• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Venting & Frustration From the Job

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
Today was a day where I nearly came unglued at work. About two weeks ago one of the department managers quit suddenly opening up a position that I would have liked to have worked in. The department is right next to the one that I'm the manager of now, so when I can I occasionally help out when they get backed up and I have some time on my hands.

Well, the department that I'm the manager of I was promoted to back in May of 2017. It was a disaster when I walked in because they hadn't had a full time manager for about five months. All of the other department managers just kinda went over to give it a good kick when they had time to make sure it was stocked and the prices were right and what not.

So knowing that I was putting in for the position, I started to really help out the department that I wanted to go to as much as I could to show upper management that I really wanted the position. When I had my interview the other day the person that was conducting it was all hype about how he thought it would be a good fit, that is was a smaller department with a more set routine, and other good sounding stuff.

Today the interviewer let us know who got the job. I didn't get it. I know the person that did get the job because we have worked pretty close together for quite a while now.

I wasn't so mad about her getting the job over me, it was the reason that the interview gave for me not getting the department. He said that he didn't think I cared much for part of my department, didn't follow procedures, am always bouncing around the store with no clear focus.

:angry:WTF!!:angry:

I have a department that encompasses the entire floor plan of the store! It's actually two departments that are on opposite sides of the store from each other! And I work my ass off to make sure it's maintained. FUCK YOU if you don't think I give a damn!!

And what makes it all the worse is that the interviewer just took over the section of the store that I'm in at the beginning of the month! He hasn't come over to ask me how I run the department, or why it seems that I'm all over the store, or why it seems like I don't care about it. 'Cause I seem to be the only one that DOES care about it. I'm even a little anal about it.

Yes there are "procedures" that somebody in a corporate office somewhere dreamed up of how the department should work. I guarantee that that person has never worked a day in their life in the department. My previous manager sure didn't have an issue with the way that I was running it because I've never been written up, or even talked to, about it. Yea, it's a little off script, but I keep it running.

I just think "how dare he" give that reason for my not getting the position. You would have thought that if he thinks that I'm over my head with this large department that maybe a smaller one might be better suited to me! Fuck no! Let's keep him in the position where you don't think he's doing all that he can with the limited resources that he has to keep it all together.

Fuck me, I'm eating a pizza now. Sorry about the rant, but just had to get that off my chest. It's been giving me a headache from the pressure building in my head since our little meeting today.

FUCK!!

trencherman

Reaction score
I went on my own after I could no longer take working for somebody else. What I did not count on was on being the boss I had to tiptoe around people working for me. Am I glad I’m over all that. What I should have stuffed into my head at the time was I really did not need the approval of others and I certainly did not need to engage in the daily drama that seemed so important at the time.

Find a way to distance yourself from all these distractions.

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score
There are always staff favorites . ;)

Last edited:

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Souns like a lot of BS to me.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Dont blame yourself. Interviewing is a skill which the people doing it usualy don't have. Without specific training, it takes a concious effort to always test your assumptions, to be more objective and less subjective. In most organisations the ones doing the interviewing were themselves prompoted by someone who didnt know what they were doing and in that way the best candidates keep on being missed.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
As Trencherman said: I went on my own after I could no longer take working for somebody else. That was my way as well. But to be your own boss truly is not only heaven and much of money. It really means harder work than before. When you are working for someone you know at the end of the month surely you will get your pay-check. Now I have to earn my money and the money I have to pay to my staff. I have now to bear more responsibility than ever before. And my day starts in the office at 07:00 a.m and ends very often at 10:00 p.m.

If you are your own boss you always are dependent from your customers or from your clients - and again you are a dependent and you have to do what your clients want that you shall do. So you see every medal has a front and a back.

Nonetheless I can fully understand your anger and your total frustration about this insensitive superior.

I only can counsel to you as follows: make your work in the best way (or better!) you can and show your superiors that you are a fighter ... and believe me your day will come. Perhaps not tomorrow or the day after tomorrow - but it will come!

Go to your apartment, shout out loudly SHIT one, two, three, four times - it will take the pressure from your breast and somedays later the world is as normal as before.

I'll send you my love! (perhaps it will help -:) )

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement. It made me feel a lot better. It was a pretty tense day at work today though. For the majority part of the day I just avoided him as much as I could, and it seemed like he was trying to avoid me just as much.

Later in the day though we got to have a good sit down meeting. And it lasted almost an hour. I was able to explain to him why following procedures to the letter of the book don't exactly work in my department, and why I do things in the order that I do it. Why it seems like I'm running around the store all day. And why I felt like I was getting no support. It turns out that he actually apologized for jumping the gun on the procedures before asking me why I did it the way I did. I really got to let him know how I felt about the support I was getting (or lack thereof) and what I wanted to get answers to in order to make the department better.

So, overall, I'd say that it was productive and will lead to good things to come. Yea it probably cost me this promotion, I'll just agree with Shelter about working the best way that I can and show them that I am that fighter and want to move up. I'm sure there will be more opportunities in the future.

But yea, I do also want to work for myself too. I know just from the past of mowing lawns and cleaning pools (God, yes, I was a poolboy) that you feel so much better earning the reward on yourself rather than it handed to you.

My dad always tells me to find a job that I love to do and want to go do each morning and it wont be a job.

Thanks again for allowing me to rant. It took a load off.

trencherman

Reaction score
People don't quit their jobs, they quit bad bosses. This has been phrased in so may different ways and was certainly true in all cases throughout my working life. While it was happening I recall having self-doubt that I might have been too selfish, a bit unfocused and a tad haphazard in building a credible job resumé but I was single, not supporting a family and valued sanity of utmost importance in life so I quit as soon as friction with the boss started to heat up. Looking back now, I can encapsulate the series of disastrous encounters with bad bosses as simply my personal nature expressing itself, explosively reacting to toxic people.