• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Gov. Mike Pence Promises New Bill To "Clarify Intent" Of Anti-LGBT

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Gov. Mike Pence Promises New Bill To "Clarify Intent" Of Anti-LGBT

Gov. Mike Pence, scorched by a fast-spreading political firestorm, told The Star on Saturday that he will support the introduction of legislation to “clarify” that Indiana’s controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act does not promote discrimination against gays and lesbians. “I support religious liberty, and I support this law,” Pence said in an exclusive interview. “But we are in discussions with legislative leaders this weekend to see if there’s a way to clarify the intent of the law.” The governor, although not ready to provide details on what the new bill will say, said he expects the legislation to be introduced into the General Assembly this coming week. Asked if that legislation might include making gay and lesbian Hoosiers a protected legal class, Pence said, “That’s not on my agenda.” Amid the deepest crisis of his political career, Pence said repeatedly that the intense blowback against the new law is the result of a “misunderstanding driven by misinformation.” He adamantly insisted that RFRA will not open the door to state-sanctioned discrimination against gays and lesbians. But he did acknowledge that Indiana’s image — and potentially its economic health — has been hurt badly by the controversy.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Mike Pence is a fucking idiot - he should have paid attention to what his predecessor did when she was offered the same opportunity to commit political suicide, and vetoed it. Who would have thought that governor Brewer of all people would come out of this looking wise!

I really don't think that Republican leaders are in touch with the American people any more. Gay bashing is all the rage in their small base, but it's not acceptable to the vast majority of today's Americans.

I hope this ends his bid for the presidency before it can really start.

B.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Mike Pence is a fucking idiot - he should have paid attention to what his predecessor did when she was offered the same opportunity to commit political suicide, and vetoed it. Who would have thought that governor Brewer of all people would come out of this looking wise!

I really don't think that Republican leaders are in touch with the American people any more. Gay bashing is all the rage in their small base, but it's not acceptable to the vast majority of today's Americans.

I hope this ends his bid for the presidency before it can really start.

B.

While I agree Pence is an idiot, I have to wonder where you get your information. I live in Indiana and we've never had a Governor Brewer, nor have we ever had a female governor, although the past three Lt. Governors were women.

And just to make it understood that Indiana is not populated by a majority of right-wing, teabagging, republitards, I'd like to point out that Indiana is split right down the middle politically. Under the old party system we've had 3 Democratic-Republican and 3 Whig governors, followed by 1 independent, 21 Democrat, and 21 Republican...

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
While I agree Pence is an idiot, I have to wonder where you get your information. I live in Indiana and we've never had a Governor Brewer, nor have we ever had a female governor, although the past three Lt. Governors were women.

Sorry - governor Brewer vetoed a similar bill in Arizona.

And just to make it understood that Indiana is not populated by a majority of right-wing, teabagging, republitards, I'd like to point out that Indiana is split right down the middle politically. Under the old party system we've had 3 Democratic-Republican and 3 Whig governors, followed by 1 independent, 21 Democrat, and 21 Republican...

I think the local back-lash against Pence shows that quite well.

I think he wanted to throw some red meat to the national Republican primary voters, and in so doing, destroyed his support at home.

B.

Frenchgerman

Banned
Reaction score
They (the lawmakers) will not stop until they hurt where it hurts the most : in the money pocket.
Clarification is not enough inthis case ! The law must go !

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
They (the lawmakers) will not stop until they hurt where it hurts the most : in the money pocket.
Clarification is not enough inthis case ! The law must go !

The pocket and the ballot box!

For this kind of dangerous nonsense to end politicians need to feel it through a reduction in donations and votes.

B.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
The governor's damage control turned into a train wreck this morning.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score

Yes or no mutherfucker!

Say "George" again mutherfucker!

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
"should it be legal to discriminate against gays or lesbians" - that is the softest of soft balls. The fact that he couldn't get the two letters N and O out of his mouth proves what this bill is really about. That's compounded by his refusal to even comment on the two very reasonable proposed fixes.

This is about a right to discriminate, plain and simple, and by refusing to answer simple question he has proved his duplicity.

B.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Being an Indiana resident, I've found a way to defeat the "not so hidden agenda" of this measure, and in fact use it to my advantage...

Indiana may not have laws preventing discrimination against gays, but it does protect against religious discrimination. And this measure applies to ALL religions.

Therefore, as of today I am no longer Atheist. I am now a member of the cult of Antinous, "The Gay God"

As such, my homosexuality is a part of my religion and a Constitutionally protected right which cannot be legally discriminated against.

Take that you bible thumping fucking bigots...

stephenhaines

Reaction score
Even WalMart and NASCAR(!) are against it and have cowed Asa Hutchinson in Arkansas out signing that's state version today and say "um, maybe we'll slow this down and think some more."
It certainly feels like something is coming to a head with this, but whatever else, I'd be surprised if Pence's career isn't now stopped as far as it'll ever go.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Mike Pence has caved. He didn't even hold a press conference after he signed the fix, but so what, he signed the fix - http://refhide.com/?http://www.advo...e-signs-fix-religious-freedom-restoration-act

It is really a fix? Well, to my non-lawyer eyes it seems pretty darn clear:

This chapter does not: (1) authorize a provider to refuse to offer or provide services, facilities, use of public accommodations, goods, employment, or housing to any member or members of the general public on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or United States military services; (2) establish a defense to a civil action or criminal prosecution for refusal by a provider to offer or provide services, facilities, use of public accommodations, goods, employment, or housing to any member or members of the general public on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or United States military Service.

So - with the really dangerous bits out of the bill, it now strikes me as just a dumb idea, rather than a dumb idea with dangerous consequences.

The weed church still appears safe!

B.