• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Do you belive in a GOD? just yes or no pls

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Did I ridicule or disrespect anyone in my comment? I only asked questions -- so, why am I getting preached at?

Dear friend Dale72 never ever it was my purpose to preach you in this or that form. And NO you haven't ridiculed or disrespected anyone in your comment.
The only thing is you seem to be a wildcat (like me :p)!

My comment: But one thing please! Respect all those who believe in God and never ever turn yourself into ridicule those who believe - and vice versa! was a generic plea to everyone here to be tolerant
towards all who believe in God and those who don't.

Sorry if I was misunderstood!

str8twinks

Banned
Reaction score
Dear friend Dale72 never ever it was my purpose to preach you in this or that form. And NO you haven't ridiculed or disrespected anyone in your comment.
The only thing is you seem to be a wildcat (like me :p)!

My comment: But one thing please! Respect all those who believe in God and never ever turn yourself into ridicule those who believe - and vice versa! was a generic plea to everyone here to be tolerant
towards all who believe in God and those who don't.

Sorry if I was misunderstood!

Not everyone here is a native English speaker, yet I understood you perfectly. Key phrase for the attentive reader was 'and vice versa'.

And you make a critical point. Sometimes I watch the old televised debates from the seventies on youtube, and I am struck by the cordiality and civilised tone. That's all gone now. Where is the 'progress' in that? A few decades sure can erode quality of dialogue. Everyone seems to have abandoned the art of compromise.

Last edited:

str8twinks

Banned
Reaction score
I do not have any kind of belief, for or against, in regard to things I can not scientifically prove. So in order to answer the question at hand, it is impossible for me to answer simply by yes or no. Do I believe a god exists? No. Do I believe there is no god? No. I am a pragmatic agnostic borderline ignostic.

That's a pretty high standard. Physicists theorise about the existence of parallel universes, dimensions we cannot physically access... but these are things that they cannot definitively prove. Even Richard Dawkins basically believes in aliens on other planets. He has no absolute scientific proof. But he can wonder and ponder and have his beliefs. Theory is important in and of itself. Similarly, there are instances where prove is simply not on the cards, but we pursue knowledge in certain fields regardless... will we ever gain even a real understanding of the million ways in which the human brain operates? Don't we just hope that someday we will? But it's not inevitable by any means. Should we, according to your standard, 'not have any kind of belief' about any of these issues?

The truth is you examined the matter of God, and more or less drew a 50/50 blank. You sit on the fence I suppose. But, maybe hop off the fence once in a while. Examine both sides. Wander in both directions. That might not amount to belief, but it would amount to wonder and a brave curiosity what will not shy away from the biggest mysteries of all. Are there other dimensions? parallel universes? Is there an ultimate source of existence? IS there something beyond the physical? Beyond the material? One thing is for sure, if we give up even asking and pondering, then we definitely will never obtain answers.

Of course you personally can avoid/dismiss the big questions. That is perfectly legitimate. Many do. But some keep on asking the big questions. So are they foolish, or brave? Which is it?

Of course if you want ask these big questions academically, how much funding will you get? But that is another question. If they can spend millions sending men to the moon, which has no resources we can use, practically speaking, surely they fund some other 'crazy' ventures. But then again, the trip to the moon has value as propaganda, and the technologies involved had potential for military application. Apparently a question like: 'why is there something, instead of nothing?' has no application? I don't believe so, do you?

Last edited:

str8twinks

Banned
Reaction score
"The very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream," to quote Guildenstern.;-)

NeverCD

Banned
Reaction score
I came to my conclusion after decades of existentialism and realized that since there is not one evidence one way or the other, having an opinion is meaningless. When scientists advance an opinion, they either have found some data, otherwise, they are purely and simply sabotaging their research because of their bias. I've had my opinions one way, the other: all meaningless. Scientists are only observing the natural world, so of course, they will continue researching for the unknown, since the answer lies within the laws of the known universe. As for the rest, tl:dr. I've been called a fence sitter only by strangers who have no clue how I came to my conclusion and who can't understand that not everything requires to have an opinion in favor or against, especially if it is impossible to get any kind of data about its existence or nonexistence. That is called humility.

"Wisest is he who knows that he does not know."

I still thinks it's healthy to try. Like cycling down a road knowing you will never reach the end of it as it is infinite. Eventually you have to spin the bike around and come back home. But at least you got the exercise!

NeverCD

Banned
Reaction score
I've done the exercise for decades. I rather find roads that lead somewhere.

Yes but do they provide answer to the most fundamental as yet unanswered questions? Each persons travels the road in a different way and gains a different perspective.

Can you tell us a bit more in detail about your decades of traveling these roads? In all those decades there must have been a few insights at least... or do you consider those decades a failure, decades robbed from you that you will never get back?:thinking: All a big waste of time? There must have a been a thousand-million insights along the way. PErhaps you forgot them all. Memory only retains snapshots in the end. What are your snapshots?

ERICOOL85

Shadow Treader
Reaction score
for a simple yes or no, the question must be rephrased to, do you believe in a God?
to wich, i would answer yes, just not the Judeo-Christian Version of a God