• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Do You Smoke Or Use Tobacco Products?

Do You Use Tobacco Products?

• Yes I Use Tobacco Products

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • I Did Use Tobacco Products But I Quit

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I Have Never Used Tobacco Products

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • I Use eCigs or Vape

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

MRGSKCBD

Reaction score
I have smoked since 16, now 55...I know it is not good for you and I can't down play that. but as an adult I am entitled to enjoy those things that I choose to do without undue harassment . I don't smoke where it's not allowed, nor do I smoke if others with me would object. I respect their request and I don't see need to have people telling me what I shouldn't be doing. I don't run around and tell every overweight person that they are living an unhealthy lifestyle and risk serious health issues if they don't change their ways. why is it that it's ok to tell a smoker that you dislike the habit, but if I tell an obese person I find it troubling they allow themselves to get that way, then your called out for being uncaring and vindictive.....

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
I have smoked since 16, now 55...I know it is not good for you and I can't down play that. but as an adult I am entitled to enjoy those things that I choose to do without undue harassment . I don't smoke where it's not allowed, nor do I smoke if others with me would object. I respect their request and I don't see need to have people telling me what I shouldn't be doing. I don't run around and tell every overweight person that they are living an unhealthy lifestyle and risk serious health issues if they don't change their ways. why is it that it's ok to tell a smoker that you dislike the habit, but if I tell an obese person I find it troubling they allow themselves to get that way, then your called out for being uncaring and vindictive.....

Very good retaliated! :thumbs up::thumbs up:

lionelboy

Reaction score
I used to smoke but quit when I could not afford it anymore, thanks to taxes.

taplan

Reaction score
I used to smoke but quit when I could not afford it anymore, thanks to taxes.

I am desperately trying to stop smoking. Not only because of my health, but also because it is costing me so much money. I have made several attemps, but failed.

I did manage to get of the alcohol. People tell me that I look much better now.

To quit smoking is my next challenge. Hopefully I will be gorgeous again. :blushing:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Hi Taplan - sure it will be hard, but if you really want it, you can be strong and overcome it! I'll press my thumbs for you. And perhaps soon you can tell us that you are "clean".

Let me tell you my BF was a strong smoker of cigarettes as well. I hated it - but he didn't stop. And than I refused his kisses and I told him, it is for me as if I would licking out an ashtray. Well he didn't want to be an ashtray. Do you want to be an ashtray?!

larrywar

Reaction score
Cigarettes since 15 years old. That was 60 years ago. And I'm still going strong. I really resent how politicians see us as an easy and undefended source of taxation. And I resent how the medical profession has made us into "nicotine outlaws."
I'm not yet convinced that we are a danger to anyone except ourselves.

AdenaTG

Reaction score
I said I never used because I used once when I was around 11 years old and I had no clue how I got them in the first place because nobody in my family smokes but I was walking to school and brought them out and my friend said he wouldn't be my friend if I smoked and I was like okay and threw them away.

No smoking 420 that is another story since I enjoy that very much

littlebob

Reaction score
Smoking is one of the nastiest, dirtiest habits any one can have. Having said that, I still smoke. Been trying to quit for 4 years but it's not going very well. I just don't seem to be able to do it. You'd think that having COPD, I should be able to sop, but NO.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Smoking is one of the nastiest, dirtiest habits any one can have. Having said that, I still smoke. Been trying to quit for 4 years but it's not going very well. I just don't seem to be able to do it. You'd think that having COPD, I should be able to sop, but NO.

Littlebob - if you really want it, you will make it! But you honestly must want it! Try it - it will be hard but after it you will be really happy!

And btw your kisses will taste better!!!! ;)

smurfboy1

Reaction score
Don't smoke, and don't ever plan on picking the habit up.

Too many health risks associated with tobacco, and it's just generally kinda gross.

ben2003

Reaction score
Like many others I tried smoking as a teenager but did not like it. Saved me a fortune to spend on other things.

tjames97

Reaction score
Never have, probably never will unless obviously if I'm in some survival situation and I need to smoke to stay warm, aside from that outlandish situation probably never will.

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score
Oh yes...I've been smoking since I was 12 years old.....:( It's such a hard habit for me to break that I quit trying years ago. I wish I would have never lit the first cigarette ..

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Tobacco is more addictive than heroin. It is insidious in that way. I've heard it said we all have to die from something so one might as well smoke.

I smoked for 30 years with a break of 2 years in the middle when I tried to quit. I worked in sales and everyone else chain smoked. I surrendered and started smoking again.

My mother had pleaded with me to quit for years. After she survived cancer of the larynx she feared I may not be so lucky. I never honored her pleas.

The morning she died in 2009 I was beyond devastated. I cannot put into words the loss I felt and still feel today. That morning I finally honored her wish. I quit.

I did it without fanfare. I never ragged on others in my family who still smoke and even smoked around me. I just reminded them how happy mama would have been if I could have had the strength to quit while she was still here.

I didn't need patches or gum or hypnotism. I had my mother's strength inside me. There was an open pack of my cigarettes on the night stand with a lighter. I did not throw them away. No. That day I broke the chains that cigarettes had used to keep me prisoner for so long. I was now in control. The cigarettes were MY prisoner. I kept them close. I kept them in my shirt pocket with the lighter. I did not hear their siren call any more. They were powerless over me. I kept that partial pack of cigarettes for more than 2 years. Instead of a temptation they were inspiration. I looked at them for what they were. I used them as my source of power over them. I could be around others smoking and it did not bother me. I was free, at last.

So my advice to anyone trying to quit would be to follow the same path I did. All you need is the desire to quit. Then you take control over them. You become the master and they become your prisoner.

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score
I commend you for quitting after 30 years.....It's hard for me to understand why someone would start back after quitting for so long......My dad quit for about 7 years then started back......Several years later he quit for good.....

I've heard people say that if you watch someone die from a smoking related illness then you will quit but that's not always true .....I helped care for my grandfather as he was dying from lung cancer, then two years later my mother's sister.....The experience didn't make me want a cigarette any less.......