or stuff, it's just sexual orientation:D

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
I don't live in closet, and I'm openly gay. That means I don't hide it in conversation or don't think if some action is gay or not. But I don't shout it out loud on the streets or try to look gay or stuff, it's just sexual orientation:D

:agree::agree::agree::agree:
This is something I can only subscribe at 100%. So should it be! :thumbs up:
And yes I have had two "very good" friends back in that outing time who didn't wanted to be my friends any more. Well so it was! And I'll always live!! Have that really been honestly friends? Today we have new friends and old ones. And most of them are gay as well but too some of them straight.

Jase

Reaction score
I never "came out" and my family and friends just always knew...

When I was a kid, I wasn't afraid to ask for the toys I wanted. So, in addition to the usual "boy" toys I also had some "girl" toys. Luckily, I was blessed with an accepting family. But instead of dating Barbie, my Ken Doll was dating his best friend, Alan! Hahaha! :)

Same with my friends, we never discussed it and I was just treated normal. It didn't change either when I got my first boyfriend in high school either. When we all hung out after school, we were treated the same as the boy/girl couples in our circle of friends.

So, in a way I was always out and continue to live out. Even now, although I live in a different city. I don't hide the fact that I'm gay since I never have had to. I regularly talk about my relationship with coworkers and take my boyfriend to work functions.

I know that this isn't typical and I'm very grateful to have had so easy. But I grew up in a very peaceful, small town and most of us knew each other before we started going to school together. :heart:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
That is really a wonderful life report Jase. Not everyone will be as blessed as you. But it is marvellous to hear that such stories really will happen.

Jase

Reaction score
Yeah... Sorry, it was a bit on the long side. :blushing:
I just wasn't sure how else to explain that I really never had to come out. :)

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Dad died when I was 12, Mom is a fag hag, so no issues with the rental units...

The rest of the family, well... Mom took care of that in grand fashion. While at a family funeral, attended by everyone in my family, she was bouncing my cousin's baby on her knee when my cousin's wife said...
"I bet you can't wait until Kevin gives you grandchildren."
And my dear mother blurted out, "Kevin's gay..." in front of the whole family. Might as well have put it on the Christmas cards...

As for work, I simply don't talk about it there. A friend who's openly gay that I've known for over 20 years recommended me for the job and I'm sure that he's told a few about me, but fuck it, I really don't care if they know or what they think. I keep my work and private lives separate.