• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Suggestions??

S

Squallmuzza

Essentially, I'm picky as hell with my anime. I enjoyed Wolf's Rain (to the extent that I cried like a bitch through the last 3 eps of it), Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone blew me away (yet the movies put me in a coma) and a few other bits.

Final Fantasy Unlimited was pretty cool, but I think that's because I'm an FF nerd. All the Studio Ghibli films are awesomem, but you'd be a fool not to enjoy 90% of them.

I can't think of the other titles that I loved at the moment (might edit and add them when I think of them).

Essentially what I ask of you guys, is to make a few suggestions of other titles that I might enjoy! I know I've been vaguely, but I'm a vague kinda person! I really like the impressive visuals, things need to look awesome. I also need a storyline I can really get my teeth into (possibly emotionally attached to) and well... just nothing too cheesy while we're at it!

I know that sounds pretty demanding, but any suggestions you guys could make would be taken quite gratefully!

Thanks in advance!

AlSun

Super Vip
Reaction score
Wolf's Rain is one of my faves! :)

I'm not that familar with animes but here some seies and movies I liked.

Mmmhh, I enjoyed watching the series Bleach but I'm stil a little behind and haven't watched the last 30+ episodes I guess.

Also one series I liked but some of my frieds said is boring, was the series X.

If you are interested in vampires you might enjoy the series Hellsing or the movie Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust as well.

S

Squallmuzza

Bleach is a bit too... idk... just odd in animation. Like too much over the top flailing for my liking.

Hellsing's animation style really grated with me. IDK why but it was just weird. Can't remember VH:D, so I'll have to take a look see on that one.

X looks very interesting actually, might have to look that one up later on tonight! Thanks for the suggestions, feel free to keep them coming (and please don't take my negativity badly, as I say, I'm just picky as hell!)

AlSun

Super Vip
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, feel free to keep them coming (and please don't take my negativity badly, as I say, I'm just picky as hell!)

Nah, of course not! :)

I'm not really an anime freak so right now I don't have any futher suggestions but if I come across something interesting I let you know.

paladino

Reaction score
try Fate/Stay Night - its have good graphics and neat story

also Full Metal Alchemist is a good choice - i couldnt find a person who didnt like it

and lastly something called To Aru Majutsu no Index

S

Squallmuzza

try Fate/Stay Night - its have good graphics and neat story

also Full Metal Alchemist is a good choice - i couldnt find a person who didnt like it

and lastly something called To Aru Majutsu no Index

Never heard of Fate/Stay Night, guess I'll be looking that one up!

You've just found your first non-fan of FMA, it was the dub.. (as I can't enjoy a show if I'm reading subs at the same time... just throws me off the action and story. I'd rather read a book). The lead character's voice was just like sandpaper on an open wound to me. Really threw me off every time he started talking >_<. Told ya I was picky!

Not heard of the last one either, so that's another for the list!

Askani

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Fate Stay Night is good, but too short in my opinion. If u Like the comedy aspect but u're also into action get Katekyo Hitman REBORN! It's funny, the real action only starts on episode 16 or so but then it's almost non stop. And I just love Lambo man, it's so funny xD (get it subbed the voices are the best xD).

S

Squallmuzza

There's another one for my list!

If I ever get a chance to not be working any time soon, I might actually get round to watching some of these!

Thanks for the suggestions and the confirmations :D

paladino

Reaction score
well... if you thought that fate/stay night is too short try playing the game/novel
then it would be abit too long
although the 3 plots are amazing
(and gives you details removed in the series like the identity of archer :) )

sulu123

Reaction score
Hunter x Hunter is phenomenal, although the writer for the manga goes on hiatus far too often. The anime's fantastic though, so I'd suggest starting with that and then switching to the manga when the anime ends. Katekyo's really good too and it becomes very action-oriented later on (never seen the anime, only the manga).

S

Squallmuzza

Hmm sounds intriguing. I've never considered myself a manga reader. But.... I guess that's not set in stone. This might even be the way I get into! I might get so into the storyline that I NEED to know what happens. Thanks for the suggestion =)

Askani

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Yup yup will do, I'm still waiting for Anonym to grandfantasia.aeriagames.com/ to come out I'm really looking forward to the closed beta, so I need something to keep me busy since I'll FINALLY get some time off soon and wont travel till January.

Don't forget to anonymise links to external websites please. :)

AlSun

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Squallmuzza

Ummm... I'm not sure what bearing this has on anime? Did you mean this for the MMORPG thread?

silenteve

Reaction score
Hey Squallmuzz,

I just want to say I'm a big Wolf's Rain fan as well. Loved every minute of it. A newer one with a similar tone is Darker Than Black (the first season was better than the second, I thought).

If you're still hungry for some other good anime, I highly recommend Code Geass (if you haven't seen it already). It's got edge-of-your-seat story lines, amazing music, gripping characters, intense fights, strong emotions...it's a superb package IMHO. Chances are you've already heard about this as it was hugely popular when it aired back in 2006. It's got two seasons.

ERICOOL85

Shadow Treader
Reaction score
full metal alchemist, .hack//sign, love them both,
something a bit more cruel and weird
the portrait of pettite cossete
Dokuro very funny one :p

Askani

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Hmmmm, try D-GrayMen, it's awesome, funny, and full of twists too >.<. Pandora Heart's also awesome, a must watch.