• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Years and Years (British Electronica Band)

Cute Prince101

Super Vip
Reaction score

Years & Years are a British electronica trio founded in London. The band consists of frontman and keyboard player Olly Alexander, bass guitarist Mikey Goldsworthy, and keyboardist Emre Türkmen. Years & Years' music has been described as electropop, mixing R&B and 1990s house elements, with Flying Lotus, Diplo, Radiohead and Jai Paul being their core influences. Their single, "King", reached number 1 on the UK Singles Chart, while their later single "Shine", reached number 2.

The band was formed in 2010, after Goldsworthy moved to London from Australia and met Türkmen online. Shortly afterwards, Alexander joined the band as lead vocalist after Goldsworthy heard him singing in the shower. The band was originally a five-piece group, with Noel Leeman and Olivier Subria. Leeman left the band in 2013.

Years & Years' first single, "I Wish I Knew", was released in July 2012 on the Good Bait label, with the band performing as a five-piece group. In 2013, the group signed to the French label Kitsuné Records as a three-piece and released their second single, "Traps", in September 2013. Their third single, "Real", was released by Kitsuné in February 2014 and its music video featured an appearance by Alexander’s Peter and Alice co-star, Ben Whishaw, and the former Misfits actor Nathan Stewart-Jarrett. In 2014, the group signed to Polydor Records and released their fourth single, "Take Shelter". The EP reached number 1 on the iTunes UK Singles Electronic Chart. In December 2014, the group's fifth single, "Desire", was released, peaking at No. 22 on the UK singles chart. In January 2015, Years & Years' sixth single, "King", was previewed on BBC Radio 1 and selected as Zane Lowe's Hottest Record of the day. In March 2015, the single reached number one on the UK Singles Chart. In January 2015, Years & Years won the prestigious BBC Sound of 2015 award. Years & Years were also nominated for the Critics Choice Award at the Brit Awards in 2015.[13] "King", released on 1 March, reached number one on the UK Singles Chart on 8 March 2015. On 18 March 2015, Years & Years announced their first album, Communion. It was released on 10 July 2015 by Polydor and entered the UK Albums Chart at number 1.

Here is a Music Video of there's called "Shine" :)

peter123

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Years & Years are a British electronica trio founded in London. The band consists of frontman and keyboard player Olly Alexander, bass guitarist Mikey Goldsworthy, and keyboardist Emre Türkmen. Years & Years' music has been described as electropop, mixing R&B and 1990s house elements, with Flying Lotus, Diplo, Radiohead and Jai Paul being their core influences. Their single, "King", reached number 1 on the UK Singles Chart, while their later single "Shine", reached number 2.

The band was formed in 2010, after Goldsworthy moved to London from Australia and met Türkmen online. Shortly afterwards, Alexander joined the band as lead vocalist after Goldsworthy heard him singing in the shower. The band was originally a five-piece group, with Noel Leeman and Olivier Subria. Leeman left the band in 2013.

Years & Years' first single, "I Wish I Knew", was released in July 2012 on the Good Bait label, with the band performing as a five-piece group. In 2013, the group signed to the French label Kitsuné Records as a three-piece and released their second single, "Traps", in September 2013. Their third single, "Real", was released by Kitsuné in February 2014 and its music video featured an appearance by Alexander’s Peter and Alice co-star, Ben Whishaw, and the former Misfits actor Nathan Stewart-Jarrett. In 2014, the group signed to Polydor Records and released their fourth single, "Take Shelter". The EP reached number 1 on the iTunes UK Singles Electronic Chart. In December 2014, the group's fifth single, "Desire", was released, peaking at No. 22 on the UK singles chart. In January 2015, Years & Years' sixth single, "King", was previewed on BBC Radio 1 and selected as Zane Lowe's Hottest Record of the day. In March 2015, the single reached number one on the UK Singles Chart. In January 2015, Years & Years won the prestigious BBC Sound of 2015 award. Years & Years were also nominated for the Critics Choice Award at the Brit Awards in 2015.[13] "King", released on 1 March, reached number one on the UK Singles Chart on 8 March 2015. On 18 March 2015, Years & Years announced their first album, Communion. It was released on 10 July 2015 by Polydor and entered the UK Albums Chart at number 1.

Here is a Music Video of there's called "Shine" :)

I like it :big hug:

jeansGuyOZ

Smartarse from Down Under
Reaction score
It's not bad, though to me it has a very generic sound, much like a lot of today's pop. If I heard it in a club, I would enjoy it while it played, maybe tap my feet or shake my arse to it, and five minutes after it finished i would have forgotten it.

I generally find this with anything labelled "Electronica"; however there are a few electronic artists/bands that I really like, hence I have learned not to be dismissive of the genre as a whole.

mikk33

Reaction score
olly alexander is an out gay man. he recently made a bbc documentary to celebrate 'pride'. it's about his mental health struggles and coming to terms with his public/private persona.
in one respect there is the concept of 'electronica' as being a one-trick pony, but its emphasis in gay pop in the 1980's and 'house' music, means it should be re-examined and explored for a new generation of listeners. it also makes it /mainstream' and exposes more people to the ideas behind and within it.
I like the band and the first album and I am an old fart, so onto the difficult second album.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Years & Years - Hypnotised (Preview)

Years & Years have shared a new song Hypnotised in a short film for H&M x Erdem, directed by Moulin Rouge's Baz Luhrmann.

Finally, I've missed them! Hope they will come back with their 2nd album next year :nail biting:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Years & Years - Sanctify

After a short break, the 'King' hitmakers are back with new music. 'Sanctify', their new single, is a rousing number that takes Years & Years' signature dance-pop sound into new and exciting realms. Percussion-heavy verses explode into a euphoric chorus that uses religious metaphors to describe sex, lust and love. :blushing: