• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

When and how was your "Coming Out"?

trek

Reaction score
xman101 "If you don't fight you'll get nowhere!"
yup yup your right!!! but....still.....am alive:thumbs up:

Z

zach610

I know I'm jealous too. Most of you should consider yourself lucky, because your parents were cool with it. Some people have suck a hard time.

Z

zach610

I still haven't came out. I suppose I should. I think I would feel so much better. There is nothing worse than going through life, living a lie.

sweetuttsada

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
i think
we need to find a partner first b4 we come out...
if things turn out to be ugly......
at least we have somewhere to go ....

im hoping to find a soulmate...i believe in love
pray 4 me guys...so i can find true love

Z

zach610

thats a good point. At least if you have a boyfriend when you come out, you will have someone there if things got too bad.

Shonen

Super Vip
Reaction score
You know what guys, dont rush it. I am not out to my whole family, Only my dad and sisters know. I have not told my grandmother, it would break her heart. She is very old fashioned and is 86. She wont handle the new very well. I hear her talk so negative about gays, not as much as she used to because i think her view on us are changing.

My University is a Maritime Academy , there are guys and girls there. I was only out to one person and that was a girl. If I was fully out I would lose my chance for a commission in the Merchant Marines and discharged. I want to tell my college buds so badly but I cant, it would be the end of my future career. Thank You dont ask dont tell.

Any who , take your time, when its time to come out you will know.

Triz

Reaction score
I've only worked up the courage to tell my friends, who though shocked admitted to me im cooler gay, not quite sure how that works but I dont complain.

Im still biding my time to tell my parents, I cant tell how they will react, and it scares me. It doesnt help either that I would have to do it twice since they are divoriced.

But thats why I love my friends, if it goes south I have plently of shoulders to lean on.

toq10

Reaction score
I actually had my coming out 13 years ago (wow....do i feel old and I'm only 27).....asides the weird "don't have any pictures of men in your room, I don't want you influencing your little brother...", my mom actually said that she required proof...and then listed a bunch of stuff that she would not accept as proof.....the list basically consisted of everything that would prove my being gay....ahh well....sometimes Christianity can have a funny effect on people (my mom is devout Anglican....when she wants to be)

Shonen

Super Vip
Reaction score
who though shocked admitted to me im cooler gay, not quite sure how that works but I dont complain.
You know what I have gotten similar responses , like oh I could totally see it now or you always seemed a little different. Rarely do I get wow i would of never noticed.

silver_beta

Reaction score
i highly doubt my family knows but there's a small chance some of them suspect about it.
thank goodness my family aren't internet geeks, otherwise they could find my profile in gay sites, lol.

told 1 of my friend (girl) about 2 years ago ... she's alright with it. If only she's still single (already married and has 1 boy) and lives nearby it'll be a fun night out. :x

Shonen

Super Vip
Reaction score
Yeah the military sucks with that rule.

bloop2

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Mine, was when I was about 13 or 15 and it was just my mother and myself watching my favourite movies of all time. Sam I am.. and every time its on tv it reminds me of that day every time. I had nervously and shyly told my mom that I had something important to tell her and from this she knew that I was serious. I had looked at her straight in the eyes and I told her at that time because I was still finding myself that I was bisexual and from all the tense that i've built up I bursted into tears and for a while it was quiet and she had gone to the kitchen to take some time for herself, and had come back and said she doesn't care and that I am her son. Until officially I have been more open about my sexuality and telling my family that I am going to pride and such.. :) thats my story! :D

sweetuttsada

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
your story is an inspiration to me
someday i'll be free
someday..

bloop2

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Don't let anyone rush you sweet, you'll know when and then you'll be able to freely open up and tell everyone about who you truly are :)

dinaraukar

Reaction score
This thread is great. It's really awesome to read how everyone has different stories, and I really hope that the ones with no happy ending, its only because the happy ending is in the making...
So far, I'm out with some people. Family, friends and work (when I had one, haha). I am the kind of guy who really doesn't care what others think and who thinks that personal life goes in a different place that, let's say, work or school. But, it came a moment when I felt so lonely because of that: because I alienate myself from the others by not sharing some aspects of my life.
I mean, my best friend has been like five years with his girl, and they are getting married next year. In that time, I had a relationship that lasted almost two years and I never told him. Well, he knew I was seeing someone, but I never told him a thing about it. (It's sad, I know).
I've told some people, as I said. Some funny, some serious, and some really great and heartfelt responses. I told one of my friends (who has like the last-gen gaydar) in the bus we rode home everyday for a year; he said "You? I can't f·%·"n believe it. I always said you were the most heterosexual friend I have". Go figure. One of my friends, who were my professor back in junior high, told me that he always considered me as a son, and that he would always respect me and care for me (as long as I didn't mess it up, XD).
Not so long ago, I decided that I had to come out. One tuesday night of insomnia, I took my laptop and I wrote a two page letter, explaining everything. I showed it to one of my friends and she said that it was surgical: it left no room for errors (if you want, I can show it to you).
I gave that letter to my four-year-younger-evil-twinesque sister (I'm 25) she read it, went to my room and said "I suspected it. That's cool. Well written." Walked away from my room and like nothing had happened.
This story is on the making... I'll keep you posted. (Maybe I should open a tweeter account... naaah, never).

bloop2

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
You gotta be true to yourself, if you find people who accept you for who you are then your worth keeping them as friends if they give you trouble then they are not worth any more of your time ^_^

trek

Reaction score
Hi all, I continue to read all the stuff and in one hand am green with envy for those that came out, and the way they did it, good for you .....but in the other hand if I open my mouth is like literally putting a gun into my head.
Sure I suspect some will notice that am never around girls and things like that. Iam lonely must of my time and that's very hard for me, but if I tell idk what will I acomplish.

So think for me this is the way it's going to be...am happy that some of you have the guts to tell, and I hope you get a better life full with friends lots of friends

It's incredible but my best friends I have never seen in person "bloody life"

By the way whom ever got the idea of this section THANK YOU!!! helps lots:)