• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Your Hobby?

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
I don't know if this question was a thread before.

But I will start it now and ask you: What is your hobby? What are you doing with passion in your downtime?

Let's start with me: my hobby are movies. And in the meantime I've a collection of more than 6000 from all genres.

So - what are yours?

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Planning for the zombie apocalypse...

trencherman

Reaction score
These are what keep me busy from day to day, not sure whether they constitute hobby but I have been at it for almost a lifetime: Reading, listening to music and playing solo guitar, practicing handwriting and collecting preWWII German fountain pens, cooking and baking, smelling and collecting perfume and more recently, memorizing Chinese characters.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
These are what keep me busy from day to day, not sure whether they constitute hobby but I have been at it for almost a lifetime: Reading, listening to music and playing solo guitar, practicing handwriting and collecting preWWII German fountain pens, cooking and baking, smelling and collecting perfume and more recently, memorizing Chinese characters.

That sounds interesting. You're fully aware that hobbies are great ways to make our life enjoyable and fun. Wishing you the very best of luck with your hobbies. ;)

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
That sounds interesting. You're fully aware that hobbies are great ways to make our life enjoyable and fun. Wishing you the very best of luck with your hobbies. ;)

:agree::agree::agree::agree: I can only comment it with a big W O W!

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'll give my answer with a wink ;) ...

Reading very fat books and turning them into longwinding threads and posts on GH & writing even more longwinding essays on assorted subjects to haiducii :rofl:

Seriously, reading and writing has been my "favourite drugs" ever since my mum tought me how to read more than 50 years ago ; I guess that the only drugs to sometime compete with the books are: 1) having sex; 2) watching movies; 3) taking long walks.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Seriously, reading and writing has been my "favourite drugs" ever since my mum tought me how to read more than 50 years ago ;

And I always thought that your favourite drug is a brewed drink prepared from roasted coffee beans, which are the seeds of berries from the coffea plant. Oh my God - I was wrong. :?

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
And I always thought that your favourite drug is a brewed drink prepared from roasted coffee beans, which are the seeds of berries from the coffea plant. Oh my God - I was wrong. :?

Maybe this will be a Wittgensteinian moment of conceptual confusion...

It's just that I don't think of coffee as a drug...but I do drink lots of coffee, in particular when I'm reading...

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
If I had to sum my hobbies up in one word is would be "nerding out", but in more detail they would include:
  • Photography
  • Astronomy
  • Podcasting
  • Programming
  • Watching Documentaries
  • Learnig how things work - how are railways signalled, what does that jargon you hear on aviation radio frequencies mean, that kind of thing

B.

C

chaitanya

Let me make a list -

Reading and collecting books. I love collecting old books especially various editions of the same book. For that I move around the old book stores of my city at length.
Listening to music and collecting Cds. My father has a huge collection of LPs and he still collects them. I love playing them too.
Watching movies of various genres and of various languages. My sister & I have made a collection of over 8000 titles.
Learning new languages. At school other than the mandatory learning of Bengali (my mother tongue) & English, we had to take two more optional languages of our choice (obviously from the options present at school). So I took Sanskrit & Hindi. After school, while at college, I pursued French & Japanese. Now I am pursing Persian & Urdu. Later, I have plans for more.
I like to sketch. I use charcoal for that and sometimes dry pastels. I love to paint also. I prefer water-color over oil-paint because I love the fluidity and the transparency.
Collecting stray animals and taking them to the shelter where I work as a volunteer. Some of the strays I have kept at home with whom I have a special bond (they are like my children). I love taking care of them. In this matter my whole family works together.
One more thing. I love to play the violin. I have taken music lessons (violin playing) for 12 long years since the age of 5 1/2. I have graduated from the music school with a distinction.

I am a philosophy major. Recently my dissertation for my pre-doctoral entrance has got approved by the doctoral research committee of my university. So from now on, I'll be able to work on my doctoral thesis for the next 3 1/2 years. I'm looking forward to it. I don't know if I can call this doctoral research part as my hobby or not, but I am very happy and excited to work on it:)

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Let me make a list -

Reading and collecting books. I love collecting old books especially various editions of the same book. For that I move around the old book stores of my city at length.
Listening to music and collecting Cds. My father has a huge collection of LPs and he still collects them. I love playing them too.
Watching movies of various genres and of various languages. My sister & I have made a collection of over 8000 titles.
Learning new languages. At school other than the mandatory learning of Bengali (my mother tongue) & English, we had to take two more optional languages of our choice (obviously from the options present at school). So I took Sanskrit & Hindi. After school, while at college, I pursued French & Japanese. Now I am pursing Persian & Urdu. Later, I have plans for more.
I like to sketch. I use charcoal for that and sometimes dry pastels. I love to paint also. I prefer water-color over oil-paint because I love the fluidity and the transparency.
Collecting stray animals and taking them to the shelter where I work as a volunteer. Some of the strays I have kept at home with whom I have a special bond (they are like my children). I love taking care of them. In this matter my whole family works together.
One more thing. I love to play the violin. I have taken music lessons (violin playing) for 12 long years since the age of 5 1/2. I have graduated from the music school with a distinction.

I am a philosophy major. Recently my dissertation for my pre-doctoral entrance has got approved by the doctoral research committee of my university. So from now on, I'll be able to work on my doctoral thesis for the next 3 1/2 years. I'm looking forward to it. I don't know if I can call this doctoral research part as my hobby or not, but I am very happy and excited to work on it:)

Wow Chaitanya - I'll bow my head very deep in front of you and as well I wish you all the very best for your future work. You will make it! And by the way - how it is also to learn my language (German)? :thumbs up:

C

chaitanya

Wow Chaitanya - I'll bow my head very deep in front of you and as well I wish you all the very best for your future work. You will make it! And by the way - how it is also to learn my language (German)? :thumbs up:

Thanks. But please don't bow:blushing:
German is definitely in my list. I have pursued French from the Alliance Française - Kolkata. We have a Goethe Institute here in Kolkata which is the most authentic place for learning German in my city. I'll pursue German from there:)

anarren

Reaction score
Mine are cooking, drinking (and learning about beer and whiskey), and live music. Lots of live music.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Thanks. But please don't bow:blushing:
German is definitely in my list. I have pursued French from the Alliance Française - Kolkata. We have a Goethe Institute here in Kolkata which is the most authentic place for learning German in my city. I'll pursue German from there:)

Just as Shelter said: WOW!

It's obvious you're a multi-talented guy with many and various interests!

Please let me know if I'm barking up the totally wrong tree:

You say Bengali is your mother tongue, which should mean that you're from India, and to be more precise: from the north-eastern corner of India, correct?

You mention "Kolkata" - is that the city that was called "Calcutta" in western geography books some decades ago?

I really like the fact that GH is a truly global forum were I meet people from all over the world!!!

cute-zozo

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
listening to music, reading novels, playing computer games, running, setting by the beach, and my favorite sport is swimming

zachak

Reaction score
Love to travel... I have made all the continents except Antarctic. Maybe one day.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Love to travel... I have made all the continents except Antarctic. Maybe one day.

Wow - very interesting! A very expensive hobby - but highly interesting. :thumbs up:

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
I like to take apart and build computers and small electronics and, in addition, I spend a lot of time reading.