• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

DC Comic's new 52

ryan20bi

Reaction score
So, September is past and since there are a few comics readers on here I was wondering what any of you picked up from the relaunch and what your take on them was. Here's my 2 cents on some of the comics I picked up.

Justice League International: This was a solid read I suppose and the art by Aaron Lopresti was beyond solid. Yet, the comic in its entirety felt somewhat flat. Rocket Red provided some good banter but on the whole it wasn't what I expected from a comic labelled Justice League International.

Stormwatch: Everything about this comic remind me of a Wildstorm comic. A good one, not one of the slew of 90s ones. Some big ideas with the moon attacking Earth, some favourite characters such as Apollo, Midnighter and Martian Manhunter, definitely one I'm sticking with.

Hawk and Dove:
Wow, just no... I was chuffed to see these two returning in a book, could get over Liefeld on art yet it still disappointed. The story and art meshed together so badly reading it just managed to become a chore.

Suicide Squad:
For a comic that amounted to about 20 pages of torture and 2 pages of twist I'm left wondering what it exactly is that has me excited for the next issue, but I just am. Nothing amazing here, but the hook was adequate.

Red Hood & the Outlaws: I'm not going to contribute to the whole Starfire debate, but let me say I enjoyed the interaction between Jason Todd and Roy Harper. The rest with pasts in shadowy cults felt hackneyed, but damn, Rocafort's art is gorgeous.

Teen Titans: Brett Booth knows how to draw these characters but something about it felt too much like a loud 90s action film meeting a series from the CW.The first gay Titan will ensure that I stay onboard for a few more issues though.

Birds of Prey: One I only picked up to pass the time, but it might be among my favourites. Black Canary, a sort of neo-noir feel, it just seemed to fire on all cilinders...

So, anyone else pick anything up, hardcopy or digitally, or have anything to share on the complaints abou the overt sexualisation of Starfire, Catwoman and Voodoo, jump in :)

yank

Reaction score
Only got into some of the DC comics recently, so the new 52 was kinda handy for me to start off on. But taking up only 5 titles maybe more later on.
So far though im reading
Static Shock
Red lanterns
Legion of superheroes
Batman and Robin
Batwoman

Also picked up the A.U comics
Huntress as well as Penguin: Pain and prejudice (which is awesome!)
Any one else reading the same?

Tyromez

Reaction score
Its sad to hear that Static Shock is one of the new 52 that is going to end in April. I can't remember the ones there are a total of six that end in April. Hope they end them on a high note and bring them back in somewhere down the line.

ryan20bi

Reaction score
The others are OMAC :(, Men of War, Hawk and Dove, Mr Terrific and Blackhawks. I'll miss the old school OMAC but not too fussed about the others going. Also, 6 new titles will take their place so I guess DC is trying to stay on top of their line.