• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Popular Broadway Songs [Youtbe Clips]

BigBenni

Super Vip, Gentle Giant
Reaction score

Are you on about the version he done with Jose Carreras and Kiri te Kanawa?
Very interesting making of documentary.

Yeah, I exactly mean this one although I have to say that Carreras really has problems with "Something's coming". He really has problems with the rhythm. This scene is beautiful when Lenny wants him to look at him to be relaxed and just let flow the music and the end version is much better than in the documentary :)

Well Lenny's composition is full of rhythmical "surprises" but I love this so much and Kiri is just marvellous :heart:

This documentary always makes me smiling as I love Lenny so much and it is so great to see him working on his own piece!!!

@stoic: This recording is also available on CD and I think it is the best choice. You will absolutely love it :)

X

XMan101

There are 4 Musicals I never tire of

Showboat - which had the most fantastic songs and a good story. Can't fail to get tears at the end!

Carousel - ditto, plus a song that has been covered by so many and is an anthem for some "You'll Never Walk Alone", and the end of that is one of those movie moments I can't watch in company unless my eyes are hidden :p Yes , I get tears again! :))

Oklahoma - again so many fab songs, and the only one of these I've actually seen on stage

Brigadoon - a somewhat lesser remembered musical but some stomping good songs!

xenos

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder xman101. I completely forgot Lerner and Loewe in my original list. I deserve a hundred lashes with a wet "Playbill" for leaving out the authors of "Brigadoon", "Paint Your Wagon" and the truly magnificent "My Fair Lady."

Last edited:

trencherman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder xman101. I completely forgot Lerner and Loewe in my original list. I deserve a hundred lashes with a we "Playbill" for leaving out the authors of "Brigadoon", "Paint Your Wagon" and the truly magnificent "My Fair Lady."

Not to mention, Gigi and Camelot.

But back to Rodgers and Hammerstein, This Nearly Was Mine, one of my absolute favorites from South Pacific, another Rodgers and Hammerstein musical chockfull of remarkable songs: Bali Hai, Enchanted Evening, Younger than Springtime, etc., Here sung in the recent revival by a hot looking Brazilian:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSH6oBRw6rw
or even better here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drv-NgfLtNw

Last edited:

chi

Reaction score
My favorites are Colm Wilkinson singing "Bring Him Home," from Les Miserables, but also when he and Linda Eder, in 1990, did the first recording for Jekyll & Hyde. Actually, anything that either of them sings is amazing. Linda's "Someone Like You," from Jekyll, is amazing. And, I know I am digressing, because they are not Broadway songs, but, her "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "Vienna," are my all-time favorite songs to hear in a concert, or on a recording. If you enjoy music and lyrics that are beautiful and "moving," i.e. spiritual, I highly recommend these singers and songs. All of these can be found on youtube.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Neil Patrick Harris is amazing, isn't he? But check out this amazing multi-track version of the same song.

That is one of most remarkable arrangements I've heard in a long while. Thanks!

]

xenos

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, topdog. I have never learned how to download videos from You Tube.

S

Stoic

Xenos, you can download DownloadHelper - a firefox add on :)

The first vid is amazing lolz like he has his own choir!

The second... I didn't like Neil's voice on this I feel its too weak...

Btw that BBC Proms 2010 on youtube is a minefield... :pP

Last edited:
T

thedivaprincess

I must confess to being absolutely obsessed with Wicked. I can't count the number of times I've seen it (flew all over Australia to see it more and more). My car numberplaters are WICKED, my room is themed Wicked (green and pink, tastefully of course) and I know the entire musical off by heart. Yes, obsessed. I love all of the music but who can go past Defying Gravity for a huge climax right before interval...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia-i-j4eTJo&feature=related

xenos

Reaction score
Since no one else has brought him up....

The Wonderful Jerry Herman

Hello Dolly
Mame
La Cage Aux Folles

xenos

Reaction score

Maybe the best thing Lloyd Webber ever wrote. Don Black's lyrics are darn good as well

This is the title song from a song cycle about a British girl in America who has a series of not very successful love affairs. It is a one woman show that has had several incarnations, as a TV show, as a part of a stage show called Song and Dance in London and New York.

It is sung here by Marti Webb, the original star of the first production.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
This Nearly Was Mine, one of my absolute favorites from South Pacific, a Rodgers and Hammerstein musical full of remarkable songs: Bali Hai, Enchanted Evening, Younger than Springtime, etc., Here sung in the recent revival by a hot looking Brazilian:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSH6oBRw6rw
or equally gripping here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drv-NgfLtNw&feature=fvwrel

The world is full of songs celebrating becoming a success. Most people will never get all they want in the world. This is the only song I can think of that makes something glorious out of not getting all you wanted. The singer does not feel like a loser, no, he tried, he made an effort. That is a wonderful message to everyone, you are never a failure, as long as you have tried.

Last edited:

xenos

Reaction score
From "Closer than Ever"

A song a about a very up-to-date love triangle. A boys loves a girl who loves someone else who loves another person. Be sure to listen all the way through.

"Closer than Ever" is not a book musical but more of a revue of songs by Richard Maltby, Jr. and David Shire.

;)

Last edited:

xenos

Reaction score
From the musical "Chess"

John Barrowman's and Daniel Boys' voices blend beautifully.

Originally written for two women,this song from Chess was given a spin by Barrowman and Boys. In my younger days I could never have imagined two men standing in front of thousands of people singing about their love for another man. It does get better.

Last edited:

xenos

Reaction score
Simply beautiful.

I first fell in love with this song on a recording by the New York City Gay Mens' Chorus. I searched for nearly 20 years for the album and finally discovered the reissue on CD, which I still own. It was worth waiting for.:)

xenos

Reaction score
"At the Drop of a Hat"

At the Drop of a Hat" was a review of songs by Michael Flanders and Donald Swann that ran in London's West End for more than 750 performances. It also was a hit in New York. This recording is from the New York run.

Flanders is the singer with Swann at the piano.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

xenos

Reaction score
"Billy Elliot"

Tonight, Friday Oct 23, "Great Performances"on PBS starts a new season with a full performance of the Elton John Tony Award winning musical Billy Elliot.
:thumbs up: