• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Supreme Court REJECTS Appeal By Anti-Gay Kentucky County Clerk Kim Dav

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:
KIM.jpeg

The Supreme Court on Monday ruled against the Kentucky county clerk who has refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses, and the clerk will arrive at work Tuesday morning to face her moment of truth. Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis will have to choose whether to issue marriage licenses, defying her Christian conviction, or continue to refuse them, defying a federal judge who could pummel her with fines or order that she be hauled off to jail. “She’s going to have to think and pray about her decision overnight. She certainly understands the consequences either way,” Mat Staver, founder of the law firm representing Davis, said on Monday, hours before a court-ordered delay in the case expired. “She’ll report to work tomorrow, and face whatever she has to face.” A line of couples, turned away by her office again and again in the two months since the U.S. Supreme Court legalized gay marriage across the nation, plan to meet her at the courthouse door.
supremes.jpg

She needs to resign or go to jail!

Last edited:

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
And on Monday she again refused to issue marriage licenses. The 6th Circuit court of appeals has the next line in this piece of theater. They will order a hearing on whether she should be held in contempt of court. Everyone will make the same arguments again, and then she will go to jail.

Why did her attorneys send her down this road that inevitably ends with her in prison? All she has to do is resign (before the contempt of court charges) and she can keep her integrity and go do something else. There are no more appeals at this point, only consequences. :thinking:

Update: Too late; the court has already asked her to appear.

Last edited:
S

smallsleepyrascalcat

Are you familiar with the religious concept of a martyr?

That's why.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score

That's why.

I think you're on to something there. I'm not sure she'll succeed in being seen that way, but I'm sure that's the end-game she is aiming for.

The hubris of placing yourself above the highest court in the land is remarkable.

Again, her oath of office clearly means nothing to her. She swore to server the people and uphold the laws and the constitution.

She does not hold a religious office, her favourite imaginary friend does not get to tell her who does and does not have equal rights under the law!

B.

jjjack

Reaction score
Cults

Why can't she just take the day off and have a sub issue the license? Does the license require her signature or the signature of whoever issues the license? Seems like that would be a simpler solution, but I suppose it would require taking a lot of days off. LOL

I wonder what this world would have been like without cults? To my way of thinking, practically all sects and all major religions are cultic in one way or another, usually in many ways:

1. The “us vs. them” mentality: everyone outside the inner circle is doomed, pagan, the “other,” and worthy of condemnation, excommunication, shunning. This, my friends, does NOT promote conflict resolution. Just the opposite. It has been a major cause of vicious, murderous conflict throughout the ages!

2. Fearmongering. It comes in many forms: a steady diet of apocalypticism (“the end is coming soon”); threats (“if you don’t believe and do as we do, you will suffer horribly FOREVER”); etc.

3. Superstition. Ever since we were hunter-gatherers living in small tribes, shamans, witch doctors, priests, pastors and hucksters have preyed on our natural uncertainties by encouraging us to “look out” for this, that, and the other thing (“it COULD happen”). This is how they made their “living” (accepting or demanding offerings). Sadly, many of these so-called “leaders” were misfits who, for one reason or another, couldn't hunt or fight alongside the other men. Perhaps they were disabled, or perhaps they were weaklings, or perhaps this role was a way for gays to avoid being killed or left behind. Whatever the case, uncertainty about things we can never know is a natural form of honesty. It's too bad we can't simply embrace it for what it is. We shouldn't have allowed "leaders" with ulterior motives to stomp on our honesty and tell us it was bad. For too long, it seems, cults and religion have been "safe havens" for so-called sexual misfits.

4. Political and economic power. This is one of the worst cultic qualities. Alliances are formed between cultic leaders and other sectors of society. As a concept, separation of church and state was designed to counter such excesses. How successful it has been remains to be seen.

5. Sexual nay-nays. This has been a biggie. Sometimes I think its origins were simply old farts who didn't want young studs to have the same good time the older ones had when they were young. Turning everything sexual into a taboo was certainly a form of political control. Spiritually speaking, it is also incredibly reductive. When all of the other purposes of a cult have fallen away or been forgotten, the believers will cling mightily to their sexual bugaboos and try to force them on everyone else. A gay person like myself has to wonder, What the hell is taboo about an erection? Or cum, for that matter? Such things are natural as natural can be for men. Rubbing cocks and sharing cum seems so completely natural to me. How did it ever become so taboo way back when?

