• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Florida Keys Vacation

tonib

Reaction score
Has anyone ever vacation at one of the gay resorts in the Florida Keys? I am considering going. Would you say it's worth it the money?

pointguy36

Reaction score
The Keys are not as "gay" as P-Town or San Francisco, but they are pretty open-minded sexually for both gay and straight folks. There is a large gay presence in certain areas and the resorts are pretty nice. The BIGGER question is the condition of these resorts after the hurricane. The lower Keys were hit pretty hard, you should definitely do some research to see how far these places have come with regard to restoration. Worth your money - I think so, I have been down there (Key West) half a dozen times and always loved it!

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Yes! Key West is definitely worth it. Key West is one of those unique places that have always welcomed and celebrated it's gay tourists and citizens. What is it that you are looking for?

It is, of course, a huge transitional time for the Conch Republic. The hurricanes affected every property, but last I saw 90% of the resort rooms were ready for the winter season. (The middle keys around Marathon are still pretty devastated.)

That being said, the islands are no longer lush with tropical greenery. I was in Key West a couple of weeks after Georges went through and the bare branches and stripped trees and bushes were shocking. But it all comes back in about six months.

tonib

Reaction score
Hi. Thank you both for your replies. In terms of what I am looking for, I'll set the scene. I am planning my first solo vacation. I want someplace that is welcoming, warm and friendly enough that while I am travelling solo, I don't feel alone. My favorite vacations have typically been to all inclusive resorts, but I don't want to go to one of those alone. I did a little research and found places like the Island house. It looks inviting, but expensive. Before I drop the coin to go, I just wanted someone else's opinion.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
You will definitely not feel alone at Island House. Back when I spent a lot of time in the island, Island House had a bit of a reputation as being one step above staying at a bath house. New owners have greatly upgraded the property making it feel more like a tropical resort and the rooms are now especially nice (which accounts for the higher prices). It is still clothing-optional and the sexual temperature is pretty high - especially around the hot tub, gym five-man shower and sauna. If you are looking for sexual adventure but in a classy setting, that is the perfect place. You can also get day or weekly passes to come us the pool and other facilities if you are staying somewhere else.

health-club500.jpg

Island House hot tub, adjoining the gym, sauna, and showers. Great place for a midnight dip if you can't sleep.

An alternative is Equator which is also clothing-optional, but not so much of a sexual destination. It's a smaller, more intimate place with a mix of couples and singles. (If you want to be more social, get a room overlooking the pool or sundecks.)

equator_400.jpg

Equator Resort with its pool and multiple levels of sundecks.

I suggest renting a bicycle. The island is flat and small and easy to get around. There are lots of gay bars and restaurants to visit, but I think the main point is that the whole island is gay-friendly and the gays are everywhere. As a matter-of-fact Key West is someplace the straights go to get a peek at we fabulous few at play.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Why I can't have my vacation on the Florida Keys???? Haaaaachh