• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Recipes To Share

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I searched for a thread to share a great recipe but I guess there isn't one already so I'm starting this one.

Feel free to add your own or someone else's you like.

WU0713_Caramel-Brownies_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.jpeg

Caramel Brownies

Ingredients

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, plus more for greasing pan
5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Half of a 14-ounce can dulce de leche
Powdered sugar, for sprinkling

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking pan (a square pan will result in thicker brownies).

In a medium-large saucepan, melt the butter with the chocolate over low heat, whisking occasionally until smooth and melted. Sprinkle in the cocoa powder and whisk to combine. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.

Stir in the granulated sugar and vanilla until just combined. Stir in the eggs. Gently stir in the flour until halfway incorporated. Pour the batter (it will be very thick!) into the prepared pan.

Place the dulce de leche in a glass bowl. Warm it in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Drop large dollops of dulce de leche on the surface of the brownie batter. Use a knife to slowly swirl it through the batter. Don't drag the knife sideways through the batter; hold it so the thin side of the knife leads the way.

Bake for 40 minutes, then check the brownies with a toothpick. If they are overly gooey/messy, return to the oven for 5 to 10 more minutes (just be careful not to burn the edges). Allow to cool completely (important!), then sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into small squares.

Cook's Note

When warm, the brownies will seem overly gooey/soft. As they cool, they will firm up. (Brownies are best several hours after baking, or even the next day!)

waistingmytime

Re-Post City
Reaction score

Brownie Fries

prep 15 mins. cook 20 mins. total 35 mins.

Ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
10 oz chocolate, melted (semi-sweet or dark)
Fleur de Sel or Maldon salt
Instructions

Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler. Mix the sugar and eggs together, then add to the melted chocolate.
Stir in the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture and mix until there are no lumps. Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread evenly.
Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes, or until no longer jiggly. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Cut into thin fry-like shape (I cut the pan in half lengthwise, then several times the opposite way.) Optionally freeze the fries on a baking sheet to make it easier to dip in the chocolate.
Melt the 10 ounces of chocolate over a double boiler. Coat each of the brownie fries with the melted chocolate and then sprinkle with the salt. Leave to harden on a wax sheet.

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score
Crunchy Corn & Pea Salad

This one is great for picnics or potlucks and it is so simple. Recipe easily doubles for large gatherings -- or some to take and some to keep!

Salad:
1 pound frozen sweet peas
11 ounces frozen sweet or white corn
8 ounces water chestnuts, drained & rinsed; diced
4 ounces diced pimentos, drained
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
3 1/2 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese, diced (2/3 c)
(I usually do one-third pepper jack cheese {for some kick} and two-thirds Monterrey or Cheddar)

Ingredients:
1/3 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove minced (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Garnish, if desired:
4 ornamental kale leaves or curly lettuce
1 green onion
1 small red bell pepper

Directions:
1. Cook peas until crisp-tender as directed on the package. [Note: I usually steam the peas and corn, just a few minutes shy of recommended cook time and set the steamer basket into ice water. They retain nutrition, color, and crunch.] Drain; rinse with cold water to cool. In a large bowl, combine peas and all remaining ingredients. Mix well.
2. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Mix well. Add to salad; toss and mix. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled. [Overnight is better, the flavors have a chance to meld and mellow.]

Optional
3. Line individual salad plates or serving bowls with kale. Spoon salad onto kale. Garnish with green onion and bell pepper.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Great idea for a GH thread!!! It's a pity I don't have much to share when it comes to recipes, but I like to read & to imagine how tasty this is gonna be...

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Easy Meatloaf

Easy Meatloaf

682282.jpg

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds ground beef Ground Beef 80% Lean
1 egg
1 onion, chopped
1 cup milk
1 cup dried bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste

Glaze
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/3 cup ketchup

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.

In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.

This simple meatloaf recipe may be simple and inexpensive but it is delicious. My partner loves it and so do I!

tip: we like to cook ours an extra 15 minutes but my sister in law sticks with the 1 hour.

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
I tried to make an Apple Crisp today and it didn't go so well. It smelled great, so I thought it was going well, but when it came out of the oven it was a bit of an unedible mushy mess. Better luck next time. At least the apartment got to smell like warm apple pie all afternoon.

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
Cheaters No Knead Dutch Oven Sourdough Bread

Recipe

OK, I'm guilty as sin for liking to eat. Thanks to W!nston for starting this thread!! Besides looking at all the cute guys all over the internet, my 2nd best thing to do is look at all the food on the internet. I may not have made all of these that I share yet, but doesn't mean I wont. Right now they are ones that I've been drooling over. Hope you guys enjoy as much as I do.

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
Apple Butter BBQ Pork Chops

Recipe

Though the pork chops look amazing I could just eat the dish of rice.

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
No Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Parfaits

Recipe

Maybe this is the type of think I should do in the kitchen: No Bake Can't hardly mess that up, can you?

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Mushrooms and White Wine Cream Sauce

Recipe

Damn! If the name alone doesn't make your mouth water you're inhuman! Forget how hard this probably is, I don't want to know how much it would cost. This is the kind of thing I would usually go out to a good restaurant for.

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
1-Hour Cinnamon Rolls

Recipe

Every time I get a chance I get to a Cinnabon I usually stop. My friends joke that I should really have some cinnamon roll with my frosting.

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
Starbucks Copycat Recipe Unicorn Frappuccino

Recipe

By all rights I should weigh about 300 pounds and have rotting teeth, but I do like my sweet things.

pointguy36

Reaction score
OMG. nearer to thee. Is that fondant, white chocolate or a combination of both?

usually cinnamon rolls are topped with with a "frosting" made up of powered sugar, milk, melted butter and vanilla - at least in the US!

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Southern Cornbread Dressing

If you are having roast turkey or chicken this Thanksgiving Day instead of stuffing try this cornbread dressing. It's very close to my mother's own recipe.

southern-cornbread-dressing-recipe-DSC_0205.jpg

Southern Cornbread Dressing

Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 45 mins

Cornbread Dressing is a classic southern dish served especially during the holiday season. Moist and delicious, cornbread dressing makes the perfect side dish!

Serves: 12

Ingredients

1 full recipe Southern Buttermilk Cornbread
3 piece sliced sandwich bread or 3 buttermilk biscuits
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon rubbed sage, optional
3 eggs
1 medium onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 stick butter, sliced
4 cups cream of chicken soup
6 cups chicken stock

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350º F.

Crumble all of the cornbread and biscuits (or white bread slices) into a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, eggs, onion, celery, butter, cream of chicken soup, and chicken stock. Stir until well-combined.

Pour dressing into two 9x13 baking dishes and bake until lightly browned, about 30 - 45 minutes. To test doneness, shake casserole dish lightly. If the center of the dressing moves, then the dressing is not cooked through in the center. Continue to bake until the dressing is set throughout.

Notes

You can pour dressing into two smaller casserole dishes to reduce cooking time to about 35 minutes. I like to do this for one pan with onions and the other without for those who do not like onions.

southern-cornbread-recipe-0082.jpg

Southern Cornbread Recipe

Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 25 mins

Cornbread makes a classic Southern side dish. Southern cornbread is made with cornmeal, flour, buttermilk, eggs and ready in 30 minutes!

Serves: 8

Ingredients

2 cups self-rising cornmeal
1 cup self-rising flour
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
½ cup water

Instructions

Preheat oven to 425º F.

Coat large skillet with enough vegetable shortening or butter to coat the bottom and sides of the skillet. Place the coated oven into the oven for the butter or shortening to melt. Remove the skillet from oven once melted.

Meanwhile, stir together the cornmeal, flour, eggs, buttermilk and water and pour into the hot skillet. Return to the oven and bake about 25 minutes or until bread has risen and center springs to the touch.

Serve directly from skillet or allow to stand about 5 minutes and flip onto a plate for serving.

trencherman

Reaction score
Here is a recipe I have tried time and again
and never fails to satisfy:

trencherman

Reaction score
For those who picked up one of those generic pannetones that must have been baked back in September or earlier, separate it from the carton it was baked in without leaving too much on the carton. Slice them into 2 cm. discs and pin them in your waffle iron up to your desired toastiness and slather them with butter and jam.

anarren

Reaction score
Pumpkin-Eggnog Bread Pudding

So much good stuff here! Since it's the season, I'll share a favorite holiday dish. Trust me, it's awesome.

Ingredients:
1 ½ cups egg nog (you could probably use Lite, but then why bother?)
3/4 cup canned pumpkin (the kind that says “Ingredients: Pumpkin” and nothing else)
1/2 cup white sugar (you could experiment with brown or turbinado, but it might be a bit much)
2 large eggs
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
Pinch of ground cloves
1 ½-or-so cups bourbon (optional but really important)
5 cups day-old baguette or crusty bread, cut into 1-inch bits
3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 cup raisins
½ cup toasted almond slivers
Vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Put raisins and almonds and enough bourbon to cover them into a jar with a pretty good seal on the lid (can use plastic wrap). Set this aside. No, you may not have one yet. They’re not ready.

Now, stir together your pumpkin, nog, sugar, eggs, egg yolk, spices, and about 2 tablespoons of bourbon in a mixing bowl. Coat your bread bits with the melted butter in another bowl, then add the pumpkin mix and toss it so it’s all covered. No, you still may not have any of the raisins. They’re not ready. Not the almonds either.

Now, put your proto-pudding into a baking pan (preferably not too deep, maybe 2” tops) and bake until it looks done, about 20-30 minutes.

When you’re ready to serve, drain your raisins and almonds – OK, fine, you can try a few on the way, just for quality control, sure – and spread them over top of the pudding. Challenge your guests to see who’ll drink the raisin-almond-flavored bourbon, or do so yourself if you’re in to that sort of thing.

You could even share!

Serve over vanilla ice cream for best effect, or eat by itself.

Stonecold

GTM Movies
Staff member
Reaction score
Home made baked beans

Home made baked beans made in a crock pot
Baked-Beans.jpg

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups dried navy beans, (optional but recommended: soak beans in water in the fridge for 6 to 8 hours and then drain) can substitute Great northern beans if you can't find navy beans
8 oz bacon, cooked and diced (organic and/or local recommended)
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 onion, quartered
1 - 15-oz tomato sauce, plain ( I use tomato sauce canned from last summers tomatoes or Bertolli Organic Traditional Tomato & Basil Sauce
3/4 cup pure maple syrup (can use Log Cabin Original Syrup but won't be as good)
3 tablespoons yellow mustard
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar(Braggs)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
pepper, black or red, to taste
For those who love the really sweet type of canned baked beans ad
1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 cup molasses

Instructions

Place the beans, bacon, bell pepper, and onion in the bottom of a slow cooker. Set aside.
In a small bowl whisk together the tomato sauce, syrup, mustard, vinegar, chili powder, salt and pepper. Pour over top of bean mixture and then add 3 1/2 cups of water. Turn the slow cooker onto high and cook for 10 to 12 hours. Discard onion pieces and serve warm.
You can ad some honey if you want them sweeter, and also if you want you can ad a ham hock.

This will make a lot of baked beans but you can freeze them just make sure to freeze them the same day you cooked them to avoid changes in texture and flavor.
We have found these to be much better then any canned beans you can buy.