• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Marco Rubio: Being Gay Isn't A Choice

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Marco Rubio said Sunday that he believes sexual orientation isn't a choice, but he is opposed to courts deciding on marriage for same-sex couples. "I believe that sexual preference is something that people are born with," he said on CBS's "Face the Nation." Rubio also said that he believes marriage should be "between one man and one woman" but insisted "it's not that I'm against gay marriage." States have always regulated marriage, and if a state wants to have a different definition, you should petition the state legislature and have a political debate," he said. "I don't think courts should be making that decision, and I don't believe same-sex marriage is a constitutional right."

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
To my mind, believing sexual orientation is innate, AND believing gays should have no rights is actually MORE immoral, and MORE detestable than justifying discrimination based on a belief that sexual orientation is a choice. The latter is ignorant and wrong, while the former is simply cruel.

As for the courts having no role in defining marriage - even a teeny tiny peripheral awareness of American history will tell you that it was the courts who gave America interracial marriage in 1967.

In fact, when it comes to most forms of civil rights, it is the courts not the legislators that deliver, because majority rules is notoriously bad at protecting the rights of minorities, that is literally why the founding fathers invented the concept of separation of powers. The courts are not behaving counter to the intentions of the founding fathers, their independence, and their duty to protect ALL American citizens is actually fundamental to the design of America.

B.

trencherman

Reaction score
That’s the feature of a political party whose members cherry pick science, the bible and the constitution. Their leaders twist themselves into knots trying to appeal to their benighted constituents.

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
These Republicans are HOPING the supreme court rules for gay rights in the upcoming ruling.
They know they are talking foolishness, but they can't stop.
Once the ruling comes out, they can move on to other subjects.

At least Rubio is a hottie. If he campaigns naked, he might get my vote. Otherwise, I'll hold my nose and vote for Hillary.

garth33

Super Vip
Reaction score
These Republicans are HOPING the supreme court rules for gay rights in the upcoming ruling.
They know they are talking foolishness, but they can't stop.
Once the ruling comes out, they can move on to other subjects.

At least Rubio is a hottie. If he campaigns naked, he might get my vote. Otherwise, I'll hold my nose and vote for Hillary.

Tuna Helper!:p
g

SophieSweets

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
My Take on these kind of debates... Even if it WAS a choice (And I am Bisexual, so I guess I technically do 'have a choice')... what right does any Government or authority have to decide which Gender I marry?
Authoritarian Church Morality dressed up as Traditionalism...

trencherman

Reaction score
...Otherwise, I'll hold my nose and vote for Hillary.

May I remind everybody that the last time we held our noses and voted for John Kerry resulted in a disaster, a dyslexic sporting half a brain was elected for another term. You fight for a party that reflects your convictions and advances your interests. You vote for the person who would best promulgate your party's policy. You do all your might to prevent the other party from winning.