• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Eurovision Song Contest 2016

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
logoeurovi.jpg

Eurovision Song Contest 2016 will be held in Stockholm on 10, 12 and 14 May 2016. The dates were announced at the Head of Delegations meeting in March 2015, and confirmed by the broadcaster SVT on 8 July 2015. Stockholm has previously hosted Eurovision Song Contest in 1975 and 2000, and now again in 2016. Martin Österdahl, Executive Producer for Eurovision Song Contest 2016 says on behalf of SVT: ''Stockholm has delivered a thorough offer which guarantees that the event once again is taken to the next level''. EBU has announced that 41 countries are expected to take part in Eurovision 2016. 31 of the countries have officially confirmed their participation in Eurovision Song Contest 2016.

4151577750.jpg

The city’s Globe arena will welcome singers from across Europe to take part. It is the second time the arena has played host during the competition’s history. Globen Arena, also known as "Ericsson Globe" is the national indoor arena of Sweden, and is the largest hemispherical building in the world. It's capacity is 16,000 seated spectators for shows and concerts, and 13,850 for ice hockey. The arena has previously hosted huge events: Ice Hockey World Championships (1989, 1995, 2012, 2013), MTV Europe Music Awards (2000), European Basketball Championships (2003)...And have had visitors like: Pope John Paul II, Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela, Celine Dion, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga...

1125965916.jpg

Petra Mede hosted Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Malmö, as well as the 60th anniversary show Eurovision Greatest Hits, and she is the bookmakers' favorite to host the 61st Eurovision along with Måns Zelmerlöw and Sanna Nielsen. Both Måns Zelmerlöw and Sanna Nielsen has shown interest in hosting Eurovision 2016. Shortly after Måns Zelmerlöw's victory in Vienna, he was asked how he feels about hosting Eurovision 2016: ''It would have been extremely difficult to turn down such an offer''. He has previously been hosting Melodifestivalen in 2010 along with Dolph Lundgren and Christine Meltzer.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Australia is back in Eurovision!

australia2.jpg

History was made in Vienna earlier this year when Australia debuted at the Eurovision Song Contest. It was represented by megastar Guy Sebastian who finished 5th in the Grand Final with Tonight Again. Initially envisaged as a one-off to celebrate the event's 60th anniversary and Australia's long tradition of broadcasting the show, the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) and Australian broadcaster SBS are proud to announce that Australia will participate again in 2016.

img4414120.jpg

"The feedback we got from viewers, fans, press and the broadcasters after Australia's participation in Vienna was overwhelmingly positive," says Jon Ola Sand, Executive Supervisor of the contest on behalf of the EBU.

Australia has been dedicated to Eurovision for a long time, and also broadcasted lots of the shows from Eurovision. The viewing figures have even been higher in Australia than in some of the competing nations for some years.

In Vienna, Australia was guaranteed a spot in the final. Next year, Australia will have to compete in one of the two Semi-Finals. Australia's participation is secured for 2016, but it is yet to be decided whether Australia will become a permanent participant in the contest.

In case Australia wins the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest, the 2017 contest will be co-hosted by Australian broadcaster SBS and another European public broadcaster, somewhere in Europe.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I definitely think it's great that Australia is coming to Stockholm 2016!

G'day mates!!!!

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
And then for something completely different: I want Måns as Rudy in the total Nudy with a raging hard-on on the scene of Globen Arena! No half-measures!

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
I definitely think it's great that Australia is coming to Stockholm 2016!

I think so, too. Hope they keep taking it seriously and keep sending awesome entries every year unlike some countries that send joke entries :D

Cute Prince101

Super Vip
Reaction score
Aww Thanks Guys for your Kind warm words, i was so happy/excited after hearing my country is partcipation in Eurovision again, i can't wait to next years contest :) but yes hopefully we do choose an awesome entry for next year and the years to come my friends and i wish the same for all your countries entries too. :hug:

I think this guy name "Cyrus Villanueva" from todays final episode and winner of this years X-Factor (Australia) singing his version of Labrinth’s smash hit song "Jealous" , should represent us :) but then again we have wait and see when our nomination list of entries appears sometime next year.

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
43 countries represented in Stockholm!

The 2016 Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm will be the biggest contest for years with 43 participants, equaling the record set in both 2008 and 2011.

Ukraine will return to the contest after a one-year absence and Bosnia Herzegovina, which last competed in 2012, will also participate. Croatia and Bulgaria will return to the contest for the first time since 2013. 2016 is also a special year for Iceland as it marks the 30th anniversary of the country's first ever participation. Turkish broadcaster TRT confirmed that the country will not return to the Eurovision Song Contest in 2016.

flags.jpg

Jon Ola Sand, Executive Supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest said, ''We are proud to see broadcasters from 43 countries sign up for the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest. We have put a lot of effort into bringing together as many countries as possible and this number reflects that. To see all these different countries and cultures come together, despite the challenges Europe and the world face today, shows the power of music and the enduring appeal of the Eurovision Song Contest.''

portugal10

Reaction score
The news is really disappointing...Portugal has been one of the longest participating countries in the song contests history. :(

Hence my name.... Portugal 74 my fav song of all time

Last edited by a moderator:

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
Sweden and Portugal have a love-hate relationship it seems. Portugal wasn't in Malmo back in 2013 as well.
Too bad :(

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
ESC tops Google's search lists

The Eurovision Song Contest was one of the most searched TV shows around Europe in 2015 according to figures released by Google.

In the UK the Eurovision Song Contest was the number one trending TV show beating ratings winners Strictly Come Dancing and Game of Thrones whilst in Ireland, not only was it the most searched TV show, it was also the fifth trending news moment of 2015.

The Eurovision Song Contest also featured in the top ten trending search terms in Belarus, Belgium, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Spain and perhaps unsurprisingly, Sweden.

googlehqh.jpg

READ MORE

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Petra and Mans to host in Stockholm!

Måns Zelmerlöw, winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2015, will co-host the 2016 contest in Stockholm alongside firm fan favourite Petra Mede...

esc1.jpg

YEAH!!! :dancing: Petra Mede is the best host ever seen in Eurovision.

originnmn.jpg

READ MORE

Gruet98

Reaction score

Ireland needs to submit this as their song

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Semi-Final draw held, this is the outcome

semiuxu.jpg

name_1

Streamer
Reaction score
So, I was searching on Eurovision, and I came across the winner of Eurovision 2014.

Rise like a Phoenix

Maybe we could share the entries that we liked the most in Eurovision? ;)

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score

Me not like it very much.

It's not clearly in the vid but if I read it correctly, the "spokespersons" will only announce the 12 points from the jury votings.

And the juries get a lot of attention while the public (500.000 potential viewers) get mixed up in a single vote. No visible neighour-voting any more. No "scandals" any more but also no fun any more.

Those "and now the points from ..." at the end were the real fun-part and most campy thing of this whole event. It's what made the "Grand Prix" famous.

They probabaly will change it back in the year after that.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
The normal procedure of voting takes aroung half an hour or even longer. If 50% of the points are given in the last 2 minutes the 28 minutes before will become rather redunant and unneccessary. :D Has anyone thought of that?

If they don't like the procedure any more I can imagine a banner at the top of the screen like with those super important fiancial news that's running down there constantly. That can be swift and while it runs they show some old fashioned TV ballett or something of those cultural oddities they present as fillers. And those, who are interested in the results have to go to facebook.

Well, it's just not the same any more since they have stopped to repeat everything in french! :D