• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Rick Perry accuses gay Texas A&M student of stealing election

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
'Does the principle of "diversity" override and supersede all other values of our Aggie Honor Code?'
23804015d9405420ce34e8e71d65a1e1ccb169e7.jpg

US Secretary of Energy Rick Perry is accusing Texas A&M University of rigging its student body elections so a gay student could be president.

Bobby Brooks made history as the the first openly gay student body president at the university and Perry, a former governor of Texas, is taking issue with how it all happened.

Brooks was the second-highest vote-getter but declared the winner when the school administration and and Student Government Association disqualified the original winner.

Robert McIntosh was disqualified for not providing receipts for glow sticks used in a campaign video. He had appealed charges of voter intimidation which were later dismissed on appeal.

‘Brooks’ presidency is being treated as a victory for “diversity,”‘ Perry writes in the Houston Chronicle. ‘It is difficult to escape the perception that this quest for ’diversity’ is the real reason the election outcome was overturned. Does the principle of “diversity” override and supersede all other values of our Aggie Honor Code?’

Perry went on to write that McIntosh was essentially being discriminated against because he is a white male.

‘Every Aggie ought to ask themselves: How would they act and feel if the victim was different? What if McIntosh had been a minority student instead of a white male? What if Brooks had been the candidate disqualified? Would the administration and the student body have allowed the first gay student body president to be voided for using charity glow sticks? Would the student body have allowed a black student body president to be disqualified on anonymous charges of voter intimidation?’

McIntosh wrote in the student newspaper that he is ‘humbled’ by Perry’s support. He is the son of a prominent Republican fundraiser in Dallas who campaigned for Donald Trump.

Amy Smith, spokeswoman for Texas A&M, said in response to Perry’s claims: ‘The disqualification of the leading vote-getter resulted in the certification of Bobby Brooks as the next Student Body President effective April 21, 2017. To suggest that the same decision of disqualification would not have been made if the roles were reversed is to deny the Texas A&M of today where accountability applies to all.’

GLAAD President Sarah Kate Ellis was more blunt in her reaction to perry inserting himself into the situation:

‘It takes a lot of nerve for 67 year old Secretary Perry to bully a college junior for fairly winning an election,’ she wrote on Twitter.

‘As a mother who works daily to protect children, I am disgusted that a father like Secretary Perry would stoop this low. Some advice for Secretary Perry: Kids like Bobby Brooks are the future, and should be encouraged, not harassed.’

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Update to original story

23815049a6630cb99d4403a5ee48b605cd210a1a.jpg

The political drama over the election of Texas A&M University's first openly gay student body president continues.

In a letter signed Friday, Bobby Brooks invited Rick Perry to a meeting after the energy secretary challenged the 21-year-old's victory in the election for student body president.

Perry, who is also an Aggie, wrote an op-ed in the Houston Chronicle last week that called Brooks' election into question. He accused Brooks' supporters of "dirty campaign tricks" to disqualify his rival Robert McIntosh, who was denied the presidency over a charge that he omitted donated glow sticks used in a promotional video from a campaign finance report.

McIntosh had also been accused of voter intimidation in anonymous complaints, Perry wrote, but a student court tossed those charges.

The former governor of Texas and U.S. presidential candidate wrote in the op-ed that McIntosh had unfairly lost the election to Brooks due to "this quest for 'diversity.' "

Brooks, who is scheduled to take office April 21, didn't address Perry's allegations in a letter published online in student newspaper The Battalion and in the website of LGBT advocacy group GLAAD, but he thanked Perry for his interest in the university "we both love so much."
2381505056cea722d267d5d99e7f79903f02d6de.jpg

23815053df8a53ecdae45df794f89c5f7a1c96a4.jpg

"It was heartening to see that you described yourself as 'proud' that the student body at your Alma Mater will be led for the first time in our history by a member of the LGBTQ student community," Brooks wrote. "I am indeed proud to be an openly gay student, and I share your pride that my fellow students see my sexual orientation as a simple matter of fact — not something that compromises my qualifications."
Rick Perry questions presidential election results — at his alma mater

In his letter, Brooks told Perry that they share the view that all students should be honored and respected.

"I would like to invite you to come to Texas and meet with my team and me as we take office later this month to discuss how we can work together to achieve our common vision," Brooks wrote. "We have many students on this campus from all walks of life, whose perspectives I would care to share with you."

Brooks also offered to travel to Washington instead to meet with Perry and "speak about the important issues you raised in your op-ed."
Code:
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/higher-education/2017/03/26/perry-doubted-win-legitimate-now-texas-ams-first-gay-student-president-wants-meet
This is huge news in Texas.This is where many of the good ole boy network and Southern Baptists that use State schools have always sent their sons to be educated in Texas because UT had to many Gays and non whites. Texas A&M has been sacred to them as the place for Real men. This is a sign of hope for Texas.:thumbs up::cheers:
I bet he is more a Man then most if not all of the haters.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
So, a republiCUNT is complaining about a candidate who didn't win the popular vote taking office...

There are so many things I want to say but can't, I just can't... This is physically painful!