• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

2017 Solar Eclipse

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
As many people know August 21, 2017 will feature a total solar eclipse visible to a 70 mile wide path across much of the United States. Those outside the 70 mile path will only get a partial view.

Here's my dilemma...

I live a relativity short drive away from either of the two best spots in the country to view the eclipse.

I'm here in Evansville Indiana (blue), 100 miles to the west is Carbondale, Illinois (red) and 80 miles south is Hopkinsville, Kentucky (green)...

Both locations have some good benefits. Carbondale is having a three day music festival called "Moonstock" hosted by Ozzy Osborn with Ozzy taking the stage during the eclipse. And Hopkinsville has the "Geek cred" as the sight of the "Hopkinsville Goblins" UFO encounter, as an added bonus the eclipse just happens to fall on the anniversary of the encounter, August 21, 1955...

So which way do I go? Or should I just stay home and watch it from here. Evansville won't get the "total eclipse" since we're right on the edge, but we will get 99.04% totality. Is less than 1% really worth the drive?

Incidentally, this eclipse is sort of a practice run for us because there will be another solar eclipse in 2024 and Evansville will be a prime viewing location...

Last edited:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
As many people know August 21, 2017 will feature a total solar eclipse visible to a 70 mile wide path across much of the United States. Those outside the 70 mile path will only get a partial view.

Here's my dilemma...

I live a relativity short drive away from either of the two best spots in the country to view the eclipse.

I'm here in Evansville Indiana (blue), 100 miles to the west is Carbondale, Illinois (red) and 80 miles south is Hopkinsville, Kentucky (green)...

Both locations have some good benefits. Carbondale is having a three day music festival called "Moonstock" hosted by Ozzy Osborn with Ozzy taking the stage during the eclipse. And Hopkinsville has the "Geek cred" as the sight of the "Hopkinsville Goblins" UFO encounter, as an added bonus the eclipse just happens to fall on the anniversary of the encounter, August 21, 1955...

So which way do I go? Or should I just stay home and watch it from here. Evansville won't get the "total eclipse" since we're right on the edge, but we will get 99.04% totality. Is less than 1% really worth the drive?

Incidentally, this eclipse is sort of a practice run for us because there will be another solar eclipse in 2024 and Evansville will be a prime viewing location...

Hi my friend, why you shall wait to 2024? Go to Carbondale and have some fun as well with the eclipse AND with "Moonstock" festival and Ozzy Osborn. And in 2024 you'll have it in your Evansville. p:p