• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

All Girl Reboot of "Lord of the Flies"

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
HERE is an interesting story that I just read about. Apparently someone has the "bright" idea of redoing Lord of the Flies with an all girls cast rather than the boys. OK? :eek:

I remember reading this one as assigned when I was in middle school, and it being the only assigned book that I actually enjoyed. OK, I enjoyed Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn too, I'll admit it. But I certainly CANNOT see this being done well with an all girls cast. Sure, I don't see a group of girls sitting down on the beach to play Barbie, but I don't see them doing half of what the boys did either.

In the article the author said that a group of boys is more like a scaled down version of society over what a group of girls would be. And I'd have to agree with that. Boys are just that...boys! The masculinity and hormones are going to come into play in this situation whether you are 40 or 14.

The book was great, the 1990 version of the movie is a work of art. I mean who wouldn't enjoy a life of living on the beach running around in just your underwear or less. Mine would be gone after the first day of getting them dirty. I don't care if I am trapped on an island with only one pair, after two days they are not going on again. lol.

It took me a while to find but the b/w version was just a lot more graphic than the 1990 one. Does anyone else think that society is becoming less liberal in the arts while saying they are more liberal in other areas?

If they were to make this movie the only reason I would watch it is to see how badly they shredded the book. It's been 27 years since the last movie. If you want to do a remake I'd be happy for it. Just be honest to the book, don't try to make the movie something that the book isn't. I wish more movies would be like that.

I am a big fan of the Maze Runner books for example. But when they did the casting for the movie all the boys were older than what their book counterparts were supposed to be? You can't tell me there were not enough boys to make that movie for the ages they actually were in the book!

So this one is going to be interesting to keep an eye on. An all-girl Lord of the Flies? We'll see just how well that works out.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
You don't know young girls at all do you? Hormonally charged girls are more viscous, manipulative, and evil than boys ever thought of being. Completely devoid of reason or compassion...

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
brmstn69
You don't know young girls at all do you? Hormonally charged girls are more viscous, manipulative, and evil than boys ever thought of being. Completely devoid of reason or compassion...

I agree they would be much worse.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Whisper

Crazy Bitch
Reaction score
Well, from woman's point of view... Sad but true, women can be the worst backstabbers you'll ever meet X_X

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
OK, I'm getting the feeling that I may have an unrealistic expectation of what I think a group of girls would be like. Guess I'm going to have to wait for the movie to find out.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'm not going to go down the lane to find out if girls are "better" or "worse" than boys - which in my opinion is a hopeless impossible question. Anyone can SAY anything about anything and anyone - which doesn't mean that what is said is even remotely meaningfull and even further from some kind of truth.

I think that my friend RazzmaTazz's original post begs another kind of question: Lord of the Flies was writer William Golding's first novel (published in 1954) and by a very long distance his most famous novel. There were two movies based on the novel, the first in 1963 directed by Peter Brook & the second in 1990 directed by Harry Hook.

In between these two movies Golding got the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1983 - and rest assured that this fact made people in the film industry interested in a re-make of Lord of the Flies. Movie re-makes are always a question of money & re-making can be very profitable in the sense that you've already got large parts of the advertising budget covered.

But what I want to talk about isn't just a matter of profits and business as usual; its rather a question of literary ideology: What kind of writer and what kind of literary work will help theater directors and movie directors to ask for a shipload of money to make yet another re-make, or a re-re-make or a re-re-re-make or...?

Well, what we need is one piece of Romantic Genius, since the Romantic Genius is the kind of person thought to produce Classical Masterpieces, and the Literary Classic is a material embodyment of Eternal Universal Values.

Hence - to cut some of the loftiest rhetoric - a Classic (novel or play) should be considered telling an always relevant story, so that's why you should give me the money for a re-make! Smart isn't it!

Is this necessarily bad? No, I don't think so, but - and this is a big BUT in my opinion - why don't you - mr. or mrs. Re-Maker - get on with telling a NEW story? Why should piggyback riding on somebody elses name and fame always be the nr One option?

I have nothing against making a movie or a play about a gang of girls, but I think it's very questionable to advertise this girl gang movie AS a cinematic re-make of William Golding's "Lord of the Flies". Cut the crap - Golding never wrote that novel and that in my opinion is the relevant argument.

Habukaz

Reaction score
The interesting question is was any all-female story turned into an all-male adaptation? I only ever see this going one way. It's okay for women and girls to play roles meant for men and boys but not the other around. That would be degrading or gay.

Superheroes change. Thor was (is?) a woman in the comics. Spider-Man was black. Iceman is gay. Yet the default version is always white straight male. Rather than changing roles, I'd much prefer new roles and new stories written to be in the spirit of this age. Not changing stories from another age.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
The interesting question is was any all-female story turned into an all-male adaptation?...

The obvious reason is that most film heroes are men. Women usually are cast as the girlfriend, wife or prostitute.

But maybe someday some lucky guy will get the lead in a remake of Gone With the Wind and get to sleep his way from the Civil War through Reconstruction.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
The obvious reason is that most film heroes are men. Women usually are cast as the girlfriend, wife or prostitute.

But maybe someday some lucky guy will get the lead in a remake of Gone With the Wind and get to sleep his way from the Civil War through Reconstruction.

They will never re-make "Gone With The Wind", it has been deemed politically incorrect and culturally insensitive. The original has even been removed from recent film festivals...:(

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score

They will never re-make "Gone With The Wind", it has been deemed politically incorrect and culturally insensitive. The original has even been removed from recent film festivals...:(

Whaaaaaattttt???? Is that really true? That is entirely brainsick! :angry:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
That is really unbelievable!! I have read this text and it gets my hackles up. Perhaps these "protesters" will demand as next the deprivation of the Oscars. And I can recommend to these idiots the actions of Mr. Goebbels: burnt up all copies of this "horrible" film on public places. Mr. Goebbels really would be very, very happy to have so wonderful followers in the USA! SHAME ON THEM!

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
That is really unbelievable!! I have read this text and it gets my hackles up. Perhaps these "protesters" will demand as next the deprivation of the Oscars. And I can recommend to these idiots the actions of Mr. Goebbels: burnt up all copies of this "horrible" film on public places. Mr. Goebbels really would be very, very happy to have so wonderful followers in the USA! SHAME ON THEM!

Just another symptom of the sickness that has infected the nation. I warned people long ago that while the former admin. made great strides in social equality, they were pushing their liberal agenda to hard and too fast and that would open the door to a new fascist movement, which in turn is now creating an extremist leftist movement. It was too much, too fast. And like you were taught in science class, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. For every right gained, something needs to be given. We get gay marriage, they get "Merry Christmas"...
Change takes time and despite what you want to believe, people don't really change, instead change comes with evolution. Every generation getting a little better than the one before it.

peter123

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Well, from woman's point of view... Sad but true, women can be the worst backstabbers you'll ever meet X_X

Womans point of view is always helpful and welcome^^ thx Whisper )

cban

Reaction score
I just hope they don't transpose male attributes onto the female characters.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
"Gone With The Wind" is one of the movies that should never be remade, just like the Wizard of Oz, Casablanca, It's a Wonderful Life, To Kill a Mockingbird and a few other pictures. Some classics are just inimitable.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
"Gone With The Wind" is one of the movies that should never be remade, just like the Wizard of Oz, Casablanca, It's a Wonderful Life, To Kill a Mockingbird and a few other pictures. Some classics are just inimitable.

:agree::agree::agree:

I'm totally with you in this question!!!