Tribes discovered farming and farms allowed towns to develop and populations to grow. Large, complex societies made sexual naturalness ever more "dangerous" (due to disease, the need for order, etc.) and they turned everyone's sexuality into something unnatural and unhealthy. It's sad.

I’m sure we all could add many more negative qualities that characterize cults. All of these qualities presuppose and create an atmosphere of intolerance, suspicion, and warlike behavior.

Martyrdom and dying for the cause just seals the deal. It justifies all the negativity and destructiveness found in cults and passes it on to the next generation. It’s disgusting.

By being a cultic zealot, perhaps this woman is sublimating a tendency towards lesbianism. Or perhaps she simply wants power. It’s still basically a man’s world and women often fight for power any way they can. It seems to me that women have been using cults and religion for centuries to wield power over men. Too many of them seem like bull dykes who lead their milquetoast husbands around by the nose. They use the “moral force” of cultic tenets to wield power over men and too often to manipulate them into staying in a marriage that is simply not working. Sexual politics, sexism, homophobia, heterosexism, etc.—so many of these things operate to keep men from actualizing their true selves. I have thought for years that the primary enforcers of homophobia have been women, not other men. It has always seemed to me that other men have gone along with this “moral” code just to save face with their mothers, wives, sisters, etc. I have always figured that if men felt free to embrace whatever natural homosexual urges they experience, they would do so freely and gladly.

Last edited:

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score

That's why.

I think you're on to something there. I'm not sure she'll succeed in being seen that way, but I'm sure that's the end-game she is aiming for.

The hubris of placing yourself above the highest court in the land is remarkable.

Again, her oath of office clearly means nothing to her. She swore to server the people and uphold the laws and the constitution.

She does not hold a religious office, her favourite imaginary friend does not get to tell her who does and does not have equal rights under the law!

B.

Martyrdom only works when people actually give a fuck that you've suffered...

cban

Reaction score
Divorced 3 times. Under Biblical law she should have been stoned to death years ago.

mrpiz

Super Vip
Reaction score
They need to throw her son in there with her, as one of her deputies he refuses also. Maybe they would make beautiful baby together.

flikhem

Reaction score
One of the best comments I've read on this:
"Lady, you're not Rosa Parks--you're the bus driver!"

jjjack

Reaction score
More drama

A judge released her from jail today on the condition that she refrain from "interfering, directly or indirectly," with issuance of marriage licenses to all legally eligible partners. But outside the jail, her lawyer basically promised she would continue to "follow her conscience," whatever that means. Does it mean she will defy court orders again? Or does it mean she will sit in her office and let her deputies issue the licenses in proper fashion? The drama continues.

This was the best reader's comment I could find today:

I'll keep asking this question: Would her defenders still stand with her if Davis was a Muslim and objecting on religious grounds? More likely they'd be screaming bloody murder about the infringement of Sharia Law on American Society....which is basically what she is advocating, only we find the prophet she follows a more appealing one than the other guy. Otherwise, no difference.​

This comment is pretty hilarious:

Has anyone asked if she was in the slammer long enough to become gay?​

Last edited:

mrpiz

Super Vip
Reaction score
The nuts are outside the courthouse

crazy_people.jpg

chgotop

Reaction score
She is utterly unbelievable in all of her adulterous, multi-marraige hypocrisy.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
... and now, Ms. Kim Davis in "The Cell Block Tango" from the musical Chicago.

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
A former member of the Justice Dept. during the Obama admin. (and now a prof at the Univ. of Michigan School of Law) tells of an easier, less dramatic way to discipline Kentucky clerk Kim Davis and do so without making her a martyr or making her case a cause celebre for anti-gay fundamentalist Christians:

http://anon.projectarchive.net/?htt...ould-have-gone-jail?google_editors_picks=true

Interesting - I think things would indeed have gone better had the judge gone down that road.

B.

fkboy1

Reaction score
I just don't understand all this drama!! That creature just needs to hear 2 words...."YOU'RE FIRED"....and that would be the end of story!! Why is this trash getting so much attention....none of which it deserves.....and why are the authorities wasting time??? Just fine that loon a couple of million bucks and kick out its sorry ass!

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
I just don't understand all this drama!! That creature just needs to hear 2 words...."YOU'RE FIRED"....and that would be the end of story!! Why is this trash getting so much attention....none of which it deserves.....and why are the authorities wasting time??? Just fine that loon a couple of million bucks and kick out its sorry ass!

A lovely idea - but you can't just fire elected officials - that's why this because a story at all - if this had been an employee she would indeed have been fired.

B.