• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What's Your Average Weekly Time Spent Online?

What's Your Average Weekly Time Spent Online?

• 1 to 8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 to 16

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 17 to 24

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 25 to 32

• 33 to 40

• 41+ (I may need an Intervention) :rofl:

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
The average American spends 24 hours a week online
MIT Technology Review | January 23, 2018

awmleer-421529.jpg

We’re using the internet far more than we used to. So says new data from USC Annenberg (PDF) about the digital lives of Americans.

Nearly always on: Since 2000, time spent online every week by an average American has risen from 9.4 hours to 23.6. Of that, time spent ogling the internet at home has risen from 3.3 to 17.6 hours a week over the same period. That’s a lot of screen time.

Smartphone addicts: The proportion of people accessing the internet from mobile devices has risen from 23 percent in 2010 to 84 percent now. Smartphone e-mail use jumped from 21 to 79 percent, and music streaming on phones soared from 13 to 67 percent. We love them smartphones.

Wider impact: The researchers note that 40 percent of people now think the internet plays an integral role in American politics. (Facebook seems to have just realized that.) Oh, and 62 percent say it’s important for maintaining social relationships. (Err, ditto.)

********** ********** **********​

I think I do spend about 24 to 30 or more hours online between my pc & my smartphone. It's worse than television ever was, lol. the internet has changed the fabric of society in such a short period of time.

What is you average weekly time spent online?

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score
I think I might need an intervention :rofl:

I'd say I spend about 6 hours a day on the computer at home but not all at one time.. That's not counting the phone :blushing:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
I think I might need an intervention :rofl:

I'd say I spend about 6 hours a day on the computer at home but not all at one time.. That's not counting the phone :blushing:

You know what I've always wondered...Having a puppy and working full-time...Not to mention your great (movie) posts...Jesus, when do you find time to sleep? :p

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Some hours in my office - if that will count. And in my private time perhaps 2 or 3 hours daily.

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score
You know what I've always wondered...Having a puppy and working full-time...Not to mention your great (movie) posts...Jesus, when do you find time to sleep? :p

Thanks for saying I have some great movie posts (I have some that are not so great too ;) )

I've been working where I have for almost 18 years now and I have some flexibility with the times that I go. I've found that on my heavier work load days it helps to go in overnight and do as much as possible. There are certain "fixed" times that I have to be there , however.
If I were not used to it, and just started at the age I am now, I think it would be a lot harder. ;)

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Consenting adults can do whatever they want in the privacy of their homes but interneting in public has become an antisocial menace.
Everyday I have to do an emergency stop for somebody standing in the middle of the road, headphones on, can't hear the car horns, too busy typing into a hand held screen, unaware that they were almost run over.
Same sort of addict will go into a shop, buy something and leave, without once lifting their eyes off the screen, never saying hello, please, thankyou or anything to the shop assistant, never even acknowledgeing that there is another human being on the other side of the counter.
Then there are the drivers who think that looking at facebook is more important than watching the road ahead. Time for a backlash.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Consenting adults can do whatever they want in the privacy of their homes but interneting in public has become an antisocial menace.
Everyday I have to do an emergency stop for somebody standing in the middle of the road, headphones on, can't hear the car horns, too busy typing into a hand held screen, unaware that they were almost run over.
Same sort of addict will go into a shop, buy something and leave, without once lifting their eyes off the screen, never saying hello, please, thankyou or anything to the shop assistant, never even acknowledgeing that there is another human being on the other side of the counter.
Then there are the drivers who think that looking at facebook is more important than watching the road ahead. Time for a backlash.

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

What you have written here is soooo true. Very often I can see in the morning hours pupils on their way to school. They are going mostly in a group of 5 on the sidewalk. Everyone has in his hand a smartphone. They are, so I think , schoolmates - but the don't talk together but each one is looking on his phone and is working with his fingers on it. Perhaps the have unlearnt to speak and instead they are texting. And every eyes are only to the phone. The same I've seen in restaurants. Couples are sitting there, eating and texting and no word. Horrible!!!

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

What you have written here is soooo true. Very often I can see in the morning hours pupils on their way to school. They are going mostly in a group of 5 on the sidewalk. Everyone has in his hand a smartphone. They are, so I think , schoolmates - but the don't talk together but each one is looking on his phone and is working with his fingers on it. Perhaps the have unlearnt to speak and instead they are texting. And every eyes are only to the phone. The same I've seen in restaurants. Couples are sitting there, eating and texting and no word. Horrible!!!

Speaking of pupils going to school : I came home from work in the morning one day (not when I usually arrive home) and saw all of these "pupils" standing at several bus stops near my house ...Most of them I had never seen in my life and had no idea they live nearby. I guess they are inside all day on their computers, smart phones, and things like that instead of outside playing like my generation used to do.

Anyway, each and every one of them were on their phones and none even looked up to notice my car coming down the street including one that was walking in the middle of the street going to the bus stop.... It's a little scary .

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Anyway, each and every one of them were on their phones and none even looked up to notice my car coming down the street including one that was walking in the middle of the street going to the bus stop.... It's a little scary .

Oh, yeah the me me me generation could be a real nightmare for drivers. The millennials are not looking before they cross the street, they are not crossing with the light and they are not looking at traffic...

But I heard that millennials themselves don't want you to call them millennials. So I call them zombies ;)

dy67h6uw4a.jpg

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Oh, yeah the me me me generation could be a real nightmare for drivers. The millennials are not looking before they cross the street, they are not crossing with the light and they are not looking at traffic...

But I heard that millennials themselves don't want you to call them millennials. So I call them zombies ;)

dy67h6uw4a.jpg

Haiducii again you have found and posted with one small pic the truth. :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score

dy67h6uw4a.jpg

That sign reminds me of a time about a year ago when I had to take my other half to the hospital.
My phone was on the charger and he was having chest pains so we of course left in a hurry. On the way to the hospital I didn't even realize I left my phone on the charger.
Anyway, they took him back to a room as soon as we got there so I had a seat in the waiting room.. Everyone around me was doing something on their phone... I started to feel awkward or "left out" and so I just stared at the television they had in the top corner of the walls.
Every once in a while someone would glance up at me for a split second and give me an odd look ....They were probably wondering why I was just sitting there watching television......