• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Protest/Politically Charged Song Recommendations

sammyyummy

HOPE: Hold On, Pain Ends
Reaction score
Hello.

What are your favorite protest/ politically-charged songs of which some have a bit of a hopeful tone towards the end?
Your recommendations would be appreciated.

Here are mine:
Dixie Chicks - Not Ready to Make Nice/ Easy Silence
System of Down - BYOB
Donny Hathaway - He Ain't Heavy/ Someday We'll All be Free
Nina Simone - Mississippi ^&*damn/ Young Gifted and Black/ I Wish I Knew How...
Billie Holliday - Strange Fruit
Tracy Chapman - Talkin Bout Revolution/ Behind The Wall
Sinead O Connor - Black Boys on Mopeds
Cranberries - Zombie
U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday/ One/ Pride
Marvin Gaye - What's Goin On/ Mercy Mercy.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name

This song makes the point that some members of the US police force were, and possibly still are, members of the Ku Klux Klan ("Some of those who wear forces are the same that burn crosses").

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'll contribute a protest song about 100 years old - and I'm absolutely certain you've heard it so many, many times before.

If there ever was a Swedish protest singer writing a song to catch on like wildfire, it most certainly was Joel Emmanuel Hägglund (1879-1915), born in the province of Gästrikland, Sweden, but emigrated to the US in his early youth as did 1.5 million other Swedes in the late 19th and early 20th century.

Now you'll say that you've never ever heard of Joel Emmanuel Hägglund - but you have most certainly heard of: Joe Hill. And you have heard of Pie in the Sky!

Joe Hill took - if I remember correctly - a catchy old Salvation Army song, wrote a completely new text to totally change the message.

I thought it would be appropriate to have one of the greatest American folksingers take on this very irreverent tune - Pete Seeger!

Last edited: