• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Rand Paul: Gays Can Have A Contract But Can't Have An Actual Marriage

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
Poor Rand.
In his heart, he's a true libertarian. But he's running for president as a Republican.

He has to say these stupid things.

G

Gloomy_Sunday44

To think this idiot is the son of an awesome man like Ron Paul.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
Poor Rand.
In his heart, he's a true libertarian. But he's running for president as a Republican.

He has to say these stupid things.

I believed that about his dad, I honestly don't believe that about Rand. I think he just wants power for power's sake, and truly believes sod all :(

B.

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
His skepticism about American intervention is important.
No other Republican will engage this this viewpoint at all.

Even Hilary is more interventionist.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
His skepticism about American intervention is important.
No other Republican will engage this this viewpoint at all.

Even Hilary is more interventionist.

He really helped cement that point of view by choosing an Air Craft Carrier as the backdrop for his campaign launch :(

I don't believe he has any backbone - he'll do or say anything to get elected IMO.

B.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
Of course, historically, "traditional" marriage (and I am talking about thousands of years) was just that: a contract. It was 50% about controlling property (land, cattle, wives, children, slaves) and 50% about making advantageous political alignments with other families and tribes. After all, why fight for the land over the hill when you can just marry into it? The Hapsburgs built an ever-expanding European empire that lasted over 600 years mostly by marrying into whatever kingdom that they wanted to control.

That's what I think of when I hear people talking about "re-defining marriage". Hey, straight people, don't blame us - we weren't the ones that re-defined marriage to make it about love and relationship. You opened that door. We just walked through it.

Last edited:

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Of course, historically, "traditional" marriage (and I am talking about thousands of years) was just that: a contract. It was 50% about controlling property (land, cattle, wives, children, slaves) and 50% about making advantageous political alignments with other families and tribes. After all, why fight for the land over the hill when you can just marry into it? The Hapsburgs built an ever-expanding European empire that lasted over 600 years mostly by marrying into whatever kingdom that they wanted to control.

That's what I think of when I hear people talking about "re-defining marriage". Hey, straight people, don't blame us - we weren't the ones that re-defined marriage to make it about love and relationship. You opened that door. We just walked through it.

Exactly!

Any competent historian (let's take british historian Colin Morris, since he's a renowned expert on the most relevant period of European history, the high middle ages 1050-1250) can tell when and why the Roman church started trying to articulate and define it's own conception of marriage.

When? In the high middle ages, in particular from 1095 until about a hundred years later.

Why? Because a band of extremely power hungry bishops and popes - the so-called Gregorian Papalist movement - wanted to make the Papacy a monarchy. To succeed, forging a totally church controlled definition of marriage (defining the marriage as a sacrament), a set of ecclesiastical laws founded on this definition and a set of ecclesiastic courts with exclusive rights to handle marriage court cases was essential to the Gregorian strategy.

Before the Gregorian movement, kings and nobles married, got divorced and re-married according to their own likings. The church really got nothing important to say and do.

But in the Post-Gregorian marriage, it was the church who decided (in the canon law) who could and couldn't marry. And marriage was for life and eternity